Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: don't you sin by not confronting the elders

January 8 2016, 4:36 PM 

Thou doeth not discern? If I had even a tiny bit of spiritual wisdom I would not PROVE everything I say by quoting Scripture.

All of Scripture and the Gift of Christ with APTNESS commands you to remove the cunning craftsmen or sophists: any personal opinion speakers, singers or instrument players. Why WOULD such a FEEDER (only) of the flock do that? Because Christ also made paul APT to warn consistent with dozens of warnings that LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

If you DEFEND those who lie, cheat and steal other people's property SO THAT they can provide a VENUE for WISE men or sophists so they can treat Jesus like Job then old age cannot cure you.

Job 17:6 He hath made me also a byword of the people; and aforetime I was as a tabret.
Job 30:9 And now am I their song, yea, I am their byword.

Job 17:6ASV But he hath made me a byword of the people; And they spit in my face.

Matt. 27:30 And they SPIT upon him, and took the REED [could be a flute], and smote him on the head.
Matt. 27:31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.

Paul said that they REPROACHED Jesus which includes EXPOSING HIS NAKEDNESS.

Paizō 4. play on a musical instrument, h.Ap.206: c. acc., “Pan ho kalamophthogga paizōn” Ar.Ra.230; dance and sing, Pi. O.1.16. 5. play amorously, “pros allēlous”

Empaizō , fut. To be deluded 2. euphem. in mal. part., LXXJd. 19.25.
II. sport in or on, hôs nebros chloerais e. leimakos hêdonais E.Ba. 866 (lyr.); tois choroisin e. to sport in the dance, Ar.Th.975; tôi Luc.Lex.5

Paig-ma , atos, to, A. play, sport, lōtos hotan . . paigmata bremē whene'er the pipe sounds its sportive strains, E.Ba.161(lyr.); “Ludia p. luras” Lyr.Alex.Adesp.37.15.II. 'child's play', to toiouto p. tōn logōn

I do claim the gift of A holy spirit or A good conscience which means that I can read BLACK text on BROWN paper.

YES, I KNOW: those people who are Purpose Driven to make their "worship" services NAKED of the Word or Logos will tell you with a "straight" face. "But, nowhere does it say that thou shalt not musically mock Jesus. And, bless their hearts, they are correct. According to the lying wonders concept they are GOD DRIVEN to take the robes off their Unholy spirits OF THE WORLD for which Jesus will not pray.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Jan 8, 2016 4:44 PM

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Let it Sink in

January 9 2016, 8:03 AM 

"...then old age cannot cure you."

Now you got it Ace.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Let it Sink in

January 9 2016, 4:15 PM 

What doctrinal topic would you really like to discuss?

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Try Again

January 9 2016, 5:46 PM 

Donnie,
I know this is your site and you may pay the bills, but as long as you allow me to post, and you continue this evil assault on churches of Christ, then your "What doctrinal topic would you really like to discuss" will not flush.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Try Again

January 9 2016, 6:04 PM 

A Church of Christ (synagogue) is defined both inclusively in the wilderness, in the prophets and by Jesus' affirming the prophets and the epistles by eye-- and ear-- witnesses. That body of literature is not subject to private interpretation or further expounding.

Further expounding or interpretaion can be done with the SERMO, singing, playing instruments, acting, dancing or mimicry.

An institution which lies about Scripture and deliberately sows discord are the only Church of Christ and other groups (by request) is NOT an Ekklesia or School of Christ. The sign out front according to the Mikros-Megas ratio is most likely a lie to PREVENT you from hearing the word PREACHED by being READ just Once a Week on your REST day.

You cannot slander a "brother" who publishes false information and who can NOT be my brother by Scriptural definition.

My brothers, sons in laws, or any one I know would lie to me to use the guilt clause to make me support him and his family so that HE could replace me as a Disciple of Christ.

Jesus told us how to define those who are NOT brothers and by their nature cannot be sons of gods and brothers of Christ.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Never Said Any Better

January 10 2016, 4:20 PM 

Ken said "An institution which lies about Scripture and deliberately sows discord are the only Church of Christ and other groups (by request) is NOT an Ekklesia or School of Christ."

Concernedmembers---------->An institution which lies about Scripture and deliberately sows discord..."...."is NOT an Ekklesia or School of Christ."

Well said Ken.

Thank you.

Definition of Insitution....
an organization, establishment, foundation, society, or the like, devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program, especially one of a public, educational, or charitable character:

Concernedmembers is an establishment, or the like, and definitely devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program....that cause being...an antichrist evil movement.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Try Again

January 9 2016, 7:15 PM 

Realize that it is the change agents who assault the New Testament church. We've talked about that subject matter a lot. A very good example of it was/is the assault on the Madison congregation. Another example is the Oak Hills Church (formerly "... of Christ") -- it is now a Community Church. Don't blame me and ConcernedMembers. Blame the change agents!!!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Let it Sink in

January 9 2016, 5:47 PM 

I don't feel in need of a cure: right now I am getting injections in an eyeball which is not yet in danger but even if blind I would be able to hear black text on brown paper.

Dave just hates for anyone to be able to quote the Bible and all recorded history which connects instruments in religious "worship" as rooted in Satan and intends to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter.

If you spent your life's earnings getting all of the Phds associated with the Bible you would still use McGuffy's Lexicon and read:

SPEAK that which is WRITTEN for your learning
BUT, ODE and PSALLO in the heart or mind meaning Keep it Silent.

There is no way to INTERPRET that: Jesus just left APT elders with the command to SPEAK or READ to teach that which has been taught.

Old age brings on gratitude so you can appreciate other posting everything that has been written. Now that the Higgs boson has been found I need to spend more time on particle physics.

There is no other place to find what you need to convince you that you should NEVER sell your body trying to explain away the olden BIBLE. Ingratitude is the worst sin.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Trinity and Music is from the Greek Barbarians

January 9 2016, 8:39 PM 

Aristides: VIII. Let us turn further to the Greeks also, that we may know what opinion they hold as to the true God. The Greeks, then, because they are more subtle than the Barbarians, have gone further astray than the Barbarians; inasmuch as they have introduced many fictitious gods, and have set up some of them as males and some as females; and in that some of their gods were found who were adulterers, and did murder, and were deluded, and envious, and wrathful and passionate, and parricides, and thieves, and robbers. And some of them, they say, were crippled and limped, and some were sorcerers, and some actually went mad, and some played on lyres, and some were given to roaming on the hills, and some even died,

and some were struck dead by lightning, and some were made servants even to men, and some escaped by flight, and some were kidnapped by men, and some, indeed, were lamented and deplored by men. And some, they say, went down to Sheol, and some were grievously wounded, and some transformed themselves into the likeness of animals to seduce the race of mortal women,

and some polluted themselves by lying with males And some, they say, were wedded to their mothers and their sisters and their daughters. And they say of their gods that they committed adultery with the daughters of men; and of these there was born a certain race which also was mortal. And they say that some of the females disputed about beauty, and appeared before men for judgment.

Thus, O King, have the Greeks put forward foulness, and absurdity, and folly about their gods and about themselves, in that they have called those that are of such a nature gods, who are no gods. And hence mankind have received incitements to commit adultery and fornication, and to steal and to practise all that is offensive and hated and abhorred.

For if they who are called their gods practised all these things which are written above, how much more should men practise them--men, who believe that their gods themselves practised them.

And owing to the foulness of this error there have happened to mankind harassing wars, and great famines, and bitter captivity, and complete desolation. And lo! it was by reason of this alone that they suffered and that all these things came upon them;and while they endured those things they did not perceive in their mind that for their error those things came upon them.

And hence, O King, we are bound to recognize the error of the Barbarians, that thereby, since they did not find traces of the true God, they fell aside from the truth, and went after the desire of their imagination, serving the perishable elements and lifeless images, and through their error not apprehending what the true God

XI. And after him they bring forward another god and call him Apollon. And they say that he is jealous and inconstant, and at times he holds the bow and quiver, and again the lyre and plectron. And he utters oracles for men that he may receive rewards from them. Is then this god in need of rewards? But it is an insult that all these things should be found with a god.

The Psallo word means ONLY to pluck or smite a string with the fingers but NEVER with a plectrum. Your preacher will tell you that is wrong because he is Purpose Driven defined by the MARKS.

Apollon-Abaddon is the leader of the locusts or MUSES: they were his musical worship team and his SPIRITUS is said to be the leader of all religious musicians."

They even claim that "a" spirit told them to impose "musical instruments" so they could save more souls even when the offended and "cast out" thousands of the owners and boast about making religious war. Even "slaughtering sacred cows" even when the "cows" were commanded by Jesus Christ.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Feminists-Effeminate: Music, the Serpent and Mother Goddesses

January 10 2016, 4:58 PM 

Dave Concernedmembers---------->An institution which lies about Scripture and deliberately sows discord..."...."is NOT an Ekklesia or School of Christ."

Well said Ken.

Thank you.

Definition of Insitution....
an organization, establishment, foundation, society, or the like, devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program, especially one of a public, educational, or charitable character:

Concernedmembers is an establishment, or the like, and definitely devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program....that cause being...an antichrist evil movement.

The inability to SEE or READ is a bad mark: Institutions are "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior."[1] As structures or mechanisms of social order, they govern the behaviour of a set of individuals within a given community. Institutions are identified with a social purpose, transcending individuals and intentions by mediating the rules that govern living behavior.[2]

That is how Rubel Shelly defines Community (commune) churches or Families of God.

False, we don't have any STAFF always called parasites. Religious "worship centers" meet that definition and are therefore wanna be CULTS.

Dave defends instrumental music AS worship when Jesus said that the ingdom does not come with religious OBSERVATIONS. Anything beyond a SCHOLL of the word or Regulative Principle is a religious INSTITUTION. CM is a forum or a STUMP in the public square. The wimpy burgers will debate with empty chairs but they will not expose their bodies to examination.

Dave just hates quoted scripture and ALL historic documents which says, with Christ) that the DEVIL is the only recorded resource for the wind, string and percussion instruments in the always-pagan worship centers. Christ in Isaiah 30 says the same wind,string and percussion instruments will MARK God driving His enemies int HELL and now--the lake of fire.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Jan 10, 2016 5:00 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Lie of UNITY IN DIVERSITY

January 12 2016, 6:11 PM 

It is not possible for a Disciple of Christ (Christian) to twist Ephesians 4 into "unity in diversity." They mean that if I decided to impose instruments (machines for doing work) on YOU they YOU are obligated NOT to object and SOW DISCORD.

Only Satan or his angels of light would be able to say that with a straight mouth and have all of the audience give him a round of applause.

Heard this quote from Lincoln: "We are born ignorant, it takes a lot of training to remain stupid."

The thesis is proven by Jesus speaking in parables to prevent the Jewish clergy from understanding: He is from above and the Jews were from below: most godly Jews had already fled from Jerusalem.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Trinity-Music mark of FEMINISTS-Effeminate Part 2

January 13 2016, 1:47 PM 

We have noted that recorded history proves that both dominate religionists (mother goddesses can be male) and the trinity of three persons or people derive from the original and end time PROGRESSING BACK TO BABYLON (Rev. 17f)

All recorded religious-musicians (including all of the marks of the Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned Levites and including Jubal) points to feminists domination of males: Both the "touch" of Eve and "handle" of Jubal includes in a SEXUAL SENSE.

I am truly sorry but history and modern "persona" which sends people fleeing from their own "synagogue" never records any exception. You might find one.

http://www.piney.com/Worship.Androgyny.The.Pagan.Sexual.Ideal.html

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Music Effeminate Part 3

January 14 2016, 1:56 PM 

The "progressives" to a person claim that God commanded "instrumental worship" and never changed His mind. Any Disciple or Christian would read Acts 7 and try to find out why the clergy murdered Stephen. He debunked their "predestination" and said that as a result of Mount Sinai God turned the Israelites over to worship the starry host (Lucifer, Apollon]. They don't NEED to ask what got Stephen and Jesus and the prophets murdered because they, says Jesus, are from BELOW or the netherworld, the kosmos or the ecumenical. If you flunk Acts 7 then selling your learning at retail is called corrupting the Word or prostitution.

All falls from Grace were caused by the "mixed multitude" sent along to seduce the Israelites. All of those TRANSISTIONED by the NACC and Christian Standard planned to do a slow boil by collecting the money, organizing fellow travelers and the OUTING their hidden agenda to impose what they call "instrumental praise." Been there, done that three times which makes me dumber than an earthworm.

That's fine: that's what God does with delusions and lying wonders (spectacles of or SHOCK AND AWE worship services which ELEMINATES worship of God and boasting about debunking the Regulative Principle or Logos and are marked as ANTI-CHRISTS which is also the label John imposes on those who deny the

One God the Father and One Lord and Son.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Sorcerer's Sting

January 14 2016, 11:05 PM 

I challenge any "scholar" to find any Biblical or other historical note that does not connect musical sounds and names of instruments to religious prostitutes, sorcerers or those making spiritual "worship wars" as those who think they are on the winning side boast. Their "performance" is really a poke in the eye of faithful disciples even if they limit it to violating PSALLO by using a guitar pick.

Philodemos considered it paradoxical that music should be regarded as veneration of the gods while musicians were paid for performing this so-called veneration. Again, Philodemus held as self-deceptive the view that music mediated religious ecstasy. He saw the entire condition induced by the noise of cymbals and tambourines as a disturbance of the spirit. (Paul called it mad or insane) He found it significant that, on the whole, only women and effeminate men fell into this folly."

Jesus said that He and the little flock were FROM ABOVE and not OF the world.
He charged the Jewish clergy with being FROM BELOW or Hell: after all the Jews boasted about their "covenant with death and hell" the true God could do nothing about it.

[linked image]

Aiding and Abetting can get you burned: the fate of all of the mark of instrument passages.

They can't trump the Spirit of Christ in Habbakuk:

Hab. 2:19 Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake [David]; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.
Hab. 2:20 But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

Those Jesus had John call SORCERERS are Purpose Driven to prevent that.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Messianic Jews and Babylonianism Part A+

January 15 2016, 8:47 PM 

Messianic Jews are supported and used by churches and have a place at once-Christian universities "workshops of evil" using Ezekiel's words.

Messianic Jews believe that Jesus was THEIR Messiah and the New Covenant is the Old Covenant practiced from the Babylonian Talmud and is anti-Biblical.

All warfare is based on people who think that they have a right to your land and property including your "church" property and members to fulfil THEIR purpose. Such "cutting lambs out of the flock" is the meaning of Heresy or Sectarianism.

Holy Scripture includes only the Prophets and Apostles and the isolated prophecies about Messiah. He fulfiled the prophets ALL of whom debunk the claim of superiority by those who were "special" only because God abandoned them to the beginning and end time worship of the starry hosts or wandering stars or planets. Let the Spirit of CHRIST debunk the Jewish Monarchy and the Daughter pseudo Christian churches.

There are many passages which prove, even in the garden, that the people OF the world or netherworld invent Religious Observations to which the kingdom does not come. The time spent on song and sermon proves that they are rising up AGAINST God and the MARK is play or musical idolatry.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Saved from What?

January 19 2016, 12:39 PM 

Most religionists call the Spirit of Christ and Jesus liars for insisting that anyone has to obey the direct commands of Jesus and others. In Ephesians 2 I know of no one who ever asked and answered thee question: Saved or made Safe from WHAT.

The WHAT is what happened in Ephesus and happens in an overt virtual sense when you see anyone acting or "preforming" on the stage

The form of "authority" outlawed by Paul in the "non-sedentary" role was and is sexual authority. It is not possible to have attractive and talented women standing between the "audience" and God claiming power to lead them into God's presence without insulting God and seducing men. It also silences males for the Purpose Driven Purpose that "all might be saved or made SAFE and come to a knowledge of the Truth which is the WORD ONLY.

"Ephesus was famous for its shrine of Diana, where thousands of sacred prostitutes believed fornication brought believers into contact with deity in much the same way the Gnostics used authentia (authority) to bind the flesh and the divine together. When these women converted to Christianity they had to unlearn these pagan practices. 'Virtually without exception, female teachers among the Greeks were courtesans, such as Aspasia, who numbered Socrates and Pericles among her students. Active in every major school of philosophy, these hetairai made it evident in the course of their lectures that they were available afterwards for a second occupation.

But the Bible teaches that to seduce men in such a manner was indeed to lead them to slaughter and the halls of death (cf. Prov. 2:18; 5:5; 6:27; 9:18).

The verb authentein is thus peculiarly apt to describe both the erotic and murderous." (Trombley, Who Says Women Can't Teach, p. 177).

All these people visited the temple for different reasons: the sailors came because the temple was a brothel and the grounds were surrounded with palatial outbuildings for temple girls of different prices. Every female devotee of Diana (the Roman name for the goddess Artemis) served two years as a prostitute in the temple precincts with most of her earnings going into the temple treasury. The cult of Artemis taught that by profane intercourse the worshiper insured the increase of financial prosperity, and it certainly worked -- at least for the temple treasury.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Ephesian Letters or Magical books.

January 20 2016, 1:44 PM 

The Babylonian and Hitties and even Jews wrote poems or songs to be their personal property. After they are dead the songs or Magical Encantations are collected in a book and can be used by anyone. The understanding was that when you sang one of the songs you were worshiping the composer with the hope that the demon or spirit of the dead would give you goodies. That defines many of the progressives who sing as an ACT of worship with the promise that watching the buffoons they could lead you into the presence of God. The Vineyard-Wineskinners promise a sexual like EXPERIENCE with a spirit.

There is no reason that even the most advanced degrees as doctors of the law or preachers should have any knowledge of what Paul and the rest of the Bible explains to those with A holy spirit or a co-perception required to be a Christian or Disciple who is EXCLUSIVELY a Student of the Word of God. For the education of the Church of Christ that includes Holy Scripture as the Prophets and Apostles. In fact the monkey shines of preachers ACTING on the stage is the mark that God has sent strong delusions to those who despise the word: this is PROVEN by how much they permit God to speak in THEIR spectacle of SHOCK AND AWE.

"Saved by Grace through Faith" is enough to fool most of the people most of the time and that will allow Angels of Blight to get rich and famous. However, a disciple of Christ wants to know FROM WHAT does God's grace and our FAITHFULNESS make us SAFE FROM.

TATIAN TO THE GREEKS: Chapter XVII.-They Falsely Promise Health to Their Votaries.

http://www.piney.com/ChFatTat.html

Concerning the sympathies and antipathies of Democritus what can we say but this, that, according to the common saying, the man of Abdera is Abderiloquent? But, as he who gave the name to the city, a friend of Hercules as it is said, was devoured by the horses of Diomedes, so he who boasted of the Magian Ostanes will be delivered up in the day of consummation as fuel for the eternal fire.

And you, if you do not cease from your laughter, will gain the same punishment as the jugglers. Wherefore, O Greeks, hearken to me, addressing you as from an eminence,
nor in mockery transfer your own want of reason
to the herald of the truth. [preachers]

A diseased affection (pa/qoj) is not destroyed by a counter-affection (antipa/qeia), nor is a maniac cured by hanging little amulets of leather upon him.
There are visitations of demons;
and he who is sick,
and he who says he is in love,
and he who hates,
and he who wishes to be revenged, accept them as helpers.

And this is the method of their operation: just as the forms of alphabetic letters and the lines composed of them (chants or songs using letters or monosyllables a form of speaking in tongues)

cannot of themselves indicate what is meant,
but men have invented for themselves signs of their thoughts,

knowing by their peculiar combination what the order of the letters was intended to express;

ALL musical terms and names of instruments are connected with soothsaying-sorcery (Miriam and the God-abandoned Levites. Barnes notes of the Ephesians singing (ode) which is the OPPOSITE of Lexis or Speak:

There is an interesting reason why Paul may have written the Ephesians. It was a city filled with magical arts and there were Ephesian Letters .....with supposed magical powers. "
.....(These EPHESIAN letters) seem to have consisted of certain combinations of letters or words,
.....which, by being pronounced with certain intonations of voice,
.....were believed to be effectual in expelling diseases, or evil spirits;
.....or which, by being written on parchment and worn, were supposed to operate as amulets, or charms,
.....to guard from evil spirits, or from danger. Thus Plutarch (Sympos. 7) says,
..... 'the magicians compel those who are possessed with a demon
.....to recite and pronounce the Ephesian letters,
.....in a certain order, by themselves.'"
[Notes, Explanatory and Practical, on the Acts of the Apostles, by A. Barnes, 1858, page 264]

Ephesian Letters.

Magic characters. The EPHESIANS were greatly addicted to magic.
.....Magic characters were marked on the crown, cincture, and feet of Diana;
.....and, at the preaching of Paul, many which used curious [magical] books burnt them. (Acts xi:19.)
..........The Ephesian poet. Hipponax, born at Ephesus in the sixth century B.C.
.....so, in like manner, the various kinds of roots and
.....the mutual relation of the sinews and bones can effect nothing of themselves,
.....but are the elemental matter with which the depravity of the demons works,
..... who have determined for what purpose each of them is available.

And, when they see that men consent to be served by means of such things,
.....they take them and make them their slaves.

But how can it be honourable to minister to adulteries?
.....How can it be noble to stimulate men in hating one another?
.....Or how is it becoming to ascribe to matter the relief of the insane, and not to God?
.....For by their art they turn men aside from the pious acknowledgment of God,
.....leading them to place confidence in herbs and roots.

Chapter XXIV.-Of the Other Public Amusements.

What advantage should I gain from him who is brought on the stage by Euripides raving mad, and acting the matricide of Alcmaeon;who does not even retain his natural behaviour, but with his mouth wide open goes about sword in hand, and, screaming aloud, is burned to death, habited in a robe unfit for man?
.....Away, too, with the mythical tales of Acusilaus, and Menander, a versifier of the same class!
.....And why should I admire the mythic piper?
Why should I busy myself about the Theban Antigenides,
.....(Antigenides was a flute-player, and Aristoxenus a writer on music and musical instruments.)

like Aristoxenus?We leave you to these worthless things; and do you either believe our doctrines, or, like us, give up yours.

Tom Burgess quoting O.E. Payne and all instrumentalists use ARISTONEXUS as one of their PROOF TEXTS for "plucking."

PSALLO can only be used of plucking a string with the fingers but NEVER with a plectrum: Psallo has no connection to musical instruments but means PLUCKING.

"Aristoxenus says that the magadis and the pectis may be played without a plectrum, by simply plucking [psalmou] with the fingers....

Again, Phrynichus says in The Phoenician Women, 'With plucking [psalmoisin] of the strings they sing [aeidontes] their lays in answering strains."-The Deiphnosphists, XIV. 635, Translated by Gulick, Vol. 6, p. 427.

Sappho [source of LESBIAN] is said by Athenaeus, quoting Menaechmus and Aristoxenus, to have been the first of the Greek poets to use the Pêktis (pêktis), a foreign instrument of uncertain form, a kind of harp (cf. fr. 122), which was played by the fingers without a plectrum.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Jan 20, 2016 8:24 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The Ephesian Letters or Magical books.

January 20 2016, 9:20 PM 

More of what Salvation by Grace through faith.

Aristoph. Cl. 595
Chorus
Hear me again, King Phoebus, Delian Apollo, who inhabitest the high-peaked Cynthian rock! And thou, blessed goddess, who inhabitest the all-golden house of Ephesus, in which Lydiandamsels greatly reverence thee; and thou, our national goddess, swayer of the aegis, Minerva, guardian of the city! And thou, reveler Bacchus, who, inhabiting the Parnassian rock, sparklest with torches, conspicuous among the Delphic Bacchanals

Ephesos , hē, Ephesus, Hdt.1.142, etc.:—Adj. Ephesios , a, on, grammata [Scribes, notes in music]
A.magic formula, Plu.2.706e, Eust.1864.16 (also Ephesēia , “gr.” Anaxil.18.7 (anap.)): Ephesia , hē, = aristolokheia stroggulē, Ps.-Dsc. 3.4; = artemisia, ib.113: Ephesia , ta, festival of Artemis at Ephesus, Th.3.104 (also Epheseia, ta, OGI10.10): Ephesēo
nikēs [Nike the GODDESS OF VICTORY] victor in these games, Ephes.2.72 (iii A.D.): Ephesis , idos, hē, in pl., title of poem by Aeschrio, Sch.Lyc.688.

Nicolaitans: Nikes take the Laity captive

--Berlin Ephesos , hê, Ephesus, Hdt.1.142, etc.:--Adj. Ephesios , a, on, grammata a

Artemision , to,
A.temple of Artemis, place sacred to her, Hdt.8.8 sq., Plu.2.264c, etc.: Dor. Artamition Ar.Lys.1251, SIG56.26 (Argos, v B. C.); Artemition

Thuc. 3.104 There had also in old time been great concourse in Delos, both of Ionians and of the islanders round about. For they then came to see the games, with their wives and children, as the Ionians do now the games at Ephesus. [4] There were likewise matches set of bodily exercise and of music; and the cities did severally set forth dances. Which things to have been so, is principally declared by Homer in these verses of his hymn to Apollo:

And venerable BEDFELLOWS; and there
In matches set of buffets, song, and dance,
Both show thee pastime and thy name advance.
But thou, Apollo, takest most delight
In Delos.There assemble in thy sight
The long-coat Ions, with their children dea

[5] That there were also matches of music and that men resorted thither to contend therein he again maketh manifest in these verses of the same hymn. For after he hath spoken of the Delian dance of the women, he endeth their praise with these verses, wherein also he maketh mention of himself:

[7] He departed there, and went into the house of a certain man named Justus, one who worshiped God, whose house was next door to the synagogue. [8] Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his house. Many of the Corinthians, hearing, believed and were baptized

HH 5 16 Nor does laughter-loving Aphrodite ever tame in love Artemis, the huntress with shafts of gold; for she loves archery and the slaying of wild beasts in the mountains, the lyre also and dancing and thrilling cries

In Greek mythology Artemis is the daughter of Zeus and Leto and the twin sister of Apollo. In Roman mythology, she was known as Diana. In Etruscan mythology, she took the form of Artume.

She was the virgin moon goddess of the hunt, wild animals, healing, wilderness, chastity, and paradoxically childbirth (she was worshipped as a fertility/childbirth goddess mostly in cities), since she assisted her mother in the delivery of her twin. Early in her development, she was identified with Hecate, the primal, pre-Olympian feral goddess. She later became more identified with and eventually supplanted Selene as the moon goddess to complement her twin's identification with and supplantation of Helios as the sun god. Artemis also assimilated Caryatis (Carya).

Her priestesses were addressed with the title Melissa.

Artemis was not worshipped heavily in much of mainland Greece. In Asia Minor, however, she was a principal deity. The city of Ephesus is probably the best known of the Asian centers of her worship, from the story in the Acts of the Apostles, where the Ephesian metalsmiths who feel threatened by Paul's preaching of the new faith, zealously riot in her defense, shouting "Great is Diana of the Ephesians!" (Acts 19:28 KJV) In Rome, she was heavily venerated at Mount Tifata near Capua and in holy forests (such as Aricia, Latium) Her high priest lived in Aricia; his position was passed to the person who was able to kill him with a bough, picked from a tree in the forest.

Acts 19:27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
Acts 19:28 And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.
Acts 19:29 And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul’s companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.
Acts 19:30 And when Paul would have entered in unto the people, the disciples suffered him not.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter