Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How do I increase font size?

February 13 2016 at 9:59 PM
Dianna  (Login dianna01)
from IP address 107.77.68.27

I can attest that my message was not changed, only font size.

Thanks,
Dianna Howell

Ken, How do I increase font size? Hurting my eyes too.

-------------------------------
A title has been added. [d.c.]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 23.127.32.146 on Feb 15, 2016 10:54 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Untitled

February 13 2016, 11:04 PM 

Dianna,

I read your well-written message last night. [Admittedly I was wondering what was changed -- I couldn't tell if there was something deleted or modified.] So, I agree with you now: the intent was not to change the message, but to change the font size for easier reading.

What font type and size would you prefer? Let us know.

Meanwhile, I'm going to make a note that it's been edited to change the font size.

Thanks for your participation.

Donnie

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 13 2016, 11:30 PM 

Dianna,

Your message on page 7 has been changed for font size and face -- just like this text.

Would you like the text bolded just like this sentence?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Changing the FONT

February 14 2016, 1:56 AM 

Here are the basic rules for formatting your text message:

1. A beginning tag precedes the text; it consists of:

-------- the less than symbol: <
-------- the tag: FONT SIZE=4 COLOR=BLUE FACE=TIMES
-------- the greater than symbol: >

2. Your text, such as: Here are the basic rules for formatting your text message:

3. An ending tag following the text:

-------- the less than symbol: <
-------- the slash symbol: /
-------- the tag: FONT
-------- the greater than symbol: >

In the examples below, I'm using the beginning bracket symbol, instead of the less than symbol. I'm also using the ending bracket symbol, instead of the greater than symbol. The reason is that if I use both < and >, the HTML code will be executed, and you will not be able to see the format of the tags. In reality, you must use the < and > symbols intead of the [ and ].
[font size=4 color=blue face=times]Here are the basic rules for formatting your text message:[/font]

Other common tags: [B] means BOLD; [I] means ITALICIZE; [U] means UNDERLINE.

Other colors: COLOR=BLACK, COLOR=RED, COLOR=GREEN.

Other fonts: FACE=ARIAL, FACE=COURIER, FACE=VERDANA

[font size=3 color=red face=times][b]Here are the basic rules for formatting your text message:[/b][/font]

[font size=4 color=blue face=times][b]Here are the [u]basic rules[/u] for formatting [i]your text message[/i]:[/b][/font]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Lots of people are calling for God's Fire to fall on ME.

February 14 2016, 12:12 PM 

The larger and more colorful the texts the more it irritates people like the adorable praise singers do to disciples.

I have responded to your Nadab and Abihu comments under the "singing" thread because people mock God's Silence by claiming to lead you into the "holy place" which they claim is BEFORE God. Jay Guin features Jonathan Stormat who has NEW READINGS on music, the charismatic movement, continuation of miracles and homosexuals.

http://oneinjesus.info/2013/12/jonathan-storment-on-cessationism/

Jay Guin says: Nadab and Abihu were sons of Aaron and priests when the Law of Moses was first instituted. They offered “strange fire” and God killed them.

Of course that's a lie.

They called it, “Strange Fire”

Which may not mean much to you, but it means a lot to me. Because growing up in the Restoration Movement, that is a reference to an obscure little story in Leviticus that no other branch in Christian tradition really paid attention to.

There are OTHER versions of this obscure event such as the end time religious craftsment as sorcerers being CAST ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

It’s the story of Nadab and Abihu, some of the first priests in the Torah. It’s 10 little verses that end with God smiting Nadab and Abihu because they offered “Strange” or “Unauthorized Fire.”

This is another one of those passages to prove that people who sell their own learning CANNOT read. God didn't care whether people burned incense by the camel load with whatever fire they wished: the punch line was that they did it BEFORE THE LORD. God had already put the holy places of the Tabernacle (of witness) OFF LIMITS because they "rose up to play in instrumental-trinitarian idolatry." The Tabernacle or Temple was not a house of witness but had become a WITNESS once a year between the potentially estranged tribe.

Jay Guin: Remember, the argument against instrumental music, clapping, and many other things is based on a lack of authority–not a violation of an explicit command. No one argues that God permits Christians to intentionally violate a command. But additions that do not violate a command are a much different question.

If God commands something for Moses and Aaron He explicitely forbids it to others. God PROPHESIED that Jesus would be MOCKED with music and the concept of "burning outside the came" somehow applies to Jesus: he did not decay nor consumed. God did not FORBID it but intententionally PROPHESIED that it would happen:

[linked image]

The same Levites as exorcists or soothsayers died in the fires of Jerusalem or were cast into Topheth (Tabret) and burned or consumed on a bed of maggots.

You can sell ignorance but you cannot give truth away.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Feb 14, 2016 12:40 PM

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

Church Singing

February 14 2016, 8:09 PM 

Respond to this message   
Dianna
(Login dianna01)

Re: Lots of people are calling for God's Fire to fall on ME.

February 14 2016, 8:21 PM 

I am going to switch it to size=4:

The font size you used is fine. Im going to assume that you have increased it, unless you tell me otherwise. It still looks the same as I am typing this message,which is hard to see. I see reading glasses in my future. Will utilizing the instructions you provided increase the font on my end?

Glad you elaborated on the Nadab and Abihu verse. I used that verse for the purpose that you explained. I should have included the rest of the story, but thought the one verse would show God's not messing around.

Ken, you mentioned the sabbath is Gods day of rest, and we have a day of "rest", or that it had never been done away with(or the purposes behind it). There are numerous scriptures in the NT, which reference the sabbath, and I was wondering if you or Donnie would start a thread to discuss this further. If there is already a thread could you direct me to it. There is a verse (that I can't find), that led me to believe our first day of the week is like a sabbath, or we are to keep the sabbath. I've listed some of the verses from NT that could be what I'm talking about...Hopefully, this isn't too confusing. This verse could have applied before Christ was crucified. In the meantime, I will keep looking for the verse, and I will post should I find it.

But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: (‭Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭20‬ KJV)

For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭4‬ KJV)

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: (‭Colossians‬ ‭2‬:‭16‬ KJV)

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭17‬ KJV)

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭18‬ KJV)

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭9‬ KJV)

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Feb 14, 2016 9:13 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

REST means STOP it.

February 14 2016, 9:06 PM 

It's true: Joshua never gave a day of rest because the civil-military-clergy complex--condemned in the prophets--proved that the people never escaped slavery including tithes and offerings to feed the levi tribe who operated the King's Shrine which was not a house of worship.

Heb. 4:8 For if Jesus [Joshua] had given them rest,
then would he not afterward have spoken of ANOTHER day.
Heb. 4:9 There remaineth therefore a REST to the people of God.

Allos is not totally different but includes — the next day, another, i. e. one besides what has been mentioned, 7. with Numerals, yet, still, further, It could never mean ANOTHER DAY as a restored SABBATH.

Another DAY is replaced by the new Priests and Levites as 24/7 with someone to supervise your rest.

Kata-Pauo 3. depose from power, k. tina tês archês, tês basilêïês, Hdt.4.1, 6.64; tous turannous Id.5.38 , cf. 2.144, 7.105; Mousas depose them from their honours, cease to worship them, E. HF685
.....Mousa singing, playing the lyre, Aiakō moisan pherein [BURDEN]” Pi.N.3.28;
STOP the: “molpan singing and dancing

But, NO CHANCE: Eur. Her. 685[680] Yes, still the aged singer lifts up his voice of bygone memories: still is my song of the triumphs of Heracles, whether Bromius the giver of wine is near, or the strains of the seven-stringed lyre and the Libyan pipe are rising; [685] not yet will I cease to sing the Muses' praise, my patrons in the dance.

Jesus invited us to come outside and rest with Him and "come learn of me." That was supposed to dispose of the clergy now new priests and levites who LADE BURDENS. The Greek word is Pauo which has less perhaps to do with a DAY as it defines WHAT is to be Paused or STOPPED.

The laded burden includes anything beyond what the Campbells tried to restore as a School of Christ or of the Word. The burden includes "a tax not in time of war."

That was defined inclusively and exclusively for the Church of Christ (the Rock) in the wilderness or synagogue or ekklesia.

We have posted, perhaps in vain, the fact that SABBATH also means SCHOOL. It cuts all strings to field bosses (ministries) and gives one freedom to refresh or be edified which means educated. To the greeks it meant freedom to attend any school as the day when education was possible.

Excludes: Rom. 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

The Greek and Latin word for self pleasure includes all of the performance arts and crafts which you have to silence if you are not prevented from....

Rom. 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

I don't know anyone who can understand verse 4.

Maybe you should begin the Sabbath Rest thread: you have quoted a good beginning.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Feb 14, 2016 9:37 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 15 2016, 12:34 AM 

This thread has remained untitled.

This thread includes instructions to change the font size; it appears to be a continuation of an ongoing discussion of the "Church Singing" thread; etc. (Dianna or Ken may want to initiate a thread on the Sabbath [day].)

Is there any suggestion as to how this thread should be titled? Since it now appears to be a continuing discussion? Let us know.

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

SSSSS

February 15 2016, 5:15 AM 

May I suggest,

"Simple Simon Sez Sisters Sit"

Basic Training with Ken is a good start for them. JMHO. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

Irregular Font

February 15 2016, 12:35 PM 

Ken, the linked images (copy and paste) you post for text seem to be too small compared to your regular larger font. Irregular font and bizarre background colors make me a bit squeamish. Just thought you should know. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Irregular Font

February 15 2016, 1:58 PM 

As you know Ken's online library (piney.com) is voluminous!!! His articles with the .jpg extension are innumerable, many of which have been shared and submitted here as linked images [as you mentioned] from his library. The background color, font sizes, the width of the image are all preset.

There are cases when the width of the image is controlled and set to avoid scrolling to the right or to the left as possible. [I recall having to edit a post with in image that occupied the whole screen -- the width was an issue. In that case, I had to reduce the the image horizontally and vertically.]

As to the rest of the non-image text, it is a matter of how the poster wants to communicate with others. Since "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (including readability), font-formatting is taken into consideration.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 15 2016, 2:20 PM 

Hey, Rocky,

You're a tech kind of guy. You've used HTML tags, such as "I" for "italicize" or "B" for "bold" ... etc.

Using the tag "FONT" ... I'd like to see you have a contest with Dave. Recently, Dave used the FONT tag in one of his posts; it was really eye-catching. I'll try look to for that post and show here what he did.

---------------------
D.C.: I found it. Dave used: font size=8. I'm substituting "for illustration only":
for illustration only

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 23.127.32.146 on Feb 15, 2016 2:35 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 15 2016, 4:32 PM 

Great! I am a Purpose Driven Plaguer!

I never excede images at 750 px by Donnie's order. I try to cram too much into one image. My GRAB for making images is limited by the Vsize of my screen. That's why I sometimes make several pages for one word or passage study. I will work on that.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: How do I increase font size?

February 15 2016, 4:06 PM 

A Special Announcement

For those of us who need a microscope or a telescope to read: The settings have been changed to default to FONT FACE=VERDANA and SIZE=MEDIUM. Let's see if this is acceptable to all.

Hopefully, this will not necessitate editing the message for font size only. Displaying: "This message has been edited..." is misleading when only the font size has been changed, but not the message.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 23.127.32.146 on Feb 15, 2016 4:19 PM

Respond to this message   
Dianna
(Login dianna01)

Font changes much appreciated

February 15 2016, 5:16 PM 

Thanks Donnie! I am not very tech savvy, and at first the instruction you gave were all Greek to me. I think I understand it now, and should I feel froggy I will utilize the fancy stuff.

Respond to this message   
Dianna
(Login dianna01)

Me again

February 15 2016, 6:01 PM 

After thinking about this, I don't want everyone to have to accommodate me. If you want to put it back as it was, then everyone won't have to adjust the way they are used to it.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Me again

February 15 2016, 6:15 PM 

No trouble: Like Donnie, I have to put my practice on three lines or they cannot be seen:

<
font face= arial size=4
>

I have made this into an image:

[linked image]

I will be happy to increase the size even though your posts are easily read: I just like to shout!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 15 2016, 8:23 PM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Feb 15, 2016 9:20 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 15 2016, 8:51 PM 

Can you add an image for the closing tag placed at the end of the post? The forward slash "/" must be the 2nd character preceding "font" and >.

<
/
font
>

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter