Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Happy Good Friday Greetings!

March 25 2016 at 11:11 PM
Donnie   (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 23.127.32.146

I hear that "Good Friday is observed as a day of prayers, penance and fasting to commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on Calvary Hills." Penance is defined as "voluntary self-punishment inflicted as an outward expression of repentance ... a Christian sacrament in which a member of the Church confesses sins to a priest and is given absolution."

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Scripture
(no login)

Re: Happy Good Friday Greetings!

March 26 2016, 12:00 AM 

Didn't Paul somewhere say something like "some elevate one day above another, others treat every day alike.

Let every man be persuaded in his own mind."

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 26 2016, 12:31 AM 

The "Roman" (as well as American) Catholics have excelled in this area. They call it "tradition." Of course, we know that they elevate traditions and reject "Sola Scriptura": at least papal (accordingly: "apostolic") traditions are as important as those traditions by the real apostles found in the New Testament. So, "Christianity" observes so many holidays and festivals: Christmas, Easter, even Halloween.

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Respond to this message   
William Hall
(no login)

Happy Good Friday to you, Scripture

March 26 2016, 2:41 AM 

The first controversy of the Church was over the proper day to celebrate "Easter." I once welcomed folks on Easter Sunday from the pulpit, using the term in its most ordinary sense, and people got up and walked out on me. Not all are persuaded alike.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Happy Good Friday to you, Scripture

March 27 2016, 4:28 PM 

William,

Are you referring to "the Church" here as "The Christian Church" (Christianity or Christendom) in general ... or to "the church of Christ" (Restoration Movement)?

Until a few decades ago, churches of Christ (congregations) were somewhat "careful" about using the term "Easter Sunday" in relation to how the Catholic and Protestant Churches observed the event. Preachers would use the opportunity to deliver sermons about the resurrection without emphasizing the significance of the occasion as a religious festivity that dominated the thinking of the denominational world.

I haven't done much research on what churches of Christ now do or not do to "promote" the denominational concept of this religious observation. The same can be said about the Christmas celebration. Both of which have "pagan" roots.

Respond to this message   
William
(no login)

Not to Restoration Movement

March 30 2016, 1:17 AM 

My readings indicate that somewhere in the second century, that is years 100-199, controversies about the date of Easter began to arise. I grew up hearing "Easter sermons" even if the term was not used. I have never attended a congregation where the largest attendance of the year was not on Easter. Now the word is routinely tossed about in church because the word is routinely tossed about. The young preacher at the congregation I attend now did a pretty good job of pointing out that we give special attention to the death and resurrection every Sunday. Sunday itself is pagan in origin, and there was a time when "Lord's Day" or "first day" was more generally used in Church than now. Hardly anybody understands the eggs and bunny thing, but aren't the little children cute.

I am not so sure that the idea of resurrection Sunday was pagan in origin, I am pretty sure that it was not unlike Christmas and All Hallows Eve, but there is no escaping the pagan overlay. Practically, there need not be any particular criticism of redirecting the pagan energies associated with those festivals to Christian thought. Every conservative Christian I know celebrates birthdays so why not celebrate the one that matters? But clearly, some of the most egregious of pagan custom has been dragged along to the Christian holidays.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Not to Restoration Movement

March 30 2016, 12:15 PM 

Based on some progressive giddy blogs I will betcha that the widows are paying for staff to begin hatching Easter for next year. They will probably post their musical performances so you can see who was being honored--and pay them too.

When Jesus was born everyone seemed to be Purpose Driven to find Him and kill Him. Do the keepers of days let Jesus get a word in edgewise?

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

March 26 2016, 10:27 AM 

"Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" (Rom. 14:5b).

Paul followed that with, "He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it" (Rom. 14:6a).

Paul is saying, To each his own; Live and let live. So, some regard Good Friday and Easter to the Lord and others do not. Fair enough.

Happy egg-hunting! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 30 2016, 12:47 PM 

Bill: Paul followed that with, "He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it" (Rom. 14:6a).

Paul was speaking of the different sects who got their food from the marketplace: the Dionysics went to the pagan temples for MEAT and other vendors for WINE. The Orphics went to the vegetable vendors especially BEANS. If you see a new convert going to the marked on the MEAT day you might think that he is still a dionysic worshiper.

Rom. 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

That means that HE does not get the right to TEACH his views when we assemble of the one-piece pattern "use one mind and one mouth to speak that which is written for our learning" or Scriptures.

Rom. 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify [EDUCATE] another.

YOU get the right to do whatever is right on YOUR time: YOU do not get the right to IMPOSE your superstition on the STRONG in the Word people.

Probably speaking of the group activities:

Gal. 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known OF God,
how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements,
whereunto ye DESIRE again to be in bondage?
Gal. 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
Gal. 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

You are in BONDAGE to the RITUAL PERFORMERS claiming that they deserve pay for OFFERING YOU a spectacle claiming that it is from God. That is the meaning of a Lying wonder by those LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

If they can use the red herring of a hypocritic performance they can DIVERT your attention from the WORD which is the only RESOURCE available for a TRUE assembly.

You are under bondage because THEY convince YOU that YOU should use your child's health care funds so that THEY can be MEDIATORS in song and sermon. This is the pattern they pervert:

Deut. 18:1 The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi,
shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel:
they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire
, and his inheritance.

God did not command burnt offerings: this regulates those ABANDONED to worship the Starry host including Ishtar, Inanna etal as their AGENTS.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

March 26 2016, 11:57 AM 

I've heard Good Friday explained like this:

"I hate the term 'Good Friday.'"

"Why?"

"My Lord was hanged on a tree that day."

"If you were going to be hanged on that day, and He volunteered to take your place, how would you feel?"

"Good."

"Have a nice day!"

Respond to this message   
Dianna Howell
(Login dianna01)

March 26 2016, 3:20 PM 

I know that I couldn't let my son die for my sins. Which, makes the sacrifice of our Lord even more poignant. Whether, this is the day that the event actually occurred, shouldn't we as Christians remember His sacrifice every waking moment?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 27 2016, 1:58 AM 

Good point: "Whether this is the day that the event actually occurred...."

Hmm. "Easter Sunday" is a "festival and holiday celebrated by millions of people around the world who honor the resurrection of Jesus from the dead ... also the day that children excitedly wait for the Easter bunny to arrive and deliver their treats of chocolate eggs."

Oh, we just don't worry about where this movable feast began and what are the origins of the traditions and customs celebrated on this "important day" around the world? Easter was originally a pagan festival ... has pagan roots?

What does the resurrection prove? And why does "Christianity" (as well as paganism) celebrate this "resurrection" once a year?

Or, shouldn't we instead "do this in my memory" of the sacrifice and death of Christ our Savior on the first day of every week?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 27 2016, 6:35 PM 

Easter derives from Ishtar. In Ezekiel the women lamented for Tammuz upon the flute to cause him to RESURRECT and come smell incense and play the Lapis Lazuli flute with them. In early feminist or matriarchal theology she is TRUMPED by Jesus Christ being declared as the SON of the FATHER. She (Eve, Inanna, Zoe etal) is the Mother of Harlots in Revelation 17 and she uses singers and musicians to TRUMP the Living and written word. John in Rev 18 called them SORCERERS who had deceived the whole world. All of the MUSICAL examples is an invitation for God to shut up and sit down. Ezekiel will also speak of the women prophesiers (musicians) who steal words to steal souls.

Ezek 8:13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lords house which was toward the north;
and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz. Ezek 8:14

plaudo drum your breasts, wailig, to clap, strike, beat to clap, strike, 1. To clap the hands in token of approbation, to applaud,

Ezek 8:15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man?
turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
Ezek 8:16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lords house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men,
with their backs toward the temple of the Lord,
and their faces toward the east;
and they worshipped the SUN toward the east.

This is very similar to Rubel Shelly's four Asherah Poles which were used at Jubilee and spread to other churches. They are really Phallic symbols even when devoted to the goddessess (only goddesses were worshiped with music). Don't be surprised, God abandoned Israel to Sun or Astrial deity worship BECAUSE of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai.
Sun Pillars In Jerusalem

[linked image]

Deut. 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
Deut. 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Observer of times:
H6049 ‛ânan aw-nan' A primitive root; to cover; used only as denominative from H6051 , to cloud over; figuratively to act covertly, that is, practise magic, enchanter, Meonemin, observe (-r of) times, soothsayer, sorcerer.

David had these on his staff because he was abandoned to worship the starry host. "We even have a mention at a later date of a similar custom in connection with the cult in Jerusalem, where certain Levites, called me'oreim, 'AROUSERS,' sang (every morning?) this verse from "Ps 44:23: "Awake, O Lord! Why do you sleep? Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever." The Talmud tells us that John Hyrcanus suppressed the practice because it recalled too readily a pagan custom." (Roland de Vaux, p. 247).

Deut. 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer

H5175 nâchâsh naw-khawsh' From H5172 ; a snake (from its hiss):--serpent.

A Charmer is an Abomination
incantātor , ōris, m. incanto, I. an enchanter, wizard (post-class.), Tert. Idol. 9; Isid. 8, 9, 15; Mos. et Rom. Leg. Coll. 15, 1, 2.

Cantus A. Prophetic or oracular song: “veridicos Parcae coeperunt edere cantus,” Cat. 64, 306; cf. Tib. 1, 8, 4.—
B. An incantation, charm, magic song, etc.: cantusque artesque magorum.
“cantus e curru Lunam deducere tentat,”
2. With instruments, a playing, music: “in nervorum vocumque cantibus,” Cic. Tusc. 1, 2, 4; id. Rosc. Am. 46, 134: “citharae,” Hor. C. 3, 1, 20: “horribili stridebat tibia cantu,” Cat. 64, 264: “querulae tibiae,”

Those who engage in Vision Casting with their new SPECTACLES (Shelly) and all repeat the 20/20 Vision from Purpose Driven and Kairos Church Planting Plot. Rejoice, his-their time KAIROS is very short.

hărĭŏlus soothsayer, prophet, prophetess
somnĭo , to dream; to dream of or see in a dream, to dream, i. e. to think idly or vainly, to talk foolishly:
psaltrĭa , ae, f., = psaltria, . a female player on the cithara, a lutist, “ineptias,” Col. 1, 8, 2: “ah stulte! tu de Psaltriā me somnias Agere,” Ter. Ad. 4, 7, 6; Plaut. Pers. 2, 3, 5.—Absol.: “vigilans somniat
“portenta non disserentium philosophorum sed somniantium,” Cic. N. D. 1, 8, 18.

Deut. 18:12 For ALL that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

The REAL task of the Jacob-Cursed and God-abandoned levites (your worship tribe) is to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter and EXECUTE any musical abominator who is TASKED or DEDICATED (Anathema) to adorn the word of the Chief denier of the LOGOS or the REGULATIVE PRINCIPLE. It is time to get out unless you want to watch the "towers."

So the PROGRESSIVES love to tell you that A SPIRIT TOLD THEM TO BE AN ABOMINATION IN THEIR "HOLY" PLACE. Never doubt that A spirit guided them: his/her name is Strong Delusions.

Jesus was sent for a LITTLE FLOCK and lambs do not dance with the goats unless one loves a Judas Goat or Cappella.

God sent men to MARK those mourn for what is going on around the abandoned "worship center"and slay those who did not PROTEST. God sent men to write this as a PATTERN.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

March 30 2016, 6:30 PM 

We are to remember Jesus' sacrifice always, but as Paul tells us, there's nothing wrong with giving regard to certain days if they honor the Lord. And if we don't feel compelled to regard certain days to the Lord (other than the first day of the week), then what of it? As Paul also said, we have to be persuaded in our own minds about it.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 28 2016, 9:35 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
NCP
(no login)

I Believe In The Name Of JESUS !

March 30 2016, 2:58 PM 

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: I Believe In The Name Of JESUS !

March 30 2016, 3:53 PM 

Sounds, as usual, testesterone-challenged, Biblically illiterate and near to burning by selling something at retail: that is the unholy trinity.

The ACappella--a steal word from "a cappella" is a SIGN because the Praise Team the Pope imported from French Opra were

Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution?then is the offence [skandalon 1 trap or snare for the enemies of the cross ceased].

Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

[linked image]

After the Catholics stop castrating their "worship teams" they had to return to the FALSETTOS (Levites) and wrote "trouser songs."

"How can we hear their music today, since we have no more castratos to listen to? Well, during the current renaissance in Baroque music, some castrato roles have been carefully recreated by counter-tenors also known as male altos or sopranos. Other musicial parts are sung by women who use a natural alto or soprano range,

but adopt a style which attempts to make the music sound appropriately 'masculine', at least for male roles. There is much debate as to which is better--but keeping in mind the fact that most early composers wrote 'trouser' roles for women to sing, and that castratos frequently presented women's roles, especially in their youth, it would seem that gender stretching is an original part of this music, and perhaps one reason for its continuing dramatic impact."

Of the king/queen of Tyre as a type of Lucifer: "Take an harp, go about the city, thou harlot that hast been forgotten; make sweet melody, sing many songs, that thou mayest be remembered." Isa 23:16

When elders expose themselves as WOLVES they are outing the APOLLON-ABADDON end-time separating of lambs from goats.

However, that does not prevent up to half of the old OWNERS from fleeing Babylon without fully understanding the unnatural assault upon their created nature.

1 Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil,
as a roaring lion,
walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

How can those who HAVE NOT appointed THEMSELVES to wrath can be IDENTIFIED.

g 5612 Oryomai 1) to roar, to howl (of a lion, wolf, dog, and other beasts)
a) of men, to raise a loud and inarticulate cry: either of grief, or of joy
2) to sing with a loud voice PINDAR OLYMPIAN 9

Lukos VI. nickname of paiderastai, AP12.250 (Strat.), cf. Pl.Phdr. 241d.

Paiderast-ês A. lover of boys, mostly in bad sense. The plucking proof text for PSALLO all related to these wolves plucking for the Mother Goddess.

Plato, Phaedrus: [241d] “Just as the wolf loves the lamb, so the lover adores his beloved.” There it is, Phaedrus! Do not listen to me any longer; let my speech end here

Aoid-ê eppsdê, spell, incantation

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Mar 30, 2016 4:30 PM

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Re: I Believe In The Name Of JESUS !

March 31 2016, 9:35 AM 

As worshipful as the youtube watch is, I would like you to find one teaching in it about how to live a moral life.

Other than what the singers think is creedal orthodoxy, where is any teaching about how to live?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Absolute Pattern

March 30 2016, 4:15 PM 

I have been reading some of the Hope Network of Lynn Anderson used by Jimmy Adcox aiding Northwest in restoring the DISCIPLING DILEMA which takes people captive. Jesus MARKED them by giving them no role and no dole. That means as Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites (speakers, singers, instrument players) use machines and vocal bands along with "keep their eyes off Jesus" programs because they are Purpose Driven and foreordained. SPEAK and READ are the only active verbs attached to the LOGOS or Regulative Principle because no human pretender can further expound or "private interpret" or Corrupt the Word by selling his learning at Retail. That word also defines prostitutes or anyone selling any body part in the name of Christ.

The Discipling and Progressives define those who follow the Biblical PATTERN as the weak brothers. The WEAK USE the "don't offend me"as an evil weapon and WE have to stop them from destroying the church. However, God will never let them read black letters on white paper.

HERE IS THE ABSOLUTE PATTERN WHICH THE SORCERERS OR WITCHES USED:

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Re: The Absolute Pattern

March 31 2016, 11:23 AM 

The outcome of converting all hymns to "worship" rather than "teaching" hymns as had left a dreadful heritage of falling attendance, atheism, and general apathy toward church worship.

First, it is absolutely boring in that the same themes of praise are repeatedly pronounced with little substance. It is agreed that those assembly do honor Christ and God, but once a song or two is sung, why repeat it for the next 10 songs? Why not go on to something morally substantive?

Making hymns primarily worship hymns leads one to conclude the basic "amorality" of the entire worship. This is like concentrating on the first four of the 10 commandments, while ignoring the moral value of the remaining six. (I realize that the 9 of the 10 commandments, are repeated in the gospels and epistles, while the Sabbath Day is relegated to the rest in the new covenant, as discussed in the epistle of Hebrews.

This moral ineptitude in our worship services drives people from the church, because a lot of people are looking to HOW THEY ARE LIVE THEIR LIVES. What are the moral rules? What does Christianity have to offer the society in terms of rightful treatment of others? Check the last six of the 10 commandments.

The falling popularity of traditional hymns is highly correlated with falling church attendance.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter