Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Bill
(no login)

Re: Jesus Christ Has a God and a Father

May 7 2016, 10:17 PM 

So you've previously baptized people in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. That's good. So why has your attitude changed that we should baptize ONLY in the name of Jesus and downplay or abandon baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

Both ways are acceptable according to the Scriptures; however, you've left the impression that baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit should no longer be practiced.

So which is it?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 7 2016, 11:49 PM 

My attitude has not changed -- you've created your own impression.

I've never said "ONLY" -- you added that word yourself for whatever reason.

No, Matt. 28:19 is no proof of: (1) God the Father, (2) God the Son, (3) God the Holy Spirit.

Instead, it should be understood that God gave His Son Jesus ALL AUTHORITY or POWER in heaven and on earth. The preceding verse (v. 18) states that clearly.

"In the name of" in either Matt. 28:19 or those passages in Acts is certainly ONE name -- not three (3) names as you indicated earlier.

What's significant in the "Great Commission" is that we are commanded to go and make disciples (which involves teaching-learning and converting)... then teaching them some more.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 8 2016, 12:23 AM 

Good. Then you agree that baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is indeed Scriptural as Jesus commanded (why wouldn't it be?), just as baptism in the name of Jesus is Scriptural.

So in essence your arguments "emphasizing" baptism in the name of Jesus over baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit merely indicate your preference, just as I prefer baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spriit, because that seems more "complete." However, both baptisms are equally valid.

I'm glad we got that cleared up. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 8 2016, 2:12 AM 

I have said that all along. You just haven't paid attention to the discussion about "in the name of" [singular] -- which all the scriptures quoted declare -- versus the "names" of the "three" in your attempt to prove the three-Gods-in-one concept.

No, it is NOT a matter of preference on my part. The context is in Matt. 28:18 -- "ALL AUTHORITY [or POWER]" is/has been given to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, by the only true God his Father. On that basis, it follows that in the subsequent verse (28:19), baptizing in the NAME OF the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the same as baptizing in the NAME OF (or "by the authority of") the Lord Jesus Christ. Again, God gave Jesus Christ that "ALL AUTHORITY." To suggest that "in the name of Jesus Christ" is LESS complete is really your own idea. Simply because the Trinity creed still dominates your thinking.

"In the name of Jesus Christ" is complete. I don't think we can go wrong with baptism by the authority of Jesus Christ. When God gave Jesus "ALL AUTHORITY," it wasn't 93.9% (B+). Also remember the "ALL AUTHORITY (POWER) given to the Son by WHOM -- God his Father!

It's cleared up only if you stop putting words in my mouth. (If something I say is unclear, please don't hesitate to ask me for clarification. Be kind: answer my questions.)

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Don't get BURNED in the Morning: Come Praise God!

May 5 2016, 3:41 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 7 2016, 9:55 PM 

Sorry, folks, but this thread is not about music. sad.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 7 2016, 10:02 PM 

Sorry about that.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 7 2016, 10:20 PM 

It dosn't really matter what the thread topic is. Ken inserts comments about music in just about every message he posts.

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

May 8 2016, 10:55 AM 

Donnie, I request Methlogy also not be not be discussed in this thread. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 8 2016, 6:42 PM 

Let Ken [ . . . ] happy.gif

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 23.127.32.146 on May 8, 2016 8:38 PM

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 8 2016, 8:50 PM 

Donnie, if you're going to delete parts of my posts, then I'm not going to answer your endless questions.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 8 2016, 11:53 PM 

Bill, you were the first one to respond to Ken. Wasn't it enough?

Question(s): If you decide, how many of the endless questions ... and when ... are you going to answer? Do you recall that post in its entirety; do you want to re-post it? Or, do you want me to restore it?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 8 2016, 6:58 PM 

I can post facts about the Abominations standing in your holy place 24/7 and no abominator can find a command, example or remote inference to support them and they pretend to be DUMB and BLIND. Jude says they are predestined because they are OLD SPIRITS being collected for the Creation by Jesus RESERVED FOR FIRE

They are the same people who unable to confess that Jesus is the SON of God even when I can post proofs all day. Timothy wants men and women to sit down and be silent because

1Tim. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Tim. 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, [SAFE]
and to come unto the knowledge of THE TRUTH or Logos, Regulative principle.

Eliminating BOTH MALE AND FEMALE as opinion speakers:

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE GOD,
and one mediator between God and men,
THE MAN CHRIST JESUS.

The VEIL is still unzipped and people will say a thousand times:

It does NOT say that Jesus is NOT also GOD and the SON is His FATHER.

And with ALL doctrine:

Paul commanded that we SPEAK that which is written for our LEARNING
Speak is the opposite of ODE..

But, the blind and deaf will say that commands that we

Sing or ODE that which is NOT written.

So, each REPEAT is a coal of fire for those who CANNOT be found agreeing with SIMPLE TEXT.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Making "the man Christ Jesus" God

May 20 2016, 3:13 AM 

There are those in Christendom who have real difficulty in accepting the truth in I Timothy 2:5. The text is explicit:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

"The man Christ Jesus" is very specific.

"The God-and-man Christ Jesus" is also very specific. Unfortunately, that's unequivocally NOT what the passage says. And I have the full confidence in Paul by not stating it in a speculative manner. If Paul were living today, I would ask him: "Paul, did you intentionally omit 'the God Christ Jesus' in proclaiming the truth about THE MEDIATOR between God and men?"

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

They are Bline Because They Choose Not to See

May 20 2016, 8:58 AM 

So Thomas, did you make a mistake when you said "My Lord and my God!",??????

Donnie, Thomas was confused wasn't he?
Donnie, "my God" shoud be changed to a "god" being lower case, right?

You people.....

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: They are Bline Because They Choose Not to See

May 20 2016, 12:31 PM 

Wasn't Thomas a doubter?

My cat thinks that she is a goddess and I don't intend to challenge her.

One of my "investment Managers for the Lord" claims that he is the authoritative teacher or Jesus but he doesn't seem to have the ability to tell the truth.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

She (your cat) is a goddess

May 20 2016, 5:43 PM 

Thomas was a doubter; your cat is not.

I like your illustrations: you cannot challenge what your cat thinks.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

They are Blind Because They Choose Not to See

May 20 2016, 12:53 PM 

Yes, Jesus is Lord AND God. Thomas wasn't stupid, even if he initially doubted. He saw the "light" (actually Jesus' wounds) and believed that Jesus was Lord AND God. No doubt Donnie would say that Thomas's words of "my Lord and my God" were "mistranslated." Donnie claims that the KJV is his favorite translation, but when he disagrees with some passages, he reasons they have been "mistranslated." So, that's why Curly suggested that Donnie, Ken, and Dianna go "Bible-shopping." happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: They are Blind Because They Choose Not to See

May 20 2016, 6:30 PM 

Bill,

Don't limit yourself to just one definition of the word "Lord" or "LORD."

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Addressing someone as 'Lord'

May 20 2016, 6:58 PM 

Bill, are you familiar with how certain members of the "House of Lords" are addressed, as in the beginning of a letter or email? Here are examples:

-- Lord Speaker: Dear Lord Speaker
-- Baron (Lord): Dear Lord ____________
-- Earl: Dear Lord ____________
-- Marquess: Dear Lord _____________
-- Viscount: Dear Lord ____________
-- Bishops: Dear Lord Bishop

What about only from the standpoint of "respect" or "authority"? Or, do we instantly or instinctively associate "Lord" with God?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 6 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter