Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Mark'em

August 18 2016, 8:44 PM 

Job 1:18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said,
.....Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine
.....in their eldest brother’s house:
Job 1:19 And, behold, there came a great WIND from the wilderness,
.....and smote the four corners of the house,
.....and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead;
.....and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Ezek. 13:10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace;
.....and there was no peace; and one built up a wall,
.....and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:
Ezek. 13:11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter,
.....that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones,
.....shall fall; and a stormy WIND shall rend it.
Ezek. 13:12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you,
.....Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?
Ezek. 13:13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD;
.....I will even rend it with a stormy WIND in my fury;
.....and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger,
.....and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.
Ezek. 13:14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter,
.....and bring it down to the ground,
.....so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered,
.....and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof:
.....and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Lo, their good is not in their hand:
.....the counsel of the wicked is far from me. Job 21:16
How oft is the candle of the wicked put out
.....and how oft cometh their destruction upon them!
.....God distributeth sorrows in his anger. Job 21:17
They are as stubble before the wind,
baptism of the spirit
.....and as chaff that the storm carrieth away. Job 21:18

People who want to be Baptized with the Holy Spirit will be WINNOWED by a Holy Wind and as CHAFF they will be piled up and burned.

Respond to this message   
Drip
(no login)

Mark'em

August 18 2016, 8:50 PM 

Ken, sorry but you are marked! Please let Donnie have his say. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Drip
(no login)

Mark'em

August 18 2016, 8:53 PM 

Please stay focused.

"Donnie and Ken are Change Agents in the Church of Christ. They believe congregational singing is a sin.

Donnie and Ken would like to cover and hide this fact."

Donnie, do you believe congregational singing in the Church of Christ is a sin?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 18 2016, 10:02 PM 

"Donnie and Ken are Change Agents in the Church of Christ. They believe congregational singing is a sin.

Because there is no hint of group singing with or without instruments throughout the Bible and until John Calvin gave his approval for RECOMPOSED Psalms (only) set to a simple meter to be sung in UNISON (only) I really never gave it much attention until I found it "driving me out of my synagogue" as it does to the massive majority who do not wish to spend their food money to engage in singing songs which are Purpose Driven to silence the voice of the Victim: music was called SACRED VIOLENCE, Jesus called it a laded burden or "spiritual anxiety" and Paul called it self-pleasure or creating Mental Excitement which was outlawed before the command to "use one mind and one mouth" to speak "that which is written for our learning. So getting my approval--which sounds desperate--would still never let you SING that which is written for our learning as commanded, exampled and inferred for anyone who can DEFINE "A Disciple of Christ." AND practiced from the wilderness until 1542:

The original Strasbourg psalter contained twelve psalms by Clément Marot and Calvin added several more hymns of his own composition in the Geneva version... and for more than two hundred years there was not a single musical instrument allowed in the city of Geneva.

The Church of Christ (the Rock) was defined inclusively and exclusively in the wilderness:
It was EXCLUSIVE of Vocal or Instrumental Rejoicing or Rhetoric.
It was INCLUSIVE of Rest, Reading and Rehearsing the Word.

Exodus 18 defined non-mercinary leaders over groups as small as ten families: that was always the rule for a synagogue.

http://www.piney.com/Exodus.18.Synagogue.Church.of.Christ.html

[linked image]

That was NEVER changed and CANNOT be changed for the Little Flock of godly DISCIPLES. The Lord's Supper PREACHES the Death of Jesus which SILENCES any self-authoring by either men or women.

God is still God and we are not and Jesus as HOLY SPIRIT is Head of the Body and the ONLY Teacher for those who come OUTSIDE of the collective to "Rest and learn OF me."

That CANNOT be prevented or changed by elders who are not APT "to TEACH that which Has Been Taught." No one can possibly misunderstand that ONE-PIECE PATTERN.

Those who boast about CHANGING the Church of Christ by definition can never have access to The Church OF Christ: they are strongly deluded and lying wonders are those Jesus defined as hypocrites: hireling speakers, singers or instrument players. If they are DELUSIONAL as C. Leonard Allen charges God with being ECSTATIC, the not to worry: Jesus is not there and His kingdom does not come with Religious Observation. It is invisible and within as the ONLY place worship can TAKE PLACE.

Aristotle: Melody Deceives: "Poets also make use of this in inventing words, as a melody "without strings" or "without the lyre"; for they employ epithets from negations, a course which is approved in proportional metaphors..

The form of diction should be neither metrical nor without rhythm.
If it is metrical, it lacks persuasiveness, for it appears artificial, and at the same time it distracts the hearer's attention, since it sets him on the watch for the recurrence of such and such a cadence..

According to Philo, the gods of the pagans exploit this weakness of men. For the sake of a better effect, and with the intention of more easily cheating their devotes, that they have set their lies to melodies, rhythms and meters.

"Philodemos considered it paradoxical that music should be regarded as veneration of the gods while musicians were paid for performing this so-called veneration. Again, Philodemus held as self-deceptive the view that music mediated religious ecstasy. He saw the entire condition induced by the noise of cymbals and tambourines as a disturbance of the spirit. (Paul called it mad or insane) He found it significant that, on the whole, only women and effeminate men fell into this folly ."

Donnie can post any time he wishes: Ken thinks that if you cannot grasp the words WORD and SPEAK you are free to do whatever turns you on.

Respond to this message   
Drip
(no login)

Mark'em

August 19 2016, 5:15 AM 

Please stay focused.

Donnie and Ken would like to cover and hide this fact."

Donnie, do you believe congregational singing in the Church of Christ is a sin?

Respond to this message   
Drip...
(no login)

Mark'em

August 19 2016, 3:00 PM 

For Ken and Donnie!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 19 2016, 11:02 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Drip
(no login)

Mark'em

August 19 2016, 11:32 AM 

[linked image]

Donnie, is quite as a mouse. Perhaps someday he will get a pair. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 19 2016, 9:15 PM 

I smell a rat when the SCHOLARS debunking the Word, Logos or regulative principle see the word MELODY and say that Melody means ever-increasing complexity and volume of HARMONY.

They even HIRE a HAND to enhance the HARMONY to better enhance the PERFORMANCE so people will ADMIRE us and our Supreme Leader.

[linked image] sumphon-eo or BIBLICAL HARMONY means making the SAME sounds or agreeing together: hold or express the same opinions. OR: sumphon-eo. for a denarius,

Modern church harmony-masked-as-melody is anything BUT "harmonious."

I hope you charge more than a denarius!!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 19 2016, 1:31 PM 

Everyone says that God COMMANDED the act of SINGING which is pretty hard WORK as an ACT of worship. If you do not then you are guilty of sin.

They say that melody IN the heart really means Musical Melody at the same time you are SPEAKING and TEACHING.

But, they CHANGE "their" word and say that God commanded COMPLEX HARMONY at the same time you are speaking for education.

But, sing and speak are different words and the "melody" does not command "harmony"

Singing, the act of producing musical sounds with the voice: to use your voice to make musical sounds in the form of a song or tune

Speech, the vocal form of human communication
to say words in order to express your thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc., to someone : to talk to someone

A MELODY (from Greek, melōidía, "singing, chanting"), also tune, voice, or line, is a inear succession of musical tones that the listener perceives as a single entity. In its most literal sense, a melody is a combination of pitch and rhythm,

HOWEVER,

In music, HARMONY is the use of simultaneous pitches (tones, notes), or chords.[1] The study of harmony involves chords and their construction and chord progressions and the principles of connection that govern them.[2] Harmony is often said to refer to the "vertical" aspect of music, as distinguished from melodic line, or the "horizontal" aspect

Whatever the wrangling the Purpose Driven Church or the Progressive Church wants to be HIRED out of the widow's purse to MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST AFFIRMING THE PROPHETS BY THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST NEVER GET A CHANCE TO SPEAK. That has the same meaning as Killing the Prophets who always repudiated the Levites as the PATTERN for "worship teams." Apollon-Abaddon is one of the Starry Host worshipped by the PATTERNISTS.

Respond to this message   
Drip, Drip
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 19 2016, 9:55 PM 

Moved from our new member's thread:

Bible Question:

Where in the Bible does God sing?

Bible Answer:

The passage you are looking for is found in the Old Testament in Zephaniah 3:17.

The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” (NKJV)

The Hebrew word for “singing” actually means “a ringing cry” with a sense of joy. What a great verse! God sings. Since He is perfect in every way, I will look forward to hearing the beauty of His voice. The Bible tells us that He gave all of His creatures the ability to sing. Job says the angels, who are also called “stars” in Job, can sing.

To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy? (NKJV) Job 38:6-7

The book of Revelation says that some day in the future the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders who live around the throne will sing this song before God.

Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth.” (NKJV) Rev. 5:8-10

Those who survive the future tribulation period will sing for joy over God’s victory.

And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.” (NKJV) Rev. 15:2-4

It is interesting that Satan and his demons, fallen angels, are never said to sing. That is the effect of sin. Sin takes away our joy and leaves no desire to sing.

Conclusion:

We sing, the angels sing, and God sings. God loves singing. Did you notice that the songs recorded in Revelation 5:8-10 and Rev. 15:2-4 are all songs of adoration to God. They are directed to God and not to ourselves. When we sing our words, thoughts and emotions should be directed to Him. Praise to Him!

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 99.196.159.63 on Aug 19, 2016 10:00 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 19 2016, 10:19 PM 

Fine, but not when JESUS visits us each REST day so we can LEARN OF HIM. Furthermore, many sources note that "melody as tunefulness belongs to the 19th century."

https://www.britannica.com/art/melody

Melody, in music, the aesthetic product of a given succession of pitches in musical time, implying rhythmically ordered movement from pitch to pitch. Melody in Western music by the late 19th century was considered to be the surface of a group of harmonies. The top tone of a chord became a melody tone; chords were chosen for their colour and sense of direction relative to each other and were spaced so that a desired succession of tones lay on top. Any melody, then, had underlying chords that could be deduced. Thus, a good guitarist, analyzing mentally, can apply chords to a melody.

But melody is far older than harmony. The single line of melody was highly developed—e.g., in medieval European and Byzantine plainchant, in the melodies of the trouvères and troubadours,

A cappella or ORGANUM performed in the PLACE of the Sistine Chapel (caper, capella, GOAT skin shrine) began with several members of the castrated Opera singers singing that shrill sound beginning with singing the SAME note.

Christian hymnody derives from the singing of psalms in the Hebrew Temple. The earliest fully preserved text (c. ad 200 or earlier) is the Greek “Phos hilarion” (“Go, Gladsome Light,” translated by the 19th-century American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow). Hymnody developed systematically, however, only after the emperor Constantine legalized Christianity (ad 313), and it flourished earliest in Syria, where the practice was possibly taken over from the singing by Gnostics and Manichaeans of hymns imitating the psalms. The Byzantine church adopted the practice, and in its liturgy hymns maintained a much more prominent place than in the Latin liturgy. Byzantine hymnody developed complex types such as the kanōn and kontakion (see also Byzantine chant). St. Ephraem—a 4th-century Mesopotamian deacon, poet, and hymnist—has been called the “father of Christian hymnody.”

Doesn't history say that God didn't invent hymody?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 19 2016, 11:00 PM 

It is interesting that Satan and his demons, fallen angels, are never said to sing. That is the effect of sin. Sin takes away our joy and leaves no desire to sing.

Apollon or Abaddon is the only personified SPIRIT and the LEADER of his and your musical worship team. Strange that artist knew so much more than theoloians. He really played the turtle harp which Hermes or Kairos made for him just out of his cradle as the JUBAL character in the Greek version.

[linked image]

Acts 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

-[1.1.4] The Athenians have also another harbor, at Munychia, with a temple of Artemis of Munychia, and yet another at Phalerum, as I have already stated, and near it is a sanctuary of Demeter. Here there is also a temple of Athena Sciras, and one of Zeus some distance away, and altars of the gods named Unknown

Pausanias Greece Paus. 1.2 But in my time it was devoted to the worship of Dionysus. This Dionysus they call Melpomenus Apollo [Abaddon, Apollyon] Musegetes (Leader of the Muses).

Mousagetēs 1 doric for Mousēgetēs leader of the Muses, Lat. Musagetes, of Apollo, Plat1 Mous-a_getēs, ou, ho

melpō , Il.1.474, celebrate with song and dance, melpontes hekaergon Il.l.c.; Phoibon [Apollo] sing to the lyre or harp, “meta de sphin emelpeto theios aoidos, phormizōn” [Apollo's Lyre] Melpomenos, epith. of Dionysus at Athens,

Thus through the livelong day to the going down of the sun they feasted, and every one had his full share, so that all were satisfied.

Apollo struck his lyre, and the Muses lifted up their sweet voices, calling and answering one another.

Surely the pestilence that descends upon the Delphians after Aesop's death is ordained by Apollo himself, and it is his Oracle that commands the Delphians to propitiate Aesop by worshiping him as a cult hero (Pap.Oxy. 1800, Vitae G+W 142; cf. Aristotle Constitution of the Delphians fr. 487). This beneficent aspect of Apollo helps account for the final gesture of Aesop, when he calls upon Apollo as "leader of the Muses" to be witness of his unjust execution by the Delphians

The BEAST or Therion: A New Style of Music or Satyric (Cappella) Drama:

In fact, I am now in a position to offer an overall interpretation of the epithet Mousaôn therapôn ' therapôn of the Muses' (Hesiod Th. 100,

therap-ōn worshipper, “Apollōnos” devoted to the service of its guests, Pi.O.13.3; lōtos . . Mousan

Respond to this message   
Drip...Drip
(no login)
2602:304:44ab:ada0:cfa:19ef:dc71:75e9

Hard Heads

August 20 2016, 9:38 AM 

We should sing to encourage one another

“Be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs” (Eph. 5:18-19).

Paul is not urging us to receive a one-off experience when he instructs us to “be filled with the Spirit”. The verb he uses is in the present continuous. A better translation is: “keep on being filled with the Spirit”. He follows that command with a string of participles, which are lost in our English translations, which spell out what it means in practice.

The original reads like this: “Keep on being filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs; singing and making music in your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ” (vv.18-21). It is striking that three of those five participles are to do with singing. Spirit-filled Christians sing.

Speak’ does not mean that we are only to read the words; it includes singing. We tend to assume that our songs are addressed only to God, but Paul tells us that we are also to sing to ‘one another’. We saw in the previous chapter that Christians in the New Testament met together primarily to encourage one another, and we are to do that even as we sing.

In Colossians Paul writes: “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in you hearts to God” (Col. 3:16). Our singing should be one form of our ministry of God’s word to each other. We all need to be built up in our faith. That happens through sermons, Bible studies, conversations and also as we sing. Our songs should be one of the ways by which we are taught the truths of the Bible.

So, when we sing, we are not simply a collection of individuals praising our God; we are a community addressing one another. There are many examples of that in the Psalms. Psalm 95, for example, is not so much a song of praise to God as an exhortation to his people: “Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation (v.1). It then strengthens that appeal by reminding us of reasons why he is worthy of our praise: “For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him” (vv.3-4).

The rehearsal of great truths about God simultaneously brings praise to him and encouragement to us. Most songs therefore have two audiences: heavenly and earthly. We should keep both the vertical and horizontal dimensions in mind as we choose songs and as we sing them.

Vaughan Roberts

Respond to this message   
Drip...Drip
(no login)

Hard Heads

August 20 2016, 9:55 AM 

"Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him."
Psalm 95:2 (NLT)

"Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving."
Psalm 69:30 (NLT)

"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."
Psalm 28:7 (NLT)

"Let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving and sing joyfully about his glorious acts."
Psalm 107:22 (NLT)

"All creatures in heaven, on earth, under the earth, and on the sea, and all that is in them, were singing. I heard them say, "May praise and honor for ever and ever be given to the One who sits on the throne and to the Lamb!
Give them glory and power for ever and ever!""
Revelations 5:13 (NIRV)

"Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; talk of all His wondrous works!"
1 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day."
1 Chronicles 16:23 (NKJV)

"To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
Psalm 30:12 (NKJV)

"It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;"
Psalm 92:1 (NKJV)

"Serve the LORD with gladness; come before His presence with singing."
Psalm 100:2 (NKJV)

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Hard Heads

August 20 2016, 11:10 AM 

"Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
TALK of all His wondrous works!"
1 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
BUT, for we humans.
PROCLAIM the good news of His salvation from day to day."
1 Chronicles 16:23 (NKJV)

But. the sabbath or REST day we attended SCHOOL OF THE WORD. Holy Convocations were held on the FIRST DAY of yearly festivals and again on the EIGHTH day completing the First Day for Rest, Reading and Rehearsing the Word.

[linked image]

Is. 1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
Is. 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
Is. 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
Is. 1:12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
Is. 1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
Is. 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
Is. 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
Is. 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
Is. 1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
Is. 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Is. 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
Is. 1:20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Is. 1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 20 2016, 10:40 AM 

And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.” (NKJV) Rev. 15:2-4

The ''harps of God" produce the fruit of the lips and God supplies the flute.

Rev. 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Rev. 15:2 And I saw AS IT WERE a sea of glass mingled with FIRE:
and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image,
and over his mark, and over the number of his name,
stand on the sea of glass,
HAVING the harps of God.

The word having means HOLDING as in "HOLD the onions." The word also means to APPREHEND the Word of God:

Noting that no Levitical musician could ever enter into the Holy Place (typical of the church) but were outside where they slaughtered tens of thousands of types of Jesus Christ, Jamison-Fausett-Brown notes that:

"In the Jewish temple, musical instruments and singing resounded during the whole time of the offering of the sacrifices, which formed the first part of the service. [Which Christ in the Prophets says WERE NOT COMMANDED when they came out of Egypt: the burnt offerings used as AUTHORITY by Rick Atchley (etal). The Levitical Warrior's part of the SOUND was only during the burning of the GOATS (capella) as a UNITY effort to Israel who laughed]

But at the offering of incense, solemn silence was kept ("My soul waiteth upon God," Ps 62:1; "is silent," Margin; Ps 65:1, Margin),

Duwmiyyah (h1747) doo-me-yaw'; from 1819; stillness; adv. silently; abstr. quiet, trust: - silence, silent, waiteth.

the people praying secretly all the time. The half-hour stillness implies, too, the earnest adoring expectation with which the blessed spirits and the angels await the succeeding unfolding of God's judgments. A short space is implied; for even an hour is so used (Re 17:12 18:10,19).

Hab. 2:19 Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, [David's Lyre]
It shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.
Hab. 2:20 But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep SILENCE before him.

No singer, player (or rhetorician for that matter) could enter into the holy place as an earthly type of the Body or Church of Christ without being executed. The offering of the fruit of the lips at the incense altar would EXCLUDE both literal incense or literal harps. The PATTERNISM is that doing so would get you executed by your "brethren" or as in Revelation 17-18 proof that the CANDLES had already been removed.

Rev. 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb,
SAYING, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

In all of the references we have posted when you sing a song you SPEAK or Cantillate and do not perform "rock and role".

Moses SPOKE the "song of Moses" so that the people could learn it and pass it on to all generations. When you SPEAK the words of a Deity you are said to sing but this could not have been "tuneful." Earlier:

"In the first place, it will be noticed from the account of the triumphant rejoicing on the shore of the Red Sea that the men sang only: 'Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord, and spake saying.'" (Girardeau, George, p. 33)

"In the second place, it was Miriam and the women who used instruments of music on the occasion: 'And Miriam, the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went after her with timbrels and with dances." (Girardeau, p. 33).

Point One: Moses SPAKE or RECITED his song so the elders could LEARN it and repeat it later. It was Miriam who caused the women to break out or escape with the sistrum her badge of being a Prophetess of Hathor--the man killer.

Point Two: Sing: G103 adō ad'-o A primary verb; to sing:—sing.

Point Three: Song: G5603 ōdē o-day' From G103 ; a CHANT or “ode” (the general term for any words sung; and G5568 still more specifically a Hebrew cantillation:—song.

Point Four: SAYING: G3004 legō leg'-o A primary verb; properly to “lay” forth, that is, (figuratively) relate (in words [usually of systematic or set discourse; .... by implication to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say (-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, UTTER.

[linked image]

logik-, ( [logos] )A. of or for speaking or speech, mere l. the ORGANS of SPEECH, Plu.Cor.38: logike, speech, opposite to mousike

WHICH IS IDENTICAL TO:

Eph 5:19a SPEAKING to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual SONGS,

NONE of the Biblical text where "song" or poetic or parallel language is common is metrical cannot be use "tuneful melody" by DESIGN of God.

logik-os , ê, on, ( [logos] )

A. of or for speaking or speech, merê l. the organs of speech, Plu.Cor.38: logikê, hê, speech, [color=yellow]OPPOSITE to mousikê,

On the other hand "singing" without clearly identifying it as EXTERNAL SPEAKING as in "SPEAK one to another" is the LADED BURDEN Jesus died to lift off us. This would be more like the falsetto style more related to screaming than to rational speech. Poets or song writers were FORBIDDEN to touch true history:

Epôidos , on, epaidô
A. singing to or over, using songs or charms to heal wounds, epôidoi muthoi Pl.Lg.903b .
b. Subst., enchanter, e. kai goês E.Hipp. 1038 (but goês e. Ba.234): c. gen., a charm for or against,
c. c. dat., assisting, profitable,
2. Pass., sung to music, phônai Plu.2.622d ; fit for singing, poiêtikên e. parechein S.E.M.6.16 .

2. epôidos, ho, verse or passage returning at intervals, in Alcaics and Sapphics [Lesbian type], D.H.Comp.19 ; chorus, BURDEN,

A burden in Hebrew is also a type of song which meant that God was sounding your doom.

Only MUTHOI was written by the poets and song writers. In our day, the singing is almost NEVER as "speaking the oracles of God" but out of human imagination.

The SOUNDSLIKE HARPS heard in heaven or FROM AROUND US are always the PRELUDE to judgment as in Revelation 14 of JUDGMENT and the angel to THOSE STILL AMONG THE LIVING was for us to PREACH THE GOSPEL.
Rev. 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come
and worship before thee; [Fall on your face]
for thy judgments are made manifest.
Rev. 15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
Rev. 15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven PLAGUES, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
Rev. 15:7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the WRATH of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Rev. 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to ENTER into the temple, till the seven PLAGUES of the seven angels were fulfilled.

You have to HOLD the harps of God or APPREHEND His plucking BEFORE you can WORSHIP Him instead of your own IDOLATRY OF TALENT.

The BEAST or Therion as in the Garden again has TWO feed in insurrection: A Beast is defined as a NEW STYLE OF MUSIC OR SATYRIC DRAMA. in ALL instances the SOUNDS-LIKE musical instruments, thunder, twanging bows causes PANIC to warn those ABLE to Read the Book that Judgment is coming.

Spiritual ZION is the restored TABERNACLE of David which was on Mount Zion and not Moriah. At the Appointed time c. ad 2000 we HEARD all of the Worship Teams or Vocal Bands invading the Holy Places like something SUPERNATURAL removing CHRIST from their confession and being lead by APOLLON the Personified SPIRIT and His Muses (and Gracess) or LOCUSTS: The literature which informed John said that the MUSES were filthy adulteresses which Paul defined as CORRUPTING the Word or "Selling learning at retail" DENOUNCING the Word, Logos or Regulative Principle.

Musical SOUNDS like the Trumpet is always a PRELUDE and SIGNS that God is driving His enemies into HELL or into ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

http://www.piney.com/Isa30LXX.html

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Drip...Drip
(no login)

Hard Heads

August 20 2016, 10:52 AM 

[linked image]

Millions of "Church of Christ" sing every Sunday. KEN DO YOU REALLY CONDEMN CHURCH SINGING? YES OR NO ?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

August 20 2016, 11:29 AM 

I follow the Jesus pattern Who just SPAKE that which the Father BREATHED (not a people) and the Apostles left for OUR memory of their eye-- and ear--witness of the Risen Jesus Christ.

YOU CONCLUDE that I am condemning congregational singing! Hark! what goes there?

Aristotle: Melody Deceives: "Poets also make use of this in inventing words, as a melody "without strings" or "without the lyre"; for they employ epithets from negations, a course which is approved in proportional metaphors..

The form of diction should be neither metrical nor without rhythm. If it is metrical, it lacks persuasiveness, for it appears artificial, and at the same time it distracts the hearer's attention,
since it sets him on the watch for the recurrence of such and such a cadence..

According to Philo, the gods of the pagans exploit this weakness of men.
For the sake of a better effect,
and with the intention of more easily cheating their devotes,
that they have set their lies to melodies, rhythms and meters.."

"Philodemos considered it paradoxical that music should be regarded as veneration of the gods while musicians were paid for performing this so-called veneration. Again, Philodemus held as self-deceptive the view that music mediated religious ecstasy. He saw the entire condition induced by the noise of cymbals and tambourines as a disturbance of the spirit. (Paul called it mad or insane) He found it significant that, on the whole, only women and effeminate men fell into this folly."

YOU etal need to ask WHY you are Purpose Driven not even to SING that which is written for our LEARNING?

Very close to ZERO of the World's population will ever pay you to do a musical performance when the Spirit OF Christ commanded them not to PAY for the free WATER OF THE WORD: You are Purpose Driven NOT to let the WORD slip past the WORSHIP LEADER'S produce. I sense the PANIC but the Book of Enoch which you loves says that God is coming with ten thousands of His Saints for those who would DUCT TAPE the Mouth of Jesus.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Drip...Drip
(no login)

SOFT HEADS

August 20 2016, 11:38 AM 

There is a shortage of TESTOSTERONE around this site. Scripture, do you want to say anything?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 614 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter