Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Bill
(no login)

Re: Mess with me: don't MESS ON Jesus by refusing to let Him teach.

October 2 2016, 5:46 PM 

Any member of the church of Christ who abhors all things Catholic should hang his head in shame for running to the Catholic DRB of all things as a desperate "source" for his incessant, fruitless arguments.

BTW, Donnie, better get in your nap, because you're gonna be up really late tonight worrying about all this. LOL happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 2 2016, 6:03 PM 

Bill,

I would encourage you to join the REAL DISCUSSION -- "hymning" ... "sang a hymn" ... "hymned a hymn" ... "a hymn being said." You just might be able to teach us something new or you just might learn something new from a real discussion.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 2 2016, 6:15 PM 

Donnie's idea of a "real discussion" is his giving his personal interpretation of Scripture and then shouting down everyone who disagrees with him.

I'll stay with the KJV which mentions the singing of hymns, while Donnie, who otherwise seemingly abhors all things Catholic, demonstrates his double standard by running to the Catholic DRB to condemn hymn singing.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 2 2016, 6:20 PM 

Too wordy, Bill, and you're really not into it yet.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 2 2016, 8:33 PM 

Donnie is right. I'm not into dictatorial "discussions" in which the arrogant moderators manifest the ridiculously fanatical attitude that they're the only ones with the correct theology and that everyone else is wrong. A "real discussion," about which the CM moderators obviously know nothing, is a two-way street. With CM, it's agree with the moderators or be damned (so to speak). Out of all the thousands who allegedly read this site, no wonder only a small handful of people post anything here anymore.

Remember those posters a few years ago who boldly criticized CM as being a "toxic site"? Unfortunately, they were right after all.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 2 2016, 9:32 PM 

I'm sure the readers will know it when Bill begins to REALLY discuss. It's OK Bill -- we've known it all along -- when your mind wanders.

Bill is right: this is a "toxic site" and he is a participant!!! And he is one of the "few" posters.

Good night, Dr.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 2 2016, 6:04 PM 

Rheims–Douai Bible or Douai Bible, and abbreviated as D–R and DV) is a translation of the Bible from the Latin Vulgate into English

The Latin Vulgate: The translation was largely the work of St. Jerome in 382. This is several centuries before there was a real Catholic Church dominating out of Rome with wide-spread opposition. The Pope even among the 'universal church of Christ' was head in his own eyes and then only with military power.

That would be more than a thousand years before there was a Greek New Testament, the Texus Receptus the almost KJV.

Most of the great scholars wrote in Greek or Latin and the Latin is still linked best to historical Lexicons.

The Vulgate as resource would always refute many of the "margins" added by Reformers especially the Calvinist largely infused into the KJV.

The preface to the KJV recommends that you consult many versions so don't be a Ludite, Bill.

If reading the Douay makes you a Catholic does reading the King James Version make you a King?

The Command is to PREACH the Word by READING the Word for doctrine and Comfort. A Disciple of Christ does not get involved in CUTTING OUT dogma.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 172.242.172.86 on Oct 2, 2016 6:07 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 2 2016, 6:34 PM 

A great explanation! Thanks, Ken.

We may have a king in our midst ... or a King's follower with limited resources.

It is consistent; here's another text from the D-RB:

"And when they had said an hymn, they went forth to the mount of Olives" (Mark 14:26, D-RB).

"AND HYMNING THEY-OUT-CAME INTO THE MOUNTAIN OF-THE OLIVES" (OnlineInterlinear: Greek NT).

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 2 2016, 8:39 PM 

Donnie will stick to the Catholic DRB and downplay hymn singing (while singing hymns in the assembly anyway, which is his double standard).

Bill will stick to the good ole KJV and will sing hymns as so mentioned therein.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 2 2016, 10:16 PM 

Too bad. But various translations are there for comparing, learning and studying purposes. Frankly, many of the Catholics are not even aware of the two passages in Matthew 26:30 and Mark 14:26. With all the Catholic CHOIR BOYS, instrumental music, etc.

Saying or reciting the hymn matches the SPEAKING TO YOURSELVES or TEACHING AND ADMONISHING ONE ANOTHER in/with psalms and HYMNS and spiritual songs in Ephesians 5:19 and Colossians 3:16.

That's about SPEAKING -- not to be confused with SINGING.

Singing has a place of its own. Be careful. We don't want to sing "Hail Mary, Mother of God," do we? We don't want to sing the Christian Rock artist's non-Scripture-based songs, do we? We shouldn't rely on the "Worship Leader" and his/her Praise Team to sing/perform for us,should we?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter