Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

Re: Romans 14

December 10 2016, 1:17 AM 

Ken said: No, Dave, I don't care how long you wear your dress!

Dave, those are remarkable "words of wisdom" from Ken. ROFL!!! I wish I could have said that first. This may be the first time that Dave has ever agreed with Ken. You even thanked him for that.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)

December 9 2016, 4:13 PM 

Remember the joke: "I am giving up chocolate for Lent: I hate chocolate."

The ploy of the progressives is to do VISION CASTING for a 20/20 vision. They have an agenda but they are not going to tell you until the buildings are finished and the finances are in order: they are Purpose Driven. Usually these visions are so filled with anti-Biblical teachings that there may be some resistance. One of my last "investment advisers for the lord and his elders" launched a 40 days of prayer: the motive is that if you pray for 40 days and God doesn't hurt you then your hidden agenda was always correct. Things may go slow so they have to do another round of 40 days. The Forty-Day Plan at Mount Sinai was god TRYING the people and they rose up to PLAY and were sentenced to captivity and death. The devil did the same thing to Jesus "praying" that Jesus would adopt his WORLD VIEW, the ecumenical or the kingdom of the Devil. The Catholics and their new "daughter" churches do the same thing tempting God to give them CREDITS for fasting. First we celebrate MARDI GRAS.

Popular practices on Mardi Gras include wearing masks and costumes, overturning social conventions, dancing, sports competitions, parades, debauchery, etc. Similar expressions to Mardi Gras appear in other European languages sharing the Christian tradition, as it is associated with the religious requirement for confession before Lent begins.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Image Removed
(no login)

December 9 2016, 8:06 PM 

Coming to a Church near you. Wants to be an Elder? You better ask questions!

[ ... media...jpg [linked image] ... ]

Irrelevant image ... is not conducive to learning God's truth. Please engage in the discussion.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address on Dec 9, 2016 8:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Max Lucado: The Great DEcommission

December 9 2016, 10:15 PM 

Max Lucado and Rubel Shelly in answer to the Pope's call for the Last Jubilee (year 2000) launced Jubilee Planned and first produce in 1989. The planning marked 100 years from the NACC (now controlling your universities) who invented the PSALLO Word in 1987 to try to justify their splitting the Disciples of Christ-Christian Churches. Both are big into thinking of the son as the S.U.N. god who in Revelation is Apollon leader of the muses.

The 40 day plan at Mount Sinai was God's TRYING of those whom He had saved without a Law or priesthood. In Acts 7 etc they were abandoned to worship the Starry Host.

After an unusually long "frog boiling" agenda confessed when the preacher first began "infiltrating and diverting" one of my big "investments with the Lord" in Murfreesboro, Tn. published a 20/20 division as the most arrogant and blasphemous attacks against the historic Church of Christ. They have gone through 2 cycles of the 40 DAY TRYING PLAN and have adopted the Lucado Plot of using ill gotten gains to plant churches in their own image 100% repudiating the clear Biblical teaching.

Only Jesus as the PATTERN survived the Demon's (KAIROS) trying to get him to adopt what North Boulevard claims to be A Christian World View. As noted, Jesus doesn't pray for the world, the Kosmos, the ecumenical or the kingdom of the Devil. They deny the Regulative Principle but God IS the Logos or Regulative principle. As a PATTERN to mark those NOT OF THE WORLD, Jesus spoke only what the Father breathed or inspired Him to teach.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every WORD of God.

Rhema is the spoken LOGOS or Regulative Principle. It is exclusive of self-authored songs or sermons or any of what Jesus defined as the marks of hypocrites (performers-innovators)

That is why there is no SPIRIT or LIFE which Jesus conveys with Hs WORDS only. John 6:63

The Church is built upon or EDUCATED by the prophets and apostles and NOT the idolatry of Mount Sinai and Jerusalem.

[linked image]

After they have VISIONED their agenda as INNOVATORS and have gone through the 40 days of TESTING, if they claim that God approves of their INNOVATION then He turns them over to worship the stars where STARS also identify "Illustrous persons". Jesus inspired John to identify the end time Babylon mother of harlots as a SORCERESS: her end-time priesthood as any and all performers or INNOVATORS mark Jesus "removing the lamps" preparing to CAST THEM ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Dec 10, 2016 12:11 AM

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Re: Max Lucado: The Great DEcommission

December 9 2016, 10:20 PM 

Forgot Ken can't answer a direct question.

Good bye!

Respond to this message   
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

December 10 2016, 12:26 AM 

This thread is about "The Great Commission" (Matthew 28:18-20). Stan stated in the initial post: Think with me: If you would spend as much time on reaching the lost as you do on instrumental music and other disagreements, don't you think that would be the greater good?

Do you think that ConcernedMembers as a religious discussion forum should discontinue or spend very little time discussing "instrumental music and other disagreements"? (As we know, "instrumental music" in the assembly is a very important agendum that the change agents are promoting in order to transition a church of Christ congregation into a Community Church.)

He also stated that: there are plenty within the brotherhood who are fulfilling The Great Commission.

Do you think that you, as well as your congregation, are fulfilling "The Great Commission"? Can you provide guidelines as to how to achieve this directive?

Respond to this message   
(no login)

December 12 2016, 3:03 PM 

Since we have discussed worship, here is Origen's statement on prayer posture:

"And although there are a great many different positions for the body, he should not doubt that the position with the hands outstretched and the eyes lifted up is to be preferred before all others, because it bears in prayer the image of characteristics befitting the soul and applies it to the body. I mean that his position must be preferred barring any chance circumstance. For under certain circumstances it is allowed to pray properly sometimes sitting down because of some disease of the feet that cannot be disregarded or even lying down because of fever or some such sickness,. And because of circumstances, for example, if we are at sea or if affairs do not permit us to withdraw to offer the prayer that is owed, it is right to pray acting as though we were not doing it."

Origen, page 164-166, Origen: An Exhortation to Martytdom, Prayer and Selected Works, 1979, The Classics of Western Spirituality

Origen lived in late third century and early fourth century. He was instrumental in helping to establish the New Testament canon.

Respond to this message   
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

December 17 2016, 10:48 PM 

I was reading from the "Institute in Basic Life Principles" website. It says: "What is the significance of using different postures in prayer?"

The following summary [in black] is all-quoted from IBLP with biblical references [not included here] supporting the items listed:
Communication with God does not require a certain physical position, but postures do give expression to the attitudes of our hearts.
  1. Lying Prostrate Before God
    • It is an acknowledgement of our total unworthiness.
    • It is recognition of the need for God’s mercy.
    • It is a right response to a serious crisis.

2. Kneeling Before God
    • It acknowledges the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
    • It is a sign of earnest appeal.
    • It is a sign of personal humility.

3. Bowing Before the Lord
    • It is a sign of reverence.
    • It is an expression of worship.

4. Standing Before the Lord
    • It represents our position in Christ’s righteousness.
    • It symbolizes our preparation for battle.
    • It shows readiness to serve.

5. Sitting Before the Lord
    • It reminds us that all believers are seated with Christ in heaven.
    • It represents God’s call to forgive offenders.

6. Looking Up to Heaven
    • It demonstrates where our help comes from.
    • It displays confident faith.
    • It indicates intimate fellowship with God.

7. Stretching Forth the Arm
    • It appeals to God’s sovereign power.
    • It reflects God’s redeeming work: salvation.
    • It demonstrates worship and petitions God’s blessing.

8. Leaping for Joy
    • It displays absolute confidence in God’s faithfulness.
    • It confirms that eternal things are our highest priority.

In "Stretching Forth the Arm," should women do this? The article quotes: "... I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting" (I Timothy 2:1–4, 8).

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

December 18 2016, 12:44 AM 

Posture doesn't matter: what matters is that you do not make prayer into a public performance--seems to me.

Matt. 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Matt. 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matt. 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Matt. 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Paul didn't contradict Jesus Who did not command a weekly TAX in the modern sense.

Matt. 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matt. 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matt. 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Matt. 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him

Isn't that a direct command?

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Dec 19, 2016 8:32 AM

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Christian Friend

December 18 2016, 9:43 AM 

Donnie and Ken, why do you delete Stan's posts? Donnie, it's time to let it go.

Donnie, your premise is long lost for Concerned Members. A local Church would be the best solution. Will you think about it? happy.gif

Respond to this message   
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

Re: Christian Friend

December 18 2016, 2:30 PM 

A deleted post goes away without being published. (I usually save the post before deleting it for reference purposes.)

An edited post may have its entire message or a portion of its message with "[...]" removed. This will show the date and time when a poster submitted the post. The editor may provide an explanation for the action taken. (I make my comment below the poster's text message with a different font size and color.)

I did not initiate this thread. So, the premise belongs to the poster -- not me.

"A local church would be the best solution"? To what?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

Gender/Being of 'The Holy Ghost': (Even Trinitarian Translators Are Confused)

December 19 2016, 1:05 AM 

Here are some (of several) references to "the Spirit OF God."

The preposition "OF" signifying possession or ownership; capitalization of the word "spirit"; and the pronouns and other parts of speech [he, him, himself, his, it, its, itself, which, whose, who, whom, etc.]-- are all significant in understanding the nature of God's Spirit. Since the New Testament Greek grammar and English grammar have differences in rules, human translators have been making their own varying judgments as to how to translate certain passages, especially those that are doctrinally complex. Even Trinity-influenced translators are confused and, therefore, inconsistent.

I am listing the following passages, all quoted from the KJV online [not singling the KJV out because other translations have the same confusion and inconsistency] for ease of reference. These passages are not logically in order, but are numbered so that we can refer to that specific passage being discussed:
  1. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: (Rom. 8 [16])

2. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Rom. 8 [26])

3. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) (John 7 [39])

4. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (1 Cor. 2 [12])

5. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. (2 Cor. 11 [4])

6. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. (1 John 3 [24])

7. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: (Matt. 3 [16])

8. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. (Matt. 10 [20])

9. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. (Matt. 12 [28])

10. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: (Mark 1 [10])

11. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (John 14 [17])

12. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Cor. 6 [11])

13. Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. (2 Cor. 3 [3])

14. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. (2 Cor. 3 [18])

15. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. (Gal. 4 [6])

16. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ (Phil. 1 [19])

17. Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. (1 Pet. 1 [11])

Let's give other posters the special privilege to speak their minds first.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

January 6 2017, 5:44 PM 

I am reposting Scripture's response [on page 2] to Bill's post [on page 1, October 9 2016, 12:39 PM]:

Bill's statement along with other Trinity-defense remarks:
No Scripture says, "Jesus is God." No Scripture says, "Jesus is not God."

Scripture's response:

Re: The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) January 6 2017, 1:20 PM

It's good that Acts 8:26-40 is recorded for us.

After hearing about Jesus, the question was asked "What doth hinder me from being baptized?"

Some witnesses add in verse 37: "If you wholeheartedly believe, it is permitted." He replied, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

The text is sufficient. We are saved on the basis of our faith, not on our knowledge.

Respond to this message   
< Previous Page 116 17 18 19 20 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter