Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Testimony of the Spirit OF Christ

December 5 2016, 8:24 PM 

Bill keeps quoting isolated texts but ignores the context which we have posted several times.

Doubting Thomas had to SEE and feel proof that Jesus was Jesus. John was writing maybe 40 years after the event which he records and He fills in blanks and corrects false understanding:

Thomas: John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Jesus does not correct nor compliment. However, John put the misunderstanding to rest.

John 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the SON of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Testimony of the Spirit OF Christ

December 5 2016, 9:02 PM 

Let's give Bill some credit for trying very, very hard to provide us evidence that "the man Christ Jesus" (I Tim. 2:5) is also "the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." And he is relying on what the doubting Thomas said -- not realizing:

(1) That in verse 29, Jesus was comparing:

-----------(a) Thomas the doubter who had "to see" in order "to believe."
---------------------- versus -----------------------
-----------(b) Those whom Jesus called "blessed" for not seeing yet believing.

(2) That the correction in v.31 states "that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God."

(3) That in Hebrews 10:7,9 Jesus Christ addressed his Father and God: "I come to do thy will, O God."

(4) That in Eph. 1[17] it says that Jesus has a God: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him."

(5) That "3-Gods-in-one" is man's perception. Instead: "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort" (I Cor. 1:3).

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

Trinity

December 5 2016, 9:51 PM 

As I've said before, this Trinity business really disturbs Donnie so much that he feels compelled to rehash the subject repeatedly. Donnie does need to seek a religious counselor, because he's obsessing over this more and more, and it's obviously affecting his peace of mind.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Trinity

December 5 2016, 10:43 PM 

Bill's obsession is rejecting the scriptures that debunk the man-made Trinity dogma. Bill does not need another spiritual counselor -- the papacy is on his side without question ... and without questioning the Creed it teaches.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 5 2016, 11:23 PM 

Donnie is jumping up and down--commanded or not.

It is sad that there is such a major industry of religion desperately seeking something that they will never find.
God HIDES from the wise or Sophists: speakers for sale, singers, instrument players, actors.
And Jesus does not pray for the WORLD which is the kosmos, the ecumenical or the kingdom of the Devil.

Try as they might they either cannot grasp or confess that:

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE God,
.....and ONE mediator between God and men,
.....the MAN Christ Jesus;

There is nothing that is a more certain SEAL or MARK of certainty.

Neither can they grasp that BOTH male and female are commanded to be SILENT and SEDENTARY for the singular Purpose of a Purpose-Driven Church.

1Tim. 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved (SAFE),and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

The TRUTH is THE WORD, Logos or regulative principle which those OF the World cannot stop denying.

So, fun is to watch those WITH NO NEED TO KNOW prove that they cannot retain TRUTH. Speaking of the Instrumental-Trinitarian-Perverted "play" at Mount Sinai which was beyond redemption:

Rom. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Even with a stack of still-bleeding sheepskins they cannot read Acts 7 and understand why the clergy murdered Stephen.

Heb. 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Heb. 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
Heb. 13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

December 5 2016, 11:51 PM 

Donnie tries to shift his problem to someone else. That's a common response, and it's quite expected. Should a religious counselor approach Donnie about his incessant, Trinity-bashing obsession, Donnie would explode with, "I don't need your [%$#@] psychology!!" That's also a typical response from those who deny they have a problem.

Donnie's problem is not that he denies the Trinity as such. That's his prerogative. Donnie's problem is that he feels compelled to deny the Trinity over and over incessantly, as if he just can't get enough of bashing the Trinity 24/7. That's why he keeps harping about and rehashing the subject in multiple posts that all basically say the same thing each time. So in short: Houston, Donnie has a problem.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 6 2016, 12:19 AM 

Donnie is not allowed to use a harp!

Respond to this message   
Humility
(no login)

December 6 2016, 9:11 AM 

Dr. Bill left his theological role and adopted a medical one.

The fact that he centers on spelling indicates he is anal.

That he psychologically tries to analyze people indicates that he thinks he is a type of Messiah.

But we will forgive you Bill, if you tell us the truth (or even express your opinion). You won't be an enemy and neither will Stan. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

December 6 2016, 1:00 PM 

Given my medical background, if I were to analyze Humility, I'd have to charge him/her/it. I gladly analyze Donnie for free. happy.gif

There's no excuse for spelling errors...ever. Those who scoff at good spelling demonstrate their abysmal ignorance. happy.gif

Some lay people have been known to look upon medical personnel as "gods." That's their prerogative, however misdirected it may be. happy.gif

If Humility receives comfort in bestowing "crocodile forgiveness" out of his hat, we will certainly not fault him/her/it. happy.gif

Note: You know the meaning of "crocodile tears." Well, "crocodile forgiveness" bears a similar connotation that substitutes forgiveness for tears. The same applies to "crocodile prayers." LOL happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Stan
(no login)

December 6 2016, 2:09 PM 

Humility, do you agree with Ken that there is to be no singing in the church, only speaking?

Galatians 4:16
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 6 2016, 3:29 PM 

Ken never speaks of what WE CAN DO but only the testimony of Scripture.

If you can, find an actual command, example, remote inference or practice of calling people OUT of their rest to engage in group singing with or without an example. There are lots of "synagogue" examples: gathering together, assemblying or coming together. Jesus "synagogued" with His disciples twice on the first day of the week after His resurrection and the epistles often speak of the assembly: that would be a good place to begin.

In Jeremiah 23 the Spirit OF Christ defines despising the Word as blasphemy in Latin.
If you say that God said or commanded something
And God did NOT do so
That is called blasphemy because you put your lies into God's mouth.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Good One On Ya

December 6 2016, 6:00 PM 

William, IF....I say IF you were to ever branch out with analyzing, then good luck. Just don't try self-analysis.

self-a·nal·y·sis
noun
the analysis of oneself, in particular one's motives and character.

William, it would either kill you or drive you more insane than you already are.

happy.gif

Now, ain't that the epitamyism of something or other?

Respond to this message   
Humility
(no login)

December 6 2016, 7:12 PM 

I have a Revised English Bible (REB) which translated Colossians 3:16 as

"Let the gospel of Christ dwell among you in all its richness: teach and instruct one another with all the wisdom it gives you. With psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, sing from the heart in gratitude to God. 17 Let every word and action, everything you do, be in the name of our Lord Jesus, and give thanks through him to God the Father.

The psalms and hymns and spiritual songs must come from the heart, whether that be in synagogue (or assembly) or outside of assembly.

"So you see, each one of us will be answerable to God." Romans 14:12. "Who are you to pass judgment on someone else's servant? Whether he stands or falls is his own Master's business; and stand he will, because his master has power to enable him to stand." Romans 14:4.

We must all pray, "May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my mind, be acceptable to you, Lord, my rock and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14.

The worship of the New Testament church (at least in Corinth) was multiplex (chapter 14), but no one should quench the spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:19.

The overbearance of the elder authority on the church is often quenching of that spirit of worship, and Jesus explicitly condemned this in Matthew 15:1-2. "Any plant that is not of My Heavenly Father's planting will be rooted up." Matthew 15:13.

I sing in church according to the current meaning of the word, but there are so many doctrines expressed and emotions awry that I do not always sing every song. Millenialism, total depravity, abuse of the worshipper, hyper emotionalism, human lust masked as adoration, and fads are all so often present, that a return to a Biblical language is much to be desired.

I can sing all the songs, or none of the songs, and if I have the Lord in my heart, He will reward me accordingly.

Respond to this message   
Stan
(no login)

December 6 2016, 8:06 PM 

Well Humility, your perspective contradicts Ken's, so brace yourself. Ken says the bible teaches no singing - period - end of story. Let Humility have it Ken like you do everyone else in the brotherhood.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

Re: Good One On Ya

December 6 2016, 8:11 PM 

"Epitamyism" [sic]. Good one on you, Dave. You're so embarrassed because I rebuked you for butchering the spelling of "epitome" -- yet again -- that you're now deliberately making up words to cover your, shall we say, Southern orifice. And then there was your attempt to spell "Eusebius" that crashed and burned as "eubius" [sic]...

Son, Santa really does need to bring you that dictionary for Christmas. LOL happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Humility
(no login)

December 6 2016, 8:39 PM 

Stan, you don't think that your post script leaves the impression that only you have the truth?

Or do you?happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Stan
(no login)

December 6 2016, 8:47 PM 

Humility, you are mistaking me for Ken, hence this website. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

THEY BEING JESUS AND HIS DISCIPLES

December 6 2016, 8:58 PM 

"If you can, find an actual command, example, remote inference or practice of calling people OUT of their rest to engage in group singing with or without an example.

You bet!

Matthew 26
30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

THEY is a group

More, Ken???

Respond to this message   
Humility
(no login)

December 6 2016, 9:10 PM 

I'm aware of the different points of view on this site.

What's interesting is that someone that said that all these points of view are merging into a new synthetic whole. I believe it was Dave.

Respond to this message   
Humility
(no login)

December 6 2016, 9:55 PM 

Stan,

You might need to read Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People."happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter