Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Is the KDV (Ken, Donnie Version) better than the KJV??

October 28 2016 at 10:59 AM
Dave  (no login)
from IP address 162.229.29.37

One of the translators of the KJV, William Tyndale (an Oxford scholar), had this written of him....

"Tyndale began preaching and teaching the gospel message, which made the Roman Catholics angry with him, branding him a heretic. One day, while proving a "learned" Roman Catholic scholar wrong, the papist cried out, "It were better for us to be without God's laws, than without the Pope's!" To which Tyndale prophetically replied,

"I defy the Pope, and all his laws; and if God spare my life, ere many years, I will cause a boy that driveth the plough to know more of the Scripture than you do!""

Also, written of Tyndale...
"Tyndale was well suited to his task. Spalatin, a friend of Martin Luther, wrote this in his diary of what professor Herman Buschius told him about Tyndale and his New Testament:
"The work was translated by an Englishman staying there with two others,--a man so skilled in the seven languages, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Italian, Spanish, English, and French, that which-ever he spake, you would suppose it his native tongue" (Translators Revived, pp. 27-28)"

...but Ken and Donnie believe they know better

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Is the KDV (Ken, Donnie Version) better than the KJV??

October 28 2016, 11:34 AM 

Let Tyndale SPEAK since He didn't write a SONG BOOK.

Matthew: 14 They saide some saye yt thou arte Ihon Baptist some Helias some Ieremias or one of ye prophetes.
15 He sayde vnto the: but who saye ye yt I am?
16 Simo Peter answered and sayde: Thou arte Christ ye sonne of the lyvinge God.
17 And Iesus answered and sayde to him: happy arte thou Simon the sonne of Ionas for fleshe and bloud hath not opened vnto the yt but my father which is in heve.
18 And I saye also vnto the yt thou arte Peter: and apon this rocke I wyll bylde my congregacion. And the gates of hell shall not prevayle ageynst it.

The ROCK is the confession that Jesus is the CHRIST the SON of the living GOD. CALLING ON THE NAME OF JESUS as the promised MESSIAH is the ONLY NAME BY WHICH YOU MAY BE SAVED.

Ephesians 5: 17 Wherfore be ye not vnwyse but vnderstonde what the will of the Lorde is
18 and be not dronke with wyne wherin is excesse: but be fulfilled with the sprete
19 speakynge vnto youre selves
in psalmes and ymnes and spretuall songes

synginge and makinge melodie to ye Lorde in youre hertes
20 gevinge thankes all wayes for all thinges vnto God the father
in the name of oure Lorde Iesu Christ

The SPRETE is the WORDES of Christ. Notice that Tyndale didn't say SING to yourselves.

John 6:63 It is the sprete that quyckeneth the flesshe proffeteth nothinge. The wordes that I speake vnto you are sprete and lyfe.

In Colossians 3 the SPRETE is the WORDE of CHRIST. You are Purpose Driven NOT to let the Words of Christ which ARE Spirit and life to be usled to TEACH and EXHORT one another. The WORD or LOGOS absolutely outlaws rhetoric, singing or playing instruments while you are SPEAKING. God put SPIRIT in the WORD.

Colossians 3:15 And ye peace of god rule in youre hertes to ye which peace ye are called in one body. And se that ye be thankfull.
16 Let the worde of Christ dwell in you plenteously in all wisdome.
Teache and exhorte youre awne selves in psalmes and hymnes and spretuall songes
which have favour wt them syngynge in youre hertes to the lorde.
17 And all thynges (whatsoever ye do in worde or dede) do in the name of the lorde Iesu gevinge thakes to god the father by him.

Notice that melody in SPEAKING has the same meaning as grace or favor. This Grace or Favor is IN YOURE HEARTES and directed TO THE LORD. Grace has APPEARED Teaching us to REJECT anything beyond the WORD OF GOD. Grace cannot sing IN YOUR HEART (a place) if you do not SPEAK what God has COMMANDED you to use as TEACHING. No one seems to grasp that a Christian is a Disciple is a Student is commaned to SPEAK that which is written for our learning. We have to conclude that those who have made warfare in all ages have NO INTENTION of using SCRIPTURE.

Dave will use maybe the BLUE BOOK. Because Hymns are Prayers the blue book REPLACING the Holy Book is a PRAYER BOOK used to EXCLUDE the Holy Book.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 28, 2016 11:43 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 28 2016, 11:58 AM 

On one occasion the priests laid waste to the land in retribution such was their pettiness. It was about this time that Tyndale realised the absolute need for an English Bible so that the people could themselves attack the sophistry of the priests. As it was he was much taken with view of Erasmus that

“even the weakest woman should read the Gospel and the Epistles of St. Paul; that they might be translated into all languages so that the husbandman should sing portions of them to himself as he follows the plough; that the weaver should hum them to the tune of the shuttle, and that the traveller should beguile with their stories the weariness of his journey.”

That was Paul's command: both men and women were to be silent so that "all might be SAFE and come to a knowledge of THE TRUTH." Women had been taught that they were the revealers of gods while drunk on wine, ignorance or distracted by music. They could return home with maybe even a copied "lection" and speak and sing about it all week. DAVE'S flock will not even have a blade of grass which has not been chopped up to take home with them.

D`Aubigne writes in his History of the Reformation that Tyndale was "indignant against those coarse monks, covetous priests, and pompous prelates,' who were waging an impious war against God." In a doctrinal tract " Obedience of a Christian Man" Tyndale kept up his assault on them and gained their enmity with criticisms such as :

"What a trade is that of the priests.they want money for every thing: money for baptism, money for churchings, for weddings, for buryings, for images, brotherhoods, penances, soul-masses, bells, organs, chalices, copes, surplices, ewers, censors, and all manner of ornaments.

Poor sheep! The parson shears, the vicar shaves, the parish priest polls, the friar scrapes, the indulgence seller pares ..... all that you want is a butcher to flay you and take away your skin He will not leave you long. Why are your prelates dressed in red? Because they are ready to shed the blood of whomsoever seeketh the word of God? Scourge of states, devastators of kingdoms, the priests take away not only Holy Scripture, but also prosperity and peace; but of their councils is no layman; reigning over all, they obey nobody; and making all concur to their own greatness, they conspire against every kingdom."

It was about this time that Wolsey turned his attention to the perceived problem of Tyndale and the distribution of the New Testament. Wolsey was not totally opposed to change or reform particularly if he was to profit from it. But his primary concern was to maintain the privileges and uniformity of the hierarchy. His plan now was to seek the capture of Tyndale and wrote accordingly to the envoy in the Low Countries to bring pressure on the local authorities; this resulted in the arrest of an Antwerp merchant (Harman) awho was a principal supporter of Tyndale. He then despatched a Franciscan friar named John West to track down Tyndale and have him arrested. West came close to Tyndale on a number of occasions, even being in the same town together. But he was frustrated in his attempts to seize his quarry and returned to report his failure to Wolsey. By then the Cardinal had returned to the problem of Henry`s divorce and trying to get a decretal from the Pope. It was soon to be Wolsey`s time to depart the scene, cast out from office and subsequently dying in November 1530.

Jesus still says that if you speak THE WORD which HE SPOKE you will be hated and like Tyndale they try to BURN YOU AT THE STAKE.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Regulative Principle

October 28 2016, 12:24 PM 

Rom. 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. [EDUCATION]
Rom. 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
Rom. 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our LEARNING, that we through patience and comfort of the SCRIPTURES might have hope.
Rom. 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God,
even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the SON and GOD is the FATHER: The Son is NOT the Father.

Page 224: Throughout, the texture of the writing is thick with detail; the....

[linked image]

"everything the priests did was in Latin; the Psalms in the MASS were in Latin; the Bible-reading in the services, such as they were, were in the latin."

That does not sound like and was NEVER congregational singing with or without the instrument even in the Catholic churches.

Contrary to Tyndale and Peter, the post-Biblical preachers claim the role and dole of MEDIATING the Scriptures and music. That despises the Word of God which is not subject to "private interpretation" or further expounding. to their credit, when song writers used their own songs in the assembly they told the Bible stories in Bible words. They understood back THEN that melody does not mean harmony. Harmony in the Greek spoke of "harmonizing" or unison and not the much later complex harmony.

So the later day popes and priests say that "you cannot understand the Bible." You have to have experienced the POSTMODERN revelation to a FEW which is NOT the Bible of your ignorant-but-innocent godly parents.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 28, 2016 3:05 PM

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Say What?

October 28 2016, 10:06 PM 

Prepare to know the other translators. Knowledgeable men, just not up to Ken's merit, I am sure. No one will measure up to what Ken thinks he knows...

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Say What?

October 28 2016, 10:35 PM 

If I am not mistaken, the Preface to the KJV recommends "reading several versions."

As long as I have my computer I CAN know just about everything written beginning with clay tablets. You will be excited to know that there is no recorded history which does not give religious musicians a bad report card. I will let you read about Inanna and the gifts of the ME. She got father god, Ea, drunk and stole the magical text or SONG BOOK by which she gained power over males. She shows up again in Revelation 17-18 using the SAME strange musicians. Not for the timid:

http://www.piney.com/BabEaGifts.html

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 28, 2016 10:36 PM

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Can't Win for Losing

October 28 2016, 11:26 PM 

"reading several versions"

Does that include yours and Donnie's version???

Definitely not for the timid or weak of heart.

Ain't this a hoot and coming full circle. You and Donnie NOW trying to downplay the KJV. The NIV didn't say what you liked so you negated the NIV and you pushed the KJV. Now, neither does the KJV agree with your theorems.

What a mess.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Can't Win for Losing

October 28 2016, 11:48 PM 

False: I always use the KJV and use others when you need to say that SPEAK does not mean SPEAK. You brought up Tyndales which was the first English but Erasmus did the first Greek.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Can't Win for Losing

October 28 2016, 11:50 PM 

As Donnie noted they HYMNED and when you HYMN you pray one of the few hallels.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

October 29 2016, 8:15 AM 

KDV bible in the works. Donnie says to Ken, "Hey Kenny, pass me the paste". happy.gif

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 29 2016, 12:14 PM 

A lot of that cut-and-paste job will come from Donnie's Catholic DRV Bible and especially from Ken's collective works of mythology. It'll be such a hodgepodge of nonsense and fantasy that no one will even recognize any "Christian" message therein. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 29 2016, 12:50 PM 

Can you not be a truthful observer for once (saying to you gently)? "A lot ... from ... DRV Bible" -- that's being dishonest on your part, Bill.

I quote from the online KJV. However, a Bible student should be able to compare among translations.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 29 2016, 12:35 PM 

No.

There is no KDV in existence or translation in progress. But thanks for opining, Dave.

I've been quoting passages from the KJV -- it is still my favorite version. I have the online KJV from which I do my "copy-and-paste" as Rancor has clearly illustrated above. [However, I "copy" ... not "cut" happy.gif ]

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

October 29 2016, 1:31 PM 

Donnie,

"Shun" is the word for what you do to the King James Bible.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 29 2016, 2:43 PM 

I confess to being unkind: I never cease when I know that quoting too much Scripture and recorded history puts him into one of these tailspins.

He will never be a Disciple OF Christ until he receives his little kit of scissors and paste.

His mentors think that their HIRE is to cut the Bible into zigsaw puzzles

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

October 29 2016, 3:24 PM 

Ken, why don't you drop anchor for a while? happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 29 2016, 4:11 PM 

Rancor, I beg to differ.

"Shun" is not the word. "Study" is the word. This type of study involves comparing translations or versions of the Bible; investigating and researching evidences and proofs from original manuscripts; bias and prejudice in translations; etc.

Researching the content of original manuscripts that date back to the early centuries (AD) is very significant in comparing HUMAN translations of recent 15th and 16th centuries (AD) and forward.

There is no attack on the KJV. If there were, it would be an attack on ALL versions that translated, e.g., Matt. 28:18-20. They all translate the passage similarly. I do not understand why you and others are singling out the KJV. "In the name of the Lord" is everywhere in the New Testament in all translations. When only one verse against countless verses differs from them, I believe that the content of original manuscripts come into the picture.

Maybe everyone should attempt to research and study on his own, rather than being negative about the research done so far. Then he wouldn't be as lacking in knowledge of the Scripture.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

October 29 2016, 4:41 PM 

Donnie, I see why it took you so long to answer my post. You don't have an answer for what you said. What ever, I will be watching football. Later.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 29 2016, 4:46 PM 

Rancor, you learn quite quickly from your friend Bill: "so long to answer." All I can say is that it is taking you so long to even read evidences presented to you, or study and learn (I should say). That's up to you. I study with an open mind. Hoping you do the same.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

October 29 2016, 9:03 PM 

Donnie, this is not about Bill. I think you have a loose screw. Seek some help...soon!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter