Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The Whole Truth Vs. Part of the Truth

January 31 2017, 1:31 AM 

Bill,

You're failing Trinity Dogma History 101. You simply need to spend time reading about the Emperor Constantine, the Council of Nicea, the state of the "Christian Church" in the early centuries, the manuscripts.

"All these manuscripts are mere copies, and the great majority of them are copies of copies.... In the process of copying, however, scribal errors are bound to occur. There is not a single copy wholly free from mistakes...."

Also consider our Restoration Movement leaders who did not embrace, endorse, teach the Catholic-bishops-and-Emperor-approved Trinity Creed.

1. The passages you quote do not prove that Jesus is God.
2. You reject the passage that God cannot be (or become) a man.
3. You reject the passage that God cannot be the son of man.
4. You reject the passages that the only one true God is the Father
5. You reject the passage that the head of Christ is God.
6. You reject about 150 passages stating that Jesus is "the Son of God" because you perceive as the Pope taught you that "Jesus is God."
7. You reject the passages that in each of the epistles from Romans to Jude, God the Father AND Jesus Christ His Son greeted individual Christians and churches. The Trinity's "God the Holy Spirit" was absent.
8. You reject the truth that the Father is greater than His Son.
9. You reject the fact that the Trinity Creed was unknown to God's followers in the O.T.

There are many more facts you simply reject, ignore and deny.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

January 31 2017, 3:03 PM 

Donnie, I have evaluated your comments and have come to the following conclusions:

1. I firmly believe that Jesus is the Son of God...and more than that.

2. The biblical passages I cited absolutely prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jesus is also God.

3. You are gullible and much too easily swayed by myths (Ken's fault there), which hold that the Catholic church originated the idea that Jesus is God, when you should be paying far more attention to the Scriptures, which prove that Jesus is also God.

4. Your bias induces you to use Catholicism as your scapegoat for rejecting Jesus as God, when Catholicism has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus is God.

5. You maintain that boldface and underlined text (and other histrionic tricks with text fonts) will convince people that Jesus is not God.

6. Looks like we'll have to continue to agree to disagree.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 31 2017, 3:25 PM 

The Babylon mother of harlots invented the trinity.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: What's Wrong With The KJV Bible?

January 28 2017, 8:08 PM 

I am just communicating with a young lady with Autism: she like many have good minds but have trouble turning their thoughts into words. Ipads have worked miracles to let people communicate. I am quite certain that we have a couple of people with Spiritual Autism or Dislexia.

God is WORD in the same sense that He is TRUTH and LIGHT all have the same meaning of COMMUNICATING: that is what WORDS do. I don't think that most people think that god is a Light. Maybe people who are one candle power should not malign the WORD by calling Jesus and everyone a liar.

Theophilus was the first do explain clear Scripture to define God as being as smart as those who believed that the godS were just great men or written about in old Fairy Tales like what Paul called Jewish Fables. Ne said that god Thinks (like us), God Breathes (pneuma is not a people) and God articulates His Words to Prophets. He used the word TRIAS.

For those who probably don't care enough to know the terms defining the ONE GOD THE FATHER Who is Spirit and therefore not to be insulted to think that He is Flesh and Bones.

You will say, then, to me, "Do you, who see God, explain to me the appearance of God." Hear, O man. The appearance of God is ineffable and indescribable, and cannot be seen by eyes of flesh.

First he named the "beginning," (21) and "creation," (22) then he thus introduced God; for not lightly and on slight occasion is it right to name God.

For in glory He is incomprehensible, in greatness unfathomable, in height inconceivable, in power incomparable, in wisdom unrivalled, in goodness inimitable, in kindness unutterable.

First he named the "beginning," (21) and "creation," (22) then he thus introduced God; for not lightly and on slight occasion is it right to name God.

Note 21: That is, the first principle, whom he has just shown to be the Word.
Note 22: In the Greek version of Gen. i. 1, the word "created" stands before "God."

He doesn't mention Jesus in defining the Nature of God.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Jan 28, 2017 8:11 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 28 2017, 10:03 PM 

Just a few of MANY passages denied by those John called ANTICHRISTS. AND and OF and BY are Stumbling Blocks for those with no right to know the mysteries of the kingdom hidden in plain sight.

If Scripture always says God AND Jesus then the teeny little flock will know that Jesus is NOT God. That may be trivial but God sets traps for those OF the World for whom Jesus does not pray and from whom God HIDES.

When Scripture says that there is ONE GOD and one mediator the MAN Jesus Christ, those OF the World think that God has sent them to argue which sex is on top. In fact, Timothy says NEITHER: both are to be silent so that We might all be saved or SAFE FROM and come to a knowledge of THE TRUTH.

1Tim. 6:13 Igive thee charge
in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things,
AND
before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

2Tim. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ
BY
the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

2Tim. 1:2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace,
from God [Theos] the Father
AND
Christ Jesus our Lord. [Kurios]

2Tim. 4:1 I charge thee therefore
before God,
AND
the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God,
AND
an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

God's elect who have been called OUT of the World and into His Safe House and School will "acknowledge the truth or THE WORD."

Titus 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace,
from God the Father
AND
the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Philem. 3 Grace to you, and peace,
from God our Father
AND
the Lord Jesus Christ.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God
AND
of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1Pet. 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father
OF
our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1Pet. 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices,
acceptable to God
BY
Jesus Christ.

2Pet. 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us
through the righteousness of God
AND
our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Pet. 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you
through the KNOWLEDGE of God,
AND
of Jesus our Lord,

1John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:
Every spirit [person] that confesseth
that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh
IS OF
God:

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not
that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh
AND
God: and this is that spirit of ANTICHRIST, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Those NOT OF Faith or the Word will ALWAYS say that GOD came in the flesh. That's one of those mouse traps in plain view.

1John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the SON of God,
God dwelleth IN him, and he IN God.

If God arranges dozens of ASSERTIONS that the Man Jesus of Nazareth is the SON OF GOD. Those who insist that Jesus IS God simply cannot read black text on brown paper and John says that God does not DWELL IN Him in the same sense that SONS dwell IN God. That is defined as abiding with. The Dove representing the Spirit rested ON Jesus and did not fly up His nose.

1John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world,
but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

2John 3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace,
from God the Father,
AND
from the Lord Jesus Christ,
the Son OF the Father, in truth and love.

Jude 1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,
to them that are sanctified by God the Father,
AND
preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Those who are Antichrists claim that "a" spirit told them to DESTROY knowledge by rhetoric, singing or playing instruments (the Hypocrites says Jesus and Ezekiel) never belonged to God and God did not give them to His Son. Rather, these spirits are MARKED by this craftiness as FOREORDAINED and will be CAST ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE. They even boast about being PREDESTINED and they are:

Jude 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness,
and denying the only Lord-God,
AND
our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rev. 1:2 Who bare record
of the WORD of God,
AND
of the TESTIMONY of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Rev. 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus:
worship God:
FOR
the testimony of Jesus
IS the SPIRIT of prophecy.

God spoke through the Prophets by the Spirit OF Christ. He defines the future reign of Messiah both inclusively and exclusively. Jesus certified as Holy Scriptures those who spoke of Him from the beginning. God gave Jesus that WORD and IT became flesh as the Testimony of Jesus.

Rev. 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos,
for the WORD of God,
AND
for the TESTIMONY of Jesus Christ.

Those who are ANTI Word or Logos or Regulative Principle are ANTI God and ANTI Christ and do not have a clue that they ARE "angels of light" and work for the DRAGON

drak-izō , A.play the buffoon, Gloss.
dra^keis , drakēnai , drakon , A.v. derkomai:—but draken: energei, prassei, is prob. f. l. for dedraken, Hsch.
geloi-astēs , ou, ho, A. jester, buffoon, Ptol. Megalop.2, LXX Jb.31.5, Poll.5.128, prob. in Luc.Merc.Cond. 4.

Rev. 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed,
which keep the commandments of God,
AND
have the TESTIMONY of Jesus Christ.

Rev. 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints:
here are they that keep the commandments of God,
AND
the faith of Jesus.

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded
for the WITNESS of Jesus,
AND
for the WORD of God,
and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

You WILL notice that the WORD IS OF God but Jesus TESTIFIES to that WORD and that WORD IS Spirit (John 6:63)

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Jan 28, 2017 11:26 PM

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

False Teachers.

January 31 2017, 9:22 AM 

Ken,
By everything you say, you and Donnie continue to mock the Word of God. You are both false teachers.
You both have been given ample opoortunity to 'Speak that which is written' and since you have failed to show your beliefs do not adhere to the standard, the Word of God, you have branded yourselves, by your own words, false teachers.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

Re: False Teachers

January 31 2017, 9:58 AM 

Donnie and Ken as false teachers? Perhaps. Whatever, I do know this: Donnie has branded himself proficient in dressing up text fonts that he imagines will induce people to adopt his often-controversial theology. Ken has branded himself proficient in nonsensical mythology, in rambling and convoluted posts, in trashing all music in worship, and in pet phrases such as "lying in wait to deceive," "liars and antichrists," and "cast into the lake of fire."

LOL happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

coordinating conjunctions not permitted in Theology

January 31 2017, 6:33 PM 

F = for

A = and

N = nor

B = but

O = or

Y = yet

S = so

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Say it with Me Ken

January 31 2017, 8:53 PM 

L = Lets Stay Positive

O = Only Positive

S = Stay Positive

E = Everything is Positive

R = Really Really Positive

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

February 1 2017, 9:49 AM 

C H A P T E R 1 8

G O D ' S T R U T H:

T H E K I N G J A M E S B I B L E ( 1611 A.D. )

T H E M I R A C L E O F E N G L I S H P R O S E

( The Traditional Majority Text In English)

T H E B A C K G R O U N D

"Just prior to the translation of the King James Bible, England had broken free of the yoke of Rome. Shortly after the Authorized Version was published, England once again started down the road back to Rome. For a brief 'parenthesis' in English history, England was free of Roman influence just long enough to translate and propagate a perfect Bible" [S1P161].

The King James Bible "... was produced during a brief period following the overthrow of Roman authority and prior to the apostasy of the Church of England. It was translated in the era when the still young English language was at its height of purity" [S1P183].

And God foresaw the widespread use of the English language. Notice that:

"English is the language of this world. English is taught to Russian pilots, because it is universal. It is learned by Oriental businessmen, because it is universal. It was the first language spoken on the moon" [S1P40].

And, God gave us the BEST English:

"The English language in 1611 was in the very best condition ... Each word was broad, simple, and generic. That is to say, words were capable of containing in themselves not only their central thoughts, but also all the different shades of meaning which were attached to that central thought.

Since then, words have lost that living, pliable breadth. Vast additions have been made to the English vocabulary during the past 300 years, so that several words are now necessary to convey the same meaning which formerly was conveyed by one" [S2P246-247].

"The English language has degenerated from what it was in 1611 to what it is today. Those claiming to put the Bible in 'modern English' are actually, though possibly not intentionally, trying to force the pure words of God into a degenerated vocabulary of today!" [S1P41].

And so, "Not only was the English language by 1611 in a more opportune condition than it had ever been before or ever would again, but the Hebrew and the Greek likewise had been brought up with the accumulated treasures of their materials to a splendid working point. The age was not distracted by the rush of mechanical and industrial achievements. Moreover linguistic scholarship was at its peak. Men of giant minds, supported by excellent physical health, had possessed in a splendid state of perfection a knowledge of the languages and literature necessary for the ripest Biblical scholarship" [S2P244-245].

18:2 T H E C A L L

"On July 22, 1604, King James of England announced that he had appointed 54 Hebrew and Greek scholars to produce a Bible, which we know today as the King James, or Authorized Version" [S16P7].

And, it was understood that if 54 scholars were not enough:

"... ALL the learned men of the land could be called upon by letter for their judgment" [S2P257].

"The Kings order was carried out with utmost zeal and knowledge in an orderly manner" [S9P1] and "... because of the careful planning the whole project was completed in less than seven years" [S8P64].

18:3 T H E M E N O F T H E K I N G J A M E S B I B L E

"Without any question there never has been a greater group of scholars gathered together at one time than the ... translators of the King James Version" [S10P5].

"The most qualified of the entire English speaking world were summoned ..." [S9P1]. "They were all eminent scholars, and they all had great reverence for the Word of God, being wholly committed to its inspiration and infallibility ..." [S13P7].

"No one can study the lives of those men who gave us the King James Bible without being impressed with their profound and varied learning" [S2P258].

"Scholar for scholar, the men on the King James translating committee were far greater men of God than Westcott, Hort, or any other new translator. They were not only educated in a powerful, anti-Roman atmosphere, but they looked at the manuscripts which they handled as the Holy Word of God" [S1P182].

"Let me show you a few of the translators of the Authorized Version. JOHN BOIS was able to read the Bible in Hebrew when five years of age! When 14 he was a proficient Greek scholar and for years he spent from 4 o'clock in the morning til eight at night in the Cambridge library studying manuscripts and languages... LANCELOT ANDREWS was the overall chairman, who was fluent in twenty languages, the greatest linguist of his day. He spent five hours a day in prayer and was so respected by the kings that orders were given, whenever Andrews was in court, there was to be no levity, no joking ... JOHN CHEDDERTON, he knew Greek, Hebrew and Latin as well as you and I know English, and better" [S10P5].

18:4 T H E O R G A N I Z E D A P P R O A C H

"Originally 54 scholars were on the list but deaths and withdrawals reduced it finally to 47" [S8P64].

"These men were organized into six groups which were to meet separately. Two groups met at Cambridge, two at Oxford and two at Westminster. Each group was designated a certain portion of Scripture to translate into the English language" [S16P7].

"Each scholar first made his own translation, then passed it on to be reviewed by each other member of his group. When each section had completed a book of the Bible, it was sent to the other five groups for their independent criticism. In this way each book went thru the hands of the entire body of translators. To guard further against possible errors another committee was formed by selecting two from each of the three companies. Then the entire version came before this select group where all differences of opinion were ironed out. It put the finishing touches upon the work, and in 1611 prepared it for the printers" [S4P102-103].

All of the work was done in the open.

18:5 T H E M A N U S C R I P T S U S E D B Y T H E

K I N G J A M E S T R A N S L A T O R S

"... it was ... the principle of the numerical majority of the readings which gave us the ... Textus Receptus" [S13P17].

"Dean Burgon a learned textural critic and collator of Manuscripts, Presbendary Miller, Dr. Scrivener and others, uphold the Textus Receptus because of the immense number of manuscripts which are in agreement with it" [S4P28].

The KJV agrees with the massive amount of witnesses (more than 5,000 Greek manuscripts) and also: "Virtually no [KJV] MSS are known to be copies of any others ..." [S6P57].

Thus, when we say that the majority of the 5,000 witnesses agree with the King James Bible, we are saying that these 5,000 witnesses are 'INDEPENDENT' witnesses.

"We can safely conclude from scholars on both sides of the issue that the vast majority of manuscripts agrees with the readings in the King James Version ... [And] Not only does the KJV have a firmer foundation numerically, but also geographically. It comes from numerous localities ..." [S3P479].

Thus, the testimony to the validity of the King James Bible is deep: 5,000 independent witnesses. And, the testimony is wide: these witnesses come from a variety of locations.

But what about the corrupted minority of Greek texts? Did the King James translators know about these manuscripts? Did they use them?

History documents that:

"... the translators of 1611 had available ALL of the variant readings of these manuscripts and rejected them" [S2P254].

Thus, the King James translators knew about the corrupted minority of manuscripts and they rejected this corruption.

The KJV translators went on to make a Bible which has been shown to be in agreement with the majority of the Greek texts.

To make the King James Bible, the translators selected and used a representative sample of the majority texts. This was easy to do because the majority texts agree with one another.

Specifically:

"The [KJV] translators drew on the earlier 16th century translations, such as the Bishop's Bible and the Geneva Bible, but especially on Tyndale's translation. His was a very great influence on the Authorised Version - it has been said that some 80% or more of the AV derives from Tyndale. In a sense the AV was the culmination of nearly a century of Bible translation ... it came out of the Reformation which was the greatest revival since the first Christian Pentecost" [S13P8].

As for the Geneva Bible, it: "... was the first English Bible to have verse numbers; the first to use italics for words that were not in the original languages, but necessary for understanding the English; the first to use the Roman type, rather than the Gothic (Old English); and they were small and inexpensive" [S9P2].

The King James Bible followed the example of the Geneva Bible. In other words, in the KJV: "All words which were not found in the Hebrew and Greek Manuscripts, were placed in italics. In this way these men [the KJV translators] made a vast difference between the words given by inspiration of God, and the words originating in the thoughts of men. This is the way it should be" [S4P103].

( Reader note: 'Modern' versions DO NOT separate God's Words from man's words. Instead the two are mixed together ).

"In conclusion, recent scholarship demonstrates that the majority of manuscripts, as seen in the traditional Greek Textus Receptus, and its translation, the King James Version, represent the earliest, broadest (numerically and geographically) and most consistent edition of the New Testament" [S3P503].

18:6 T H E R E S U L T S : R A V E R E V I E W S !

What do you get when you start with the true Word of God and then add: the anointing of the Holy Spirit, godly men in excellent health, an optimum work environment, an organized work approach, and a system of quality control though comprehensive peer reviews?

You get the following:

"The KJV reverberates with eternal familiarity" [S6Pvi].

Of the Bible: Queen Victoria said: "... That book accounts for the supremacy of England", George Washington said: "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible", Patrick Henry boasted: "The bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed" [S9P3].

"Priests, atheists, skeptics, devotees, agnostics, and evangelists, are generally agreed that the Authorized version of the English Bible is the BEST example of English literature that the world HAS EVER SEEN ..." [S2P260].

Ivy league scholars have selected the King James Bible as: "one of the FINEST samples of writing styles IN EXISTENCE" [S3P212].

"... 250 different versions of the Bible were tried in England between 1611 and now, but they ALL FELL FLAT before the majesty of the King James" [S2P253].

"[The King James Bible] was accepted in common use by the people, without coercion, and has been blessed of God as no other book of any language ..." [S9P1].

The KJV: "... has proven itself for almost 400 years, it is the most beautiful, it bears the most fruit, it produces spiritual revival, it is easiest to memorize, its readers are the most zealous to read it often" [S9P2].

"But upon the whole the version of 1611 ... is probably the best version ever made for public use. It is not simply a translation, but a living reproduction of the original scriptures in idiomatic English, by men as reverent and devout as they were learned. It reads like an original work, such as the prophets and apostles might have written in the seventeenth century for English readers. It reveals an easy mastery of the rich resources of the English language, the most cosmopolitan of all modern languages, and blends with singular felicity Saxon force and Latin melody. Even its prose reads like poetry, and sounds like music. It is the first of English classics, and the greatest modern authors have drawn inspiration from this pure well of English undefiled. Its best recommendation is its universal adoption and use ... Next to Christianity itself, the version of 1611 is the greatest boon which a kind Providence has bestowed upon the English race. It carries with it to the ends of the globe all that is truly valuable in our civilization, and gives strength, beauty, and happiness to our domestic, social, and national life" [S6P96].

"The Majority text, it must be remembered, is relatively uniform in its general character with comparatively low amounts of variation between its major representatives. NO ONE HAS YET EXPLAINED how a long, slow process spread out over many centuries as well as over a wide geographical area, and involving a multitude of copyists, who often knew nothing of the state of the text outside of their own monasteries or scriptoria, could achieve this widespread uniformity out of the diversity presented by the earlier forms of text ... an unguided process achieving relative stability and uniformity in the diversified textual, historical, and cultural circumstances in which the New Testament was copied, imposes IMPOSSIBLE strains on the imagination" [S2P34]

"Herein lies the greatest weakness of contemporary textual criticism. Denying to the Majority text any claim to represent the actual form of the original text, it is nevertheless unable to explain its rise, its comparative uniformity, and its dominance in any satisfactory manner. All of these factors CAN be rationally accounted for, however, IF THE MAJORITY TEXT REPRESENTS SIMPLY THE CONTINUOUS TRANSMISSION OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT FROM THE VERY FIRST" [S2P34].

Return to:
Table of Contents | Forum Discussion | ConcernedMembers.com

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 1 2017, 12:46 PM 

Yes, we understand that the KJV was written--for the first time in history--using Holy Ghost Words.

That is why I always Post KJV. So, what's your problem?

I have told you and told you that there is NO version which translates

Eph. 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph. 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,

Eph. 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph. 5:19 SINGING to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,

Jesus as the Christ of God supplies the SPIRIT:

John 6:63 It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth;
the FLESH profiteth nothing:
the WORDS that I SPEAK unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.

Because God knew that people would "fiddle" the Word He had John make it CLEAR unless you are made DELUSIONAL..

Col. 3:16 Let the WORD of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; TEACHING and ADMONISHING one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,

Maybe you have another version which does NOT say that ODE (opposite LEXIS) and PSALLO (a making-war word) be AMPLIFIED NOISE OUT LOUD TO SILENCE THE SPEAKING should be IN the heart which is therefore SILENT by definition and common decency.

Because no Praise Singer even pretends to TRANSLATE the Bible they Are Purpose Driven to violate the direct commands :

1Cor. 14:28 But if there be no interpreter,
let him keep silence in the church; [speak THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN for Learning]
and let him speak to himself, and to God. [sing AND psallo to GOD and therefore SILENT in the church]

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

February 1 2017, 2:28 PM 

Ken, are we running low on MEGABYTES? Never stopped you!

Most people don't know that these files are on this site.

I do this as a public service.

Who knows, you may learn something.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 2 2017, 2:20 AM 

Sarge,

Thanks for the public service. It is refreshing to know or to be reminded that these files are on this site. ConcernedMembers continues to prefer the KJV in comparison to other versions of the Bible. As one may say: "I love my KJV." Personally from experience, I find verses in the KJV easier to memorize. happy.gif

There is no perfect translation because of "human" scribes and translators -- and that's not discrediting the Word of God as perfect and its authors divinely inspired. So, let's not get the writers confused with translators.

I like the way you titled this thread: it's "eye-catching"; it's attention-getting.

[I might say, though, that later on we might consider a more advanced, mature-rated thread titled: "What's Wrong with the KJV Translation with its pro-Trinity Interpretation?"]

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

February 2 2017, 12:52 PM 

[linked image]

There is nothing wrong with the KJV Bible........But Donnie Doubts.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

February 1 2017, 4:43 PM 

Without the translators of the King James Version, and all its predecessor linguists, we owe a great debt of gratitude. It set the standard that flows into those translations built on transcripts much earlier than those used by the King James linguists. More recent translations are closer to the original texts, since they take into account manuscripts much earlier than the Textus Receptus, the base of the KJV.

Similar to the care taken with the translation of the King James, we must realize that the more current translations are subject to the same human shortcomings of translators. In many cases the King James translation is best--at least it is majestic and classical, such as the description of the receding of waters in the flood--beauty of language there in Genesis 8, early verses, and kind to the ears.

Discovery of the full meanings of Greek and Hebrew words since the King James was created gives us a much more accurate view of what the original writers intended to convey. These discoveries led to the wide latitude of translations we have today. Nevertheless, when using a modern translations, be aware of the biases and foundations of the linguists--that information can be helpful in uncovering any biases.

It is a mistake to develop a doctrine based on a single translation--other translations must be compared to give a full hearing to any religious doctrine. I'll have give Donnie latitude to critique any King James text in terms of more recent knowledge.

Of some interest here is the translation of John 4:24 from the NIV, "God is a spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Most other translations refer to "spirit" rather than "the Spirit." There is a difference. Notice "the" and notice the capitalization of Spirit, indicating the translators think this is a person. Briefly stated, there is a difference in worshiping in "the Spirit" and worshiping "in spirit."

This is not the only criticism we can have of the NIV. The KJV is much preferred on this verse.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 2 2017, 3:40 AM 

Excellently explained, Scripture!

The very few verses that Trinity advocates often quote in order to promote their dogmatic agenda fall in that category -- when considering the earlier manuscripts, the transcription of manuscripts and the biases of translators due to theological backgrounds, etc., as critical factors in determining the accuracy of the translated passage. That also explains why certain scriptures appear to contradict other scriptures. But that should and must not be the case.

Those "simple" words -- and, or, a, the, of, from, into -- are sometimes being taken for granted in crucial and critical situations, not to mention capitalization of certain words in order to conform to pre-disposed tenets. For example:

John 1:1-14. The 2nd clause "and the Word was with God" is mistranslated from the original text: "and the word was with the god" -- in this case the definite article "the" is removed from "the god" in order to affirm the held-tenet in the 3rd clause: "and the Word was God."

Hebrews 1:8,9. Trinity-influenced translators make it more dramatic with the clause: "Thy throne, O God" as if God the Father were addressing His son: "Jesus, my co-God." In examining the N.T. Greek text, "the god" is in the passage (the definite article "the" has been removed and instead replaced with the word "O" as in "O God" or "Oh God").

Isaiah 9:6. The original text has been interpreted by Trinity-influenced translators, rather than translated. In context and in proper translation, the passage has nothing to do with the prophesied Messiah being compared to or matching the nature of God the Father. Rather, it has to do with the prophecy of Jesus (unto us a child is born) and being the father of the age (originator of his kingdom), the mighty ruler of his government (not "mighty Jehovah").

There are other passages, when taken in context, should not appear contradictory to the truth that Jesus is the Son of God -- supported by some 140 passages in the New Testament. The claim that "Jesus is God" and at the same time that "Jesus is the Son of God" is inexplicable and contradictory.

Based on non-contradicting scriptures, Jesus, as God's only begotten Son, is not diminished as "the image of God," "the image of the invisible God," the mediator between God and men, and now sitting on the right hand of God.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Blame it On Everyone But Me

February 1 2017, 10:00 PM 

He says "Speak that which is written" if it backs what he likes. If someone else 'speaks that which is written' and it doesn't conform to his liking and tradition, then he either ignores those (even though they are verbatim from KJV), or uses the POPE and TRINITY clause and use of the THE articles of Greek grammar explanation, or make it lower case, make Jesus just a 'god', and again....blame it on those biased pope-loving translators.

Works every time.

I mean there is only a few verses that confirm that Jesus is God. There are so many verses that confirm that Jesus is the Son and that God is the Father of Jesus. Soooooooooooooo.....why not just exclude and/or ignore those verses that state (without a shadow of a doubt) that Jesus is God.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Blame it On Everyone But Me

February 2 2017, 10:06 AM 

why not just exclude and/or ignore those verses that state (without a shadow of a doubt) that Jesus is God.

Why not? Why, that would call Jesus Who is now HOLY SPIRIT a liar.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom. 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
1Cor. 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
2Pet. 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

February 2 2017, 11:12 AM 

I think I will just take a student AUDIT on Ken's class. I have seen this lineup before, and it's a HOOT!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 2 2017, 11:52 AM 

Not until you do prepositions and conjunctions 101aaa.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 712 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter