Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The Gender-Neutral Movement

January 5 2017, 12:09 AM 

Not to worry: they say that we are saved by FAITH alone but you don't know anyone who can answer "Saved from WHAT?" Here is the obscure clue:

Eph. 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph. 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world,
.....according to the prince of the power of the air,
.....the spirit THAT now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph. 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
.....fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
.....and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

What are we MADE SAFE FROM? Exactly what they impose by slithering and slipping:

[linked image]

Paul and John expected people trained from their youth in the synagogue or SCHOOL of Scripture and life skills to understand the PERSONIFIED SPIRIT:

spīrĭtus ,
spiro, a breathing or gentle blowing of air, a breath, breeze (syn.: aura, flatus).
1. The air: imber et ignis, spiritus et gravis terra,
2. An exhalation, smell, odor:
3. Breathed air, a breath: “quojus tu legiones difflavisti spiritu,”
C.1. In abstr., a breathing:
C.2 The breath of a god, inspiration: “
3 The breath of life, life:
B (Mostly poet. and in post-Aug. prose.) Spirit, soul, mind.

II. A. (Class.) A haughty spirit, haughtiness, pride, arrogance; also, spirit, high spirit, energy, courage
spiritum Phoebus [Apollon] mihi, Phoebus artem Carminis [singing and playing] dedit, poetic spirit or inspiration

2. The Spirit OF God.

And they would understand that OF is a preposition!

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

KEN, Here is a Clue!

January 5 2017, 7:43 AM 

John 3:16 Context

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

January 5 2017, 9:43 AM 

Ken, why are you tip-toeing at midnight on the Gender-Neutral Movement thread? HUM..

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 5 2017, 11:27 AM 

I rarely give up before midnight: sometimes 1 or 2. I just passed 86 and still picking up speed.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

January 5 2017, 12:02 PM 

Don't forget, Sargeant wants to be in charge of language, timing, schedule, psychological, and personal qualities.

If I were to ask his age, this might be like him and be too intrusive. . . .

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

January 5 2017, 12:04 PM 

In fact, if I said that Sargeant was "anal" that might be even a better application of the word.

Someone who looks on the negative side of things. . . .

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

God to Jesus: 'O God' or 'Oh God' or 'O My God'?????

January 6 2017, 1:43 AM 

Dave said earlier (in "READ IT" on January 2 2017, 1:24 PM):
There is only ONE God. That is God and Jesus. I know I know, Donnie. You believe I sound confusing. One God, both God Himself and Jesus. Jesus WAS/IS has ALWAYS BEEN a part of God. That is why God made Adam and Eve to have children in likeness of Him giving us Jesus. Jesus is the ONLY Begotten Son, being FROM and OF God. We have children, they are not us but yet they are OF US. Jesus is no different, yet even greater than us because He is OF GOD. None of us can claim anything as special as the bond between God and Jesus. [Emphases mine, d.c.]

Dave,

Not only that you sound confusing but also that you are confused. Can you imagine explaining all that to someone you're trying to convert to Christ, especially an English professor? The English expert will probably end up teaching you grammar instead: that the preposition "of" ... the conjunction "and" ... and other words or expressions (only, both, from, one God) have specific meanings.

Most of the time, you've been reciting the Trinitarian words and expressions: "Jesus is God, Jesus is God"; God exclaiming to Jesus: "O God" or "Oh God"; and before long, God and Jesus and God's Spirit greeting each other: "O co-God" or "O fellow God."

So, Dave thinks that he is reading the true text in the Bible when he is actually hearing the voice of the Trinity-biased translators.

Here's Dave's chance to read the original text from Hebrews 1:8,9 in readable New Testament Greek without capitalization and punctuation (first). Then, the English word-for-word conversion of the text without capitalization and punctuation:

N.T. GREEK:
[8] pros de ton huion ho thronos sou ho theos eis ton aiona tou aionos rabdos euthutetos he rabdos tes basileias sou
[9] egapesas dikaiosunen kai emisesas anomian dia touto echrisen se ho theos ho theos sou elaion agalliaseos para tous metochous sou

(Assistance: kai = and; ho = the; theos = god; ho theos = the god; eis = into; sou = of-you)

ENGLISH CONVERSION:
[8] toward yet the son the throne of-you the god into the eon of-the eon the rod of-straightness the rod of-the kingdom of-you.
[9] you-love justice and you-hate un-lawness thru this anoints you the god the god of-you olive-oil of-exulting beside the partners of-you.

(Further assistance: Only "ho theos" ["the god"] is used throughout the 2 verses. "The God" [in English] refers to the only one true God the Father. The exclamation "O God" or "Oh God" is nowhere to be found in the Greek text. In verse 9, see if you can find "God, your God, anoints you....")

Dave, if you haven't trusted me before as quoting from the original text in New Testament Greek, then here's your opportunity to "technically" see or read now what I've been telling you.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Speak That Which is Written

January 6 2017, 1:58 PM 

And I am confusing??? Donnie, thank you for telling everyone what I have been trying to tell them for years. YOU DON'T know the Word.

PROOF, you're English conversion

[8] toward yet the son the throne of-you the god into the eon of-the eon the rod of-straightness the rod of-the kingdom of-you.
[9] you-love justice and you-hate un-lawness thru this anoints you the god the god of-you olive-oil of-exulting beside the partners of-you.

Would you use this to teach someone or try to use this to interpret to others those two verses in Hebrews 1?

"...toward yet the son..."
"...you the god the god of-..."

I don't confuse others by stating what the Word says....that God and Jesus are one. I just rely on the power of God, using the KJV translators to give us the Word that He wanted us to have.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 The same was in the beginning with God.3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Hebrews1
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Hey, Donnie, just doing what Ken CLAIMS to do,,,,'speak that which is written.'

Hey, Ken, I know that you think that you can't give a lot of credence to just a NAME, do you see anywhere where any of the authors have been been bold enough to call anyone, other than Jesus, The Mighty God??? It's JUST a name, right?

Donnie, now that the NIV and KJV are off your list, which translation is next on your chopping block?

Thanks again, and please, Keep Telling Me!
happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

January 6 2017, 11:11 AM 

WARNING:

Script has an ANAL fixation. Ze suffers from anal-retentive disorder.

[psychology, psychiatry] exhibiting anal personality traits | [insulting, informal] being excessively concerned with trivial details

I will be taking a wide turn around this BIRD.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 6 2017, 5:57 PM 

Published by me at your own risk, Sarge. I think that your post above explains your own mind's preoccupation.

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

Roll Tide!

January 7 2017, 9:44 AM 

Roll Tide! Clemson has a good team. Should be a great game. I will be on extended break through the spring. See ya later!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Speak That Which is Written

January 6 2017, 6:51 PM 

Dave,

Let's continue our discussion of Trinity-related issues in your "Jehovah's Witnesses" thread.

Regarding the word-for-word conversion of the text in New Testament Greek, translators use the same process or methodology of recognizing the definition of each word without regard for the Greek text with no capitalization and punctuation marks.

Translation becomes a colossal issue when there's bias based on held or preconceived doctrinal concepts; when grammatical rules of a language are applied; and how [they think] the end-product can be "understood" by the reader. That's the main reason why there are [HOW MANY?] several Bible versions.

Briefly: "anoints you the god the god of-you":

The KJV translation is quite good with the commas: "God, even thy God, hath anointed thee...."

But Dave is misinterpreting the KJV translation by paraphrasing it with the belief that "Jesus is God": "God, God has anointed you."

That's why word-for-word conversion is very significant in understanding why there are cases where translators are doing interpreting, instead of accurately translating.

Yes, we will do word-for-word conversion of John 1:1-3,14; Isaiah 9:6; etc.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

KJV is GOOD!

January 6 2017, 7:42 PM 

The word for word has already been done (KJV), and Donnie is not the Greek teacher, remember?

God would never mean His Word to be hard to understand, as you would want it to be. And why do want to have it hard to undrestand, Donnie?

As you say,"Translation becomes a colossal issue when there's bias based on held or preconceived doctrinal concepts;..."

YOU have a bias, tradition led thinking. You will not stop until you have changed the Word to what YOU want, even to the point of changing it's very meaning.

The Word does not need you help. It stands alone

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: KJV is GOOD!

January 6 2017, 8:48 PM 

Dave,

Yes, the KJV is good. I would rate it the highest when compared to other versions of the Bible.

But translations are never perfect. And that's neither to question God's full inspiration of His Word nor to question the inspired authors/writers of the books of the Bible. I still have hope that you're mature enough to recognize the fact that in translating there's the human element of biases and preconceived notions, views and beliefs in some of the translators.

The KJV is better than most of the other translations in that between the 16th and 17th centuries, there weren't that many religious denominations as there are now. However, history shows that the Trinity dogma (pagan-influenced and Catholic-invented) was already prevalent around the 4th century -- several centuries prior to the KJV of 1611.

The intent of my showing you the word-for-word conversion [which is not my own] of the Hebrews text was not to give you the idea that that's how it should be published. Rather, it was for you -- if you have/had the patience and the technical know-how -- to recognize the distortion of the Trinity-biased translation of that text. (No, Dave, while I'm not that Greek professor, I did have 12 semester units of New Testament Greek during my undergraduate studies.)

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Futility

January 7 2017, 12:51 PM 

Donnnie, I am through with it. You take it and do with it whatever you want. Even when shown what the meaning is from an actual Greek teacher you still don't want to believe it. You always know more.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Futility [No: Be Informed]

January 8 2017, 2:02 AM 

Dave,

Your actual Greek teacher was debating a Jehovah's Witnesses belief system that Jesus cannot be God (the Father, the only one true God) in John 1:1-14. While I disagree with the JW regarding its other teachings, the JW is closer to the truth than the Roman Catholic Church and the papacy regarding the Trinity dogma for which you have a DEEP affinity.

Just be aware, Dave, that the Trinity dogma had its beginning, but not in the way you think and have convinced yourself.

The Old Testament is clear: There was NO "God in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity" in the lives of God's followers in that dispensation.

In the early N.T. church of Christ (1st century A.D.), there was NO "God in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity" in New Testament Christianity, either.

During the Restoration Movement, the Trinity dogma was not embraced, endorsed, nor taught by the Restoration leaders. Even publishers and authors of hymnbooks until a few decades ago had a popular hymn this way: "Holy, holy holy! Lord God Almighty! ... God over all, and blest eternally" rather than "Holy, holy, holy! ... God in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity."

Yes, the Trinity dogma was culture-driven, pagan-influenced (check out Christianity during the Roman Empire). The Trinity dogma was invented by what was to officially become the Roman Catholic Church [Catholicism in progress at the time]. And speaking of "myths," the origin of the Trinity myth was in the 4th century (cf. Catholic Encyclopedia). Constantine presided the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. and ruled. The "bishops" [with the exception of two] signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination.

There you have a little bit of the history of Trinity that you're so afraid to acknowledge or accept.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Nuff Said

January 8 2017, 9:38 AM 

Donnie said "While I disagree with the JW regarding its other teachings, the JW is closer to the truth than the Roman Catholic Church and the papacy regarding the Trinity dogma for which you have a DEEP affinity."

JW group is NOT closer to any such truth. That you would present such an idea shows where your walk with God is.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Nuff Said

January 8 2017, 3:34 PM 

Sounds like you're STILL lacking in knowledge of the history of the Trinity MYTH. Even the JW knows about the origin and history of the Trinity myth.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Seeking the Lost

January 8 2017, 7:02 PM 

You are right. I am lacking in knowledge of the of the history of the Trinity MYTH. I could care less about it. I concentrate on what I SHOULD know. Not myths, not traditions that you behold too, but only the Word.

So take on your witch hunts as you try and RESAVE the saved and those that you believed aren't faithful to the Word. I will do what God has instructed with looking for those who don't have Jesus as their savior and need His salvation.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Seeking the Lost

January 8 2017, 7:16 PM 

I'm for the Word, too, Dave.

The truth talks about myths, but truth and myths [including the man-concocted Trinity myth) don't mix. And myths can be dispelled with the truth.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 7 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter