Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

About 20 of 12,000 Church of Christ Congregations

December 26 2016 at 2:20 AM
IM News  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 23.127.32.146

Please note the date of this article. It's been almost 2 years. How is progress coming along? Does anyone know?

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/06/church-of-christ-instrumental-music/24499691/

Church of Christ opens door to musical instruments

Heidi Hall, The Tennessean 12:47 p.m. EST March 6, 2015

BRENTWOOD, Tenn. — A Nashville-area church is starting something radical — at least by Church of Christ standards — allowing musical instruments at one of its Sunday services.

It's such a switch for Otter Creek Church, a 1,800-member traditionally a cappella congregation, that its leadership team spent months deciding a strategy and will take months more putting it in place.

About 20 of 12,000 Church of Christ congregations nationwide offer instrumental music, said Carl H. Royster, author of a survey published by Nashville-based 21st Century Christian publishers.

The first handful started making the change about a decade ago, including popular megachurch leader Max Lucado's Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. Some faced backlash from other congregations.

Church music wars battle for souls with song (In many U.S. churches today, worship musicians bang the drums for God and singers croon as if Christ were their boyfriend .... http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2011-11-16/church-music-traditional-contemporary/51247368/1 )

Even now, 13 years after The Branch, a multicampus Church of Christ congregation in Dallas, introduced instrumental music, Google searches on it and senior minister Chris Seidman yield scathing denunciations.

"A lot of churches from our heritage cut us off," said Seidman, whom Otter Creek leaders consulted leading up to this week's announcement. "But the larger Churches of Christ, they were actually very firm in embracing us."

Tennessee has the second-highest number of Church of Christ congregations in the USA with nearly 150 in Nashville's home county of Davidson and Williamson County, where Brentwood is located, alone.

Church of Christ commitment to a cappella dates to the faith's emergence in the 1800s Restoration Movement.

Churches of Christ don't consider themselves a denomination since they have no central hierarchy, but from the beginning, autonomous congregations shared a commitment to simplicity and mirroring first-century Christians. That included not purchasing organs or organizing bands.

Scriptural citations backing the a cappella tradition include a passage in Ephesians about singing hymns and making music in the heart. But Otter Creek's preaching and teaching minister, Josh Graves, said church history is a stronger influence.

"A cappella is like Latin," Graves said. "It is beautiful. It speaks to people at a certain level, but the problem is that a lot of people don't speak Latin.

A cappella voices carry a growing trend to mainstream - USATODAY: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-05-26-a-cappella-trend_N.htm )

"What people in the Churches of Christ call instrumental music, other people just call music," he said. "It's English."

And in Music City, the appeal of instrumental music is undeniable. Graves said his church has no intention of alienating other congregations, only of better connecting to the community in Nashville and Brentwood.

Otter Creek, where the congregation's average age is 27, already experimented with instrumental music in a Wednesday vespers service; young adult, children's ministry, and student ministry gatherings; and special worship for Good Friday, Christmas and other holidays.

Beginning in September, one of the two Sunday services will feature instruments, Graves said.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sarge
(no login)

Re: About 20 of 12,000 Church of Christ Congregations

December 26 2016, 9:26 AM 

Fire the "Church Reporter"! Donnie (not on my watch) Cruz has sit on this news for 2 years! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: About 20 of 12,000 Church of Christ Congregations

December 26 2016, 2:33 PM 

Sarge,

These are accomplishments of the Change Agents in the brotherhood -- transforming and transitioning church of Christ congregations into Community Churches.

The linked report said:
In many U.S. churches today, worship musicians bang the drums for God and singers croon as if Christ were their boyfriend.
And an example of the "Musical Worship" content:
Oh, I was made for this: to know Your tender kiss, to know a love divine, to know this love is mine.... My feet were made to dance ... You give me more and more, for I was made for You.... I felt Your warm embrace.... Oh, I was made for this. I was made to love You Jesus....

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

A Few of the Infiltrate and Divert: Robbers of Temples

December 26 2016, 12:01 PM 

We have discussed Farmer's Branch and Otter Creek in several threads. Many churches have imposed what they call a Musical worship or praise team which is a Virtual Instrumental band. John T. Willis-ACU--Highland as the "father" of most discord has added instruments. His "Mentor"was Jo Bass the mother of the charismatic holy-spirit leading.

http://www.piney.com/Highland.Churchs.of.Christs.Instrumental.Music.html

You must have IMPOSED instruments or AFFIRM instruments to be able to BUY AND SELL at Lipscomb or their yearly Church Councils claiming authority as THOUGHT LEADERS to spread heresy.

An attempt was made on my once-church in Hohenwald. Having failed but "grew" the group from a happy close to 300 down to about a hundred. They failed--for the moment--and took over a group in Columbia, tn with the ploy that they wouldn't use instruments but did not condemn them. Well, that was then but this is now when they got the "church house" built. Russ Adcox working with the KAIROS movement helping the North Boulevard Grop.

http://www.piney.com/Russ.Adcox.Great.Debate.Instrumental.Music.html

Brentwood Hills has a Worship Team Which has the same Bible-mocking concept as a literal instrumental Band.

North Boulevard Church in Murfreesboro has a worship team and would love to add and will add "machines for doing hard work."

http://www.piney.com/Elders.North.Boulevard.Church.Approve.Instrumental.Worship.html

North Atlanta Church of Christ where my daughter attended and was married: as usual they lie like dogs about the "music--worship" concept and as noted it IS a literal Armageddon (Polemic battle of words) where you can get robbed, forced to divorce and other psychological acts of violence.

North Atlanta Church of Christ adds Instruments as Planned.

http://www.piney.com/North.Atlanta.Church.of.Christ.Instrumental.Music.html

Harpeth Hills in Nashville:

http://www.piney.com/Harpeth.Hills.Church.of.Christ.Instrumental.Music.html

Heritage Church of Christ Instrumental Music following Rick Atchley: they always wait for the new property to OUT their hidden agenda as the 20/20 vision.

http://www.piney.com/Heritage.Church.of.Christ.Instrumental.Music.html

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: A Few of the Infiltrate and Divert: Robbers of Temples

December 26 2016, 12:30 PM 

Church of Christ commitment to a cappella dates to the faith's emergence in the 1800s Restoration Movement.

That is the RED HERRING always dragged along by the Apostates. A cappella meant "in the Sistine Chapel, capella, caper or goat-skinned tent." It is proper that the GOATS have a building named after the "cappella" usually a SHE GOAT.

There had been no instruments other than the Anglical-Church of England-Catholic thread.
The year is 1847. Rev. Daniel Payne is the pastor of Bethel. He has been an educator since 1829 and an ordained minister since 1839. At Bethel he conducted schools for Baltimore children and had always stressed the need for an educated ministry. He is responsible for purchasing the organ that was used during worship in 1847. Thus, Bethel Baltimore became the first A.M.E. Church to have instrumental music during church services. The same organ is on display in the Bethel Museum.

Because he was an advocate of unpopular practices such as instrumental music in worship service, an educated ministry, and church reforms, the church he was assigned to after Bethel in 1850 refused to accept him as their new pastor. His proposal for a systematic program of studies for ministerial education was accepted by the A.M.E. Church, and he was ordained a Bishop in 1852. He later became president of Wilberforce University, and an A.M.E. college in Birmingham, Alabama, is named for him. In the Bethel Museum, there is an historic photograph of him meeting Frederick Douglass.

Stephen speaks of the Church in the Wilderness: It was a Church of Christ (the Rock) guided by God's Spirit separating the godly people from the Jacob-cursed and God-Abandoned Levites to who the worship of the STARRY HOST was assigned. The synagogue under various terms for assembly was quarantined to their local area and was the place for the only PATTERN God ever ordained:

The assembly was EXCLUSIVE of vocal or instrumental rejoicing or rhetoric,.
It was INCLUSIVE of REST from the pagan assemblies of the seventh day, its pattern was to READ AND REHEARSE the Word.

THE ASSEMBLY:

Qahal (h6951) kaw-hawl'; from 6950; assemblage (usually concr.): - assembly, company, congregation, multitude.

"A community, qahal in Hebrew, is a Jewish community of any size. The qahal was a well established concept and was called an ekklesia in the Nazarean Codicil. In English we translate the Greek ekklesia as church. So, whenever we see the word church in our Nazarean Codicil's, we should have in mind the concept of a qahal, a community or congregation.

The Septuagint uses the word Ecclesia seventy times when it translates the Hebrew word: kve (qahal could also be spelled Cahal), from which we get our English word call. It means to call together, to assemble, or gather together.

The synagogue serves the same purpose for a COMMUNITY that the Temple served for the nation. (Greg Killian)

From this midrash we learn that the study and application of the scriptures and the oral law, are the work that a group of people put in to establish a qahal. However, without a structure to impart this wisdom, the qahal will not prosper. The structure that establishes and prospers a qahal is the synagogue.

THAT ONE PIECE PATTERN IS DEFINED OVER AND OVER IN SCRIPTURE

The Holy Convention was held on FIRST and EIGHTH days of festivals and later on each REST day. SABBATH was a day "of worship" in Babylon and in Jerusalem for those God had ABANDONED to worship the starry host including Apollon leader of the Muses (locusts) or his worship team.

[linked image]

ONLY the Lord's Supper was added to the one-piece pattern and showing forth is "preaching" the death of Jesus WITHOUT singing, humming, clapping, playing or whistling. If you mutually confess that Jesus died to gain the right to be the ONLY Teacher, it becomes easy for both men and women to be silent and sedentary "so that we might all be saved or SAFE and come to a knowledge of the truth."

If they will "steal the church houses of widows" they will have no problem lying that you need to pay THEM for a host of WORLD-CENTERED efforts intended to WIN THE TURF BATTLE. For that, you don't need a godly preacher but an ALPHA MALE and FEMALE.

Respond to this message   
Ken Hills
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Otter Creek Zoe "worship" team

December 26 2016, 5:43 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Otter Creek Zoe "worship" team

December 26 2016, 7:24 PM 

I don't see the voodoo drums: this must be the "traditional you ain't good enough for our good instruments."

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Otter Creek Zoe 'Worship' Team

December 26 2016, 7:40 PM 

You are correct: this was a pre-VOODOO Drums era while the Zoe worship was in transition. Would you help me find an image of worshiping musicians banging the drums for God?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 26 2016, 7:24 PM 

882858_536704456380117_2105863647_o.jpg?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 26 2016, 8:03 PM 

Here is Russ Adcox who didn't quite make the infiltrate and divert in Hohenwald: he went to Columbia and boiled the frogs until they began to play. Jimmy Adcox sponsor of the Kairos Church planting plot is actively working with the elders at North Boulevard to take the MARK where the BEAST is defined as A new form of music or Satyric (cappella) Drama. You remember that PAN was that little perverted half goat. Kairos is also Hermes the inventor of Apollon's lyre and Kairos time is the right TIME and the right PLACE to launch an attack. The Nashville Wrecking crew decided that the Pope's Jubilee 2,000 was the right time to RESTRUCTURE all churches of Christ to Instruments, Music and promoting a WORLD view where the world is the kosmos or the ecumenical as the 'kingdom of the Devil.'

[linked image]

Here is Max Lucado's witch doctor

[linked image]

Your image is the most disgusting abominable persona even without the Moloch drums. It is beyond the realm of a Disciple of Christ to present and even sell your body claiming that you can do what Jesus died to do.

They are standing in "their" holy place claiming to lead you into the presence of God.

That they cannot grasp how repulsive and arrogant they are proves that they are OF the World and therefore not OF TRUTH.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 27 2016, 12:00 AM 

Mark Henderson of Quail Springs followed Rick Atchley's rationale (?) for imposing instruments. Of the 900 members when the announcement was made about 300 walked out then or shortly. They had become ecumenical with a Baptist Group which was always glade to "unite" to steal your sheep. Things degenerated until the property had to be sold.

The Springs
The Springs Church of Christ is currently meeting for class and worship at the Northside Christian Church.
2526 NW 122nd St.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73120
the church office is located at 2932 nw 122nd St., ste. h, oklahoma city, ok 73120

If you watch the sermons you can see the instruments. Why do you suppose that people will SELF DESTRUCT just to enthuse over boys and girls picking and frowning?

Where did all of the money qo? Maybe someone can tell.

Bruce Macintyre handles Truth Casting at Quail. Bruce was imported by Russ Adcox returning with a Purpose Driven Agenda which included changing the name, women participation, being cozy with denominations but not the "low class church", and ready to impose instruments. Ooops! that was after they picked my pocket because they knew their hidden agenda after trying the "masculine journey" at Promise Keepers 1996 which was the same soul-rupturing of my investment in Seattle. It will make Dave happy that you can't even fool an earthworm three times in a row

Bruce went to Quail Springs and became a part of the Instrumental Dislocation. God will always get you when you lie to Him and About Him.

Thalrgelia in Greek religion, one of the chief festivals of Apollo at Athens, celebrated on the sixth and seventh days of Thargelion (May-June). Basically a vegetation ritual upon which an expiatory rite was grafted, the festival was named after the first fruits, or the first bread from the new wheat.

On the first day of the festival, one or two men (or a man and a woman), representing the deity but also acting as scapegoats for community guilt, were first led through the city and then driven out. Occasionally, as in times of heavy calamity, they were sacrificed, being either thrown into the sea or burned on a funeral pyre . On the second day of the festival, there were a thanks offering, a procession, and the official registration of adopted persons. On the second day choruses of men and boys took part in musical contests, the prize for which was a tripod. Further, on this day adopted persons were solemnly received into the genos and phratria of their adoptive parents.

The use of scapegoats [cappella] has a long and varied history involving many kinds of animals, as well as human beings. In ancient Greece, human scapegoats (pharmakos) were used to mitigate a plague or other calamity or even to prevent such ills. The Athenians chose a man and woman for the festival of Thargelia. After being feasted, the couple was led around the town, beaten with green twigs, driven out of the city, and possibly even stoned. In this way the city was supposedly protected from ill fortune for another year.

The "fruitish" staff of the Babylon Mother of Harlots (Rev 17) were craftsmen, speakers, singers or instrument players: John called them SORCERERS [pharma] who HAD once deceived the whole world. Therefore they would be or are being CAST ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

The Pharmakos defines the SORCERY

Epôidê Ion. and poet. epa^oidê , hê, A. song sung to or over: hence, enchantment, spell, epaoidêi d' haima..eschethon Od.19.457 , cf. Pi.P.4.217 ; ou pros iatrou sophou thrênein epôidas pros tomônti pêmati S.Aj. 582 oute pharmaka..oud' au epôidai Pl.R. 426b ; charm for or against

Hebrew Sa'ir La-'aza'zel ("goat for Azazel"), in the Old Testament ritual of Yom Kippur (Lev. 16:8&10), a goat symbolically burdened with the sins of the Jewish people. Some scholars believe that the animal was chosen by lot to placate Azazel, a wilderness demon, then outside Jerusalem to rid the nation of its iniquities.

Jesus makes the choice of time to come and remove the LAMPS at the same time He removes the sorcerers (singers, players, actors). Perhaps without knowing it those who confess to rejecting Scripture in favor of 'theology' (the study of Apollon in the Greek) picked on the A CAPPELLA mark of the castratos in a vain attempt to DIVERT God's wrath from them?

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Bang That Drum

December 27 2016, 10:00 AM 

'I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day
I don't want to play
I just want to bang on the drum all day'

--ask me if you need to know the author--

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

December 27 2016, 11:45 AM 

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psalm 103:1-2 KJV

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 27 2016, 12:13 PM 

Ps 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Ps 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

BLESS IS: h1288. barak, baw-rak´; a primitive root; to kneel; by implication to bless God (as an act of adoration), and (vice-versa) man (as a benefit);

Scripture always includes the WORDS: you don't sing "bless the Lord, bless the Lord, bless the Lord."

Why? Because He:

Ps 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Ps 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Ps 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Ps 103:6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
Ps 103:16 For the wind [ruwach "spirit"] passeth over it, and it is gone;
.....and the place thereof shall know it no more.

ALWAYS CONDITIONAL:

Ps 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
.....upon them that fear him,
.....and his righteousness unto children's children;
Ps 103:18 To such as keep his covenant,
.....and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
Ps 103:19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens;
..... and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Those who obey and are baptized have their "spirits" translated into a heavenly kingdom. Jesus Christ is the HEAD of the Church (whatever the senior pastor claims) and God's kingdom does NOT come with observation defined as religious operations beyond "that which is written for our learning."

Ps 103:20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength,
.....that do his commandments,
.....hearkening unto the voice of his word.

His Word is Dabar or Logos the opposite of human opinion, music or acting.

Ps 103:21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts;
.....ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Ps 103:22 Bless the LORD,
.....all HIS works in all places of his dominion:
.....bless the LORD, O my soul.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 27 2016, 1:00 PM 

A Worship Team is a legalistic end run around not using mechanical voices: the Purpose Driving them by using songs written for instruments it to actually modify the minds of people. In many places the introduction of a "praise team" has been such an offense that only only a very small number "go all the way."

After you have changed the bylaws and changed ownership of the "institution" making it impossible for those who have been robbed to rob it back from them. They cannot grasp the meaning of "worship IN Spirit" is a place opposite of Jerusalem or Samaria. There is no history which does not identify the very rare male singer-instrument player as having the "female sickness."

Worship Planning - Form a worship planning team that will help you plan services to correspond with the message so that all songs match the theme of the message. Introduce video projection of sermon notes and words of the songs at this point.

Hymn Arrangements - Introduce new arrangements of favorite hymns.

Introduce Some Praise Choruses - Start with a new chorus of the month.

Gradually increase the number of choruses, gauging the response of your church family as you go. Some will readily embrace this change. Others will gradually come along. Still others will reject this outright -- try to help THEM see the validity of what YOU are doing.

Move Into a Blended Service - This will happen naturally as you continue to introduce praise choruses.

Begin to Use a Praise Team - This and the next step are the most challenging part of the worship transition. When some people see a Praise Team in front of them, they think, “We are changing,” and the reaction can be extreme.

Introduce Other Instruments - Gradually de-emphasize the piano and organ while introducing other instruments like guitars and drums.

This transition can be started with Sunday night services and carefully introduced to Sunday morning. For those churches who do not have Sunday night services,one option is to start a week night praise service that utilizes these other instruments.

In the words of my old "investment" in Murfreesboro:

As leaders [meaning David Young] of North Boulevard,

.....WE commit to exercising wisdom as we strike a constructive balance
.....between maintaining our continuity with the past [traditions, legalism]
.....while at the same time trying
.....to speak a language that communicates to a diverse world in the present.

Jesus, as promised, returned as Holy Spirit at Pentecost and began leading the Apostles (only) into all truth. Peter outlawed private interpretation or further expounding of the "memory" he and others were leaving. This is the WAY or Mark for false teachers. He-They believe that their silly opinions is a "spirit" person telling them to sow discord and lie, cheat and steal the church houses of widows.

WE remember the counsel of Solomon:
.....“By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established” (Prov. 24:3).
.....Styles, traditions, and methods will change with or without us.
.....WE commit to making changes wisely, carefully,
.....and with the consensus of the leadership team.

Solomon also said:
Prov. 9:1 Wisdom HATH builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

Solomon also said:
Prov. 24:1 Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.
Prov. 24:2 For their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.

Malus carmen, i. e. an incantation, burdensome As a term of abuse, plague, mischief, torment, fraud to embezzle a thing from a person, wise or SOPHIST.

Consensus Meaning: agree with the senior pastor's program or RESIGN so we can claim CONSENSUS.

WE commit to seeking to give THE church adequate explanation
.....for changes WE make and to
.....giving the church fair time to PROCESS the changes.

If you obey the command from the wilderness onward to PREACH the Word (only) by READING the Word then WE can fully understand what the READER has read: that is the direct command, the example of Jesus and the command in the epistles.

WE commit to listening to THE church as it seeks to understand
.....what the leadership at North Boulevard is doing.
WE will try to work slowly and wisely
.....so as to avoid disorder, disunity, and needless confusion
.....as WE try to speak the Gospel
.....In a world with multiple opinions and tastes.

In fact, the Unity in Diversity means that YOU must agree with OUR diversity or YOU "should get over it or get out."

Jesus gifted ELDERS as the pastor teachers and job-one was to EXCISE the cunning craftsmen or SOPHISTS who are rhetoricians, singers or instrument players. The REASON you must do precision surgery is that THEY ARE LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Dec 27, 2016 1:11 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Hezekiah wrote that.

December 27 2016, 11:48 AM 

'I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day
I don't want to play
I just want to bang on the drum all day'

--ask me if you need to know the author--

I know who wrote it and who wants to repeat the Hezekiah Pattern: at one of my investments the female teachers taught the kiddies that this was

Hezekiah gave the enemy a tour of his temple: something like boasting about all of their "space" and great works. Isaiah thought that he was foolish: his descendants would go into slavery. However, it didn't matter as long as during his time he could go to the temple and play his harp.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

Otter Creek

December 27 2016, 4:07 PM 

More about Otter Creek. Sad sacks need not hit the link.

http://ottercreek.org/about/what-we-believe/

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Otter Creek

December 27 2016, 4:18 PM 

That's where God wants you collected by the Locusts or Muses!

Proof that they do not know nor care what the Scriptures say.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Dec 27, 2016 4:44 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 27 2016, 5:29 PM 

12 statements of "What We Believe" without a single scripture quoted!!!

For example: Salvation (forgiveness of sins) is received through faith BEFORE BAPTISM. "Baptism," along with "relationships" is included in a list of drawing "close to God":
God has given the church special ways in which we can draw close to God personally and enjoy God's blessings. These include baptism, prayer, worship, preaching, Communion, Bible study, serving the poor, spiritual gifts, fasting, and relationships.

Did the elders approve this belief system written by whomever[?] ... or did they author it themselves?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 27 2016, 5:49 PM 

That's what the Baptist Church, along with other Protestant denominations, teaches:

"Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior by faith, and you are SAVED (your sins are forgiven right now). Now that you're a Christian, submit to be baptized anytime now or later [next Sunday is O.K.]."

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter