Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Trinity: FHU, S.T.O.P. Isaiah 59 missing the Old Paths

April 22 2017 at 8:57 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 24.151.202.16

Some claim to walk on the Old Paths: Jesus said that it is the WAY that is called a SECT. The Paths or Highway is impossible to find by those OF The World, Kosmos, Ecumenical or the kingdom OF the Devil. Jesus said that the Sons of the Devil can be found "Speaking on their own."

http://www.piney.com/Isaiah.59.Seek.The.Old.Paths.html

I thought that Scripture was going to do some monitoring and take the abuse? In addition I have suggested that he expand his comments.

Besides garden and yard I have been trying to turn up the heat on those who claim that MONOTHEISM is not in the Bible and clearly preach POLYTHEISM. However well FHU has saved itself from being infiltrated and diverted by the NACC, the pagan and then Catholic trinity made more radical by LU is one of those "salvation issues."

One correspondent: Second, just because a word is not found in the Bible doesn’t mean it can’t be useful in capturing Biblical concepts. Words like atheism, divinity, incarnation, and monotheism are not found in the Bible either, yet we still use them. (Even the word Bible is not found in the, well, Bible.) We just need to ensure Scripture defines OUR doctrine of the Trinity, instead of us projecting an extra-biblical understanding onto Scripture.

In fact ALL of those teachings are in the Bible for those claiming enough scholarship to PREACH for a living and able to read a lexicon.

legō 1.to say, speak,to say something, i. e. to speak to the point or purpose,
9.to boast of, tell of, Xen.: to recite what is written, labe to biblion kai lege

Lexiko^s , ē, on,
A.of or for words, lexikon (sc. biblion), = lexeis (v. “lexis”

I saw the dead standing before the throne, and beblia (books, rolls) were opened ; and another biblion was opened which is the Book of life : and the dead were judged by the thinga written in the rolls, according to their works.

LEGO is OPPOSITE of ODE.

David Shannon of Mount Juliet and a town down the road has been named as president of FHU. I have set out hooks to make contact because Kyle Butt held a seminar at Mount Juliet on the trinity. I have looked at just a few of Kyle's wild claims to prove that he "imagines" and even with a D in Ministry doesn't seem to look at the Greek and Latin words.

http://www.piney.com/Kyle.Butt.The.Trinity.Mount.Juliet.FHU.html

Kyle probably expresses David's views. H.Leo Boles at Freed in 1939 (I was 9) was the first person in history to define the "godhead" (divine nature) as three, separate persons with their own centers of consciousness or "spirits." That was published in 1942 and has become the creed. John Mark Hicks credits Max Lucado and Rubel Shelly with the extreme community or committee of "gods."

This has no foundation in church history nor with the Restoration Movement.

I have been in communication with several of those promoting the idea that God is a trinity of three separate gods:

Glenn Colley

http://www.piney.com/Glenn.Colley.Trinity.Three.Gods.html

The Father is god
Jesus is god
The Holy Spirit is God.

All papers I have read deny the MONOS and by default and specifically accept POLY.

Garland Robinson of S.T.O.P is the only one who dialoged for a time.

You have to believe that God makes those who tamper with His Word deaf and blind.

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE God, and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;

In reading 101 unless destroyed by "scholarship" one can read that and say that Jesus was A MAN and Jesus was not one of the ONE GOD.

If you have any links to papers on the trinity among the hood, let me know. This is what happens when elders let wolves in to the sheep and make up their own "food source." That is intended and does neuter the male leadership who are bluffed into silence:

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that PREACH him, being READ in the synagogues every sabbath day.

That is the direct command and approved example of Jesus Christ. Wonder why it seems impossible to find a PATTERN.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on May 4, 2017 12:01 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jesus and John use BLASPHEMY and ANTICHRIST

April 23 2017, 7:37 PM 

The only spiritual Covenant was made by God in Christ to Abraham.

Jesus removed the laded burden and BURDEN LADERS and left no "Doctors of the law to take away the key to knowledge." The only Role for which Evangelists should be equipped with Biblical knowledge is the direct CENI:

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matt. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
.....baptizing them in the name [singular]
.....of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matt. 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things
.....whatsoever I have commanded you:
.....and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is the creator of the last kingdom, the Church and the only PATTERN is to educate as the meaning of REST:

Eph. 2:20 And are built upon [EDUCATED] the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Holy Scripture is contained in the Prophets and other prophecies concerning Messiah. Jesus made these prophecies more certain and Peter outlawed "private interpretation" meaning "further expounding." The Logos or Regulative Principle outlaws private opinions, private experiences, rhetoric, singing, playing instruments or acting.

Whatever we do in word or deed we do in the NAME of the Lord and He is the only authority of the always-pagan triads of father, mother (spirit) and infant and wicked son.

Jesus limits teaching to what I have commanded you and His WORD or Regulative Principle HAS been once delivered to the Saints when God the Father BREATHED (not a spirit person) and Jesus SPOKE only what He heard from the father. We hear no words which do not come to us on the wind or Breath. Those words need be spoken once and Peter and others left US a MEMORY of what only they heard from the risen Lord. There is no THE Holy Spirit as the present "god" who speaks to anyone. Those who claim that their words are from A spirit may be correct. The personified "spirit"

SPIRITUS
spiro, a breathing or gentle blowing of air, a breath, breeze (syn.: aura, flatus).
1. The air: imber et ignis, spiritus et gravis terra,
2. An exhalation, smell, odor:
3. Breathed air, a breath: “quojus tu legiones difflavisti spiritu,”
C.1. In abstr., a breathing:
C.2 The BREATH of a god, inspiration: “
3 The breath of life, life:
B (Mostly poet. and in post-Aug. prose.) Spirit, soul, mind.

II. A. (Class.) A haughty spirit, haughtiness, pride, arrogance; also, spirit, high spirit, energy, courage
spiritum Phoebus [Apollon] mihi, Phoebus artem Carminis [singing and playing] dedit, poetic spirit or inspiration

Because there is never anything musical in a tuneful sense in the Bible, the definition of a haughty spirit includes human rhetoric by male or female which does not produce "That we might ALL be Safe and come to a knowledge of the truth" which is the Word or Logos and humans have not a whisper to aid the command to PREACH the Word by READING the Word of doctrine and comfort. That is the one-piece pattern.

If you have your Doctor of Theology you undoubtedly teach that Paul Commaned "SING the Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual songs." Sorry, I can't help you if you continue that loud stuff Jesus called a LADED BURDEN and Paul called SELF-PLEASURE. ALL of the LOGOS words specifically outlawed anything metrical

[linked image]

According to Philo, the gods of the pagans exploit this weakness of men. For the sake of a better effect, and with the intention of more easily cheating their devotes, that they have set their lies to melodies, rhythms and meters.." Click for more.

"Philodemos considered it paradoxical that music should be regarded as veneration of the gods while musicians were paid for performing this so-called veneration. Again, Philodemus held as self-deceptive the view that music mediated religious ecstasy. He saw the entire condition induced by the noise of cymbals and tambourines as a disturbance of the spirit. (Paul called it mad or insane) He found it significant that, on the whole, only women and effeminate men fell into this folly."

Aristot. Nic. Eth. 1175b.1

But things that are akin to things of different kinds must themselves differ in kind.
[3] A still clearer proof may be drawn
from the hindrance that activities
receive from the pleasure derived from other activities.

For instance, persons fond of the flute
cannot give their attention to a philosophical discussion [The LOGOS or Regulative Principle]
when they overhear someone playing the flute,
because they enjoy music more than the activity in which they are engaged;
therefore the pleasure afforded by the music of the flute
impairs the activity of study.

Don't expect the large underemployed to wander from workshop to workshop spending the time and money and refusing to GO:

Rom. 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him?
.....I have reserved to myself seven thousand men,
.....who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
2Pet. 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell,
.....and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2Pet. 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations,
.....and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

2Pet. 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of,
.....that by the word of God the heavens were of old,
.....and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pet. 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pet. 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store,

.....reserved unto fire against
.....the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate,
.....but left their own habitation,
.....he hath reserved in everlasting chains
.....under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Prophecy promises that there will be little faith when Jesus Returns. Only God can explain men who Train and men who are HIRED and are proven unable to read the text. That is because God promised us A holy spirit or A good conscience so that we can just "read that which is written for our learning."

More about the folly of the COTTAGE INDUSTRY about Genesis 1 because hired hands don't need to be Disciples or even speak to those not of the inner circle.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Apr 23, 2017 10:40 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

God does not have three heads

April 26 2017, 10:50 AM 

[linked image]
[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

S.T.O.P responsle Colossians 2

April 30 2017, 12:02 PM 

I have had e-mail exchanges with the S.T.O.P group which I believe is clustered around the Memphis School of Preaching.

http://www.piney.com/Colossians.2.9.Godhead.Dwelled.as.Divine.Nature.html

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: S.T.O.P. [...] Colossians 2

April 30 2017, 6:22 PM 

Ken,

In the linked article you provided, the 1st paragraph states:
Seek The Old Paths: "Christianity is built upon the Deity of Jesus the Christ. That Jesus is both the 'Son of God' and 'God incarnate' is set forth clearly in Scripture."

Is this the only quote from "Search the Old Paths" in your article? Would you direct us to some reference or link to a S.T.O.P. article that discusses this issue? Would you explain further your statement: "the S.T.O.P group which I believe is clustered around the Memphis School of Preaching"?

Your article covers a lot of ground with scriptural references that serious Bible students should read and study. Very good!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 30 2017, 6:49 PM 

I just read a bit of Adam Good's article. Their Doctrine of Christ which they think teaches the Trinity is played off against Christianity and Islam.

Christianity is built upon the deity of Jesus the Christ. That Jesus is both the “Son of God” and “God incarnate” is set forth clearly in Scripture. When the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary, he told her that the “holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God” (Luke 1:35). Matthew 16:16-17 reads: “...Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” The apostle John opened his account of the Gospel: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. ... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:1-2,14).

The paper is out of the Leoni Church of Christ by Garland Robinson: we exchanged several e-mails which I intend to put in order and publish. When he ran out of proof text he just quit answering so I don't know whether he has or can change his mind.

http://www.seektheoldpaths.com/

The Archives is at

http://www.seektheoldpaths.com/stop.htm

The April 2017 Vol. 28 No.4 This has the full text so I will copy it and review it. Or you can take a look

http://www.seektheoldpaths.com/stop417.htm

This group may be the only remaining "branch" that is usually on the right track. However, if you have everything correct and deny that Jesus Christ came in the FLESH and was not God you have two strikes against you,.

1. Jesus called the Jews BLASPHEMERS for saying that He thought that He was God when He always said that He was the Son of God.

2. John said of those who deny the one God the Father and One Son Jesus that they are antichrists.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Apr 30, 2017 6:53 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 30 2017, 9:19 PM 

The Old Paths Archive Has Jackson's material

http://www.oldpaths.com/Archive/Jackson/Boyd/Wayne/1937/godhead.html

Whether you get a Preacher's Certificate or a Phd on the subject of God, everyone gets a list of verses and sermon outlines.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The Trinity: FHU, S.T.O.P. Glenn Colley

May 1 2017, 11:28 AM 

I have made numerous personal contacts and so far two important people have emailed long enough to run through the proof texts. However, they just drop out with the hint that there is no hope for me. I still just quote the context they use as a platform for human reasoning or unreasoned opinions.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

S.T.O.P. Alan Good Trinity part B.

May 2 2017, 4:22 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Staggering toward the Old Paths

May 4 2017, 12:18 PM 

Seek The Old Paths which are older than the stack of Sermon Outlines.

http://www.piney.com/Isaiah.59.Seek.The.Old.Paths.html

Those who claim to SEEK the OLD PATHS probably means that they are not ON the Narrow Highway. People violate the Old Paths by seeking their own pleasure and failing to obey the PATTERN which excludes the "music" concept which a Student of Christ knows prevents giving attention to Him and HIS Words. Those are called Holy Scripture including the PROPHECIES CONCERNING MESSIAH and other Prophecies concerning Him.

Jesus put the EVANGELISTS on the PATH out of town to teach ONLY what He commanded them to teach. A church of Christ is built upon or EDUCATED by the Prophets and Apostles with private interpretation or further expounding outlawed: that, says Peter, would repudiate Jesus and God's confirmation of His exclusive role with signs and wonders: it therefore blasphemes THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST or the Breath of God who spoke through the PROPHETS and in the last days RESERVED UNTO FIRE as Evangelist go and SEEK lost sheep.

In the creation account, Adam was made or INSPIRITED as an Aborigine or the Earth Born Sumerians who were the first to take people and their property captive to serve the civil-military-clergy by WORKING on the Sabbath with Tithes and Offerings all of which are Babylonish.

Jesus said that God HIDES from the Wise or SOPHISTS who are self-authoring male or female, singers, instrument players or any Religious Craftsman outlawed in Ephesians 4 because they are marked as LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE. Jude using the Instrumental-Trinitarian-Perverted idolatry at Mount Sinai for which there was no redemption because, He says, they are FOREORDAINED.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The Trinity: FHU, S.T.O.P. Isaiah 59 missing the Old Paths

May 31 2017, 10:59 AM 

I observed that: Throughout the New Testament and especially in the Epistles as each writer completed his part, the term "The Holy Spirit" almost dissappears and the two-fold relationship of "persons" is universal in the salutations:

DONNIE COLLECTED SOME OF THE PROOF and John said that if you don't believe that there is one God the Father and one Lord, the MAN Jesus Christ, you are ANTICHRIST,

ROMANS------------:

Grace to you and peace from God our Father,
and the Lord Jesus Christ
. (1:7)

I CORINTHIANS-----:

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our
Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ
. (1:3)

II CORINTHIANS----:

Grace be to you and peace from God our
. Blessed be
God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of
mercies, and the God of all comfort, (1:2,3)

GALATIANS---------:

Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but
by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the
dead;) ... unto the churches of Galatia: Grace be to you and
peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus
Christ
, (1:1-3)

EPHESIANS---------:

Grace be to you, and peace, from God our
. (1:2)

PHILIPPIANS-------:

COLOSSIANS--------:

Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We give thanks to God
and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
(1:2,3)

I THESSALONIANS---:

Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ
. (1:1)

II THESSALONIANS--:

Grace unto you, and peace, from God our
Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

I TIMOTHY---------:

Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy,
and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our
Lord

II TIMOTHY--------:

To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and
peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
(1:2)

TITUS-------------:

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the
Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour
. (1:4)

PHILEMON----------:

Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ

HEBREWS-----------:

For unto which of the angels said he at any time,
Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I
will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me
a Son? (1:5)

JAMES-------------:

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus
Christ
, to the twelve tribes which are scattered
abroad, greeting. (1:1)

I PETER-----------:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord
Jesus Christ
(1:3)

II PETER----------:

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the
knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, (1:2)

I JOHN------------:

... and truly our fellowship is with the
Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ

II JOHN-----------:

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God
the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the
Father
, in truth and love. (1:3)

JUDE--------------:

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of
James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father,
and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: (1:1

1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

The ONE God made Jesus of NAZARETH to be both His Lord and Christ.
Therefore "Lord and Christ and Son" are not part of the ONE GOD.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
that God [the holy ONE]
hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
both Lord and Christ.

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the MAN Christ Jesus;

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on May 31, 2017 11:02 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter