Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The scriptures concerning Jacob and Esau

June 14 2017 at 1:22 PM
Dianna Howell  (Login dianna01)
from IP address 107.77.249.8

I have always found this narrative concerning Jacob using deceit against Esau to steal the birthright confusing.
Jacob and Rebecca use deceit and cunning to trick Isaac.
Esau obeys his father to provide a meal for him.

One son is obedient and the other treacherous.

Can someone point out the different lessons or elaborate further on these scriptures? Of course we know The Lord can use whomever to fulfill his purpose.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The scriptures concerning Jacob and Esau

June 14 2017, 2:17 PM 

What the Epistle of Barnabas thought.

http://www.piney.com/FathEpBarna.html

This Barnabas about a.d. 100 may have bee trying, like John, to correct the false Judaism and paganism in the early church

http://www.piney.com/FathAphrahatDemon.html

Remember what Jesus said about Parables: to fool those with no need to know or those OF the World.

Then take a look at:

Galatians 4

This is a good study but my flesh is weak right now.

Respond to this message   
Dianna Howell
(Login dianna01)

Jacob and Esau

June 14 2017, 2:59 PM 

My prayers are with you Ken!

I came across this link in Ken's collected research from Alexander Campbell. Speaks somewhat regarding birthright, and history of the patriarchy.

http://www.piney.com/Alexander.Campbell.Christianity.Restored.Kingdom.Heaven.html

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

God's Holy Fire: Ken Cukrowski, Mark Hamilton, and James Thompson

June 14 2017, 4:46 PM 

"God's Holy Fire promises to challenge and enrich current study of the Bible in our churches...A must-read for Christians commited to applying God's Word to their daily lives. Ken Cukrowski, Mark Hamilton, and James Thompson ACU Press."

http://www.piney.com/Gods.Holy.Fire.ACU.html

God's Holy Fire ACU promises that if you JUDAIZE that:

1. "Eliminating the Old Testament from our canon severely curtails our understanding of the character and activities of God..." (p. 49).

2. "Recovering the Old Testament conversely could transform us more fully into what we have always sought to be--Churches of Christ" (ibid.).

3. "Recognizing that the Old Testament functions just as fully as the New in the canon of the church...." (p. 63).

4. "Too often, we in churches of Christ have made a mistake in removing the Old Testament, for practical purposes, from our canon. The hole in Scripture has produced a hole in the practice of our faith" (p. 66).

Like all "Scholars" these people treat the LAW as all of those books now bound in the Old Testament. The Prophets by the Spirit OF Christ refutes the Law of Moses and the Laws of the abandoned Monarchy and define God's Future REST both inclusively and exclusively.

Alexander Campbell's Sermon on the Law.

http://www.piney.com//Alexander.Campbell.Sermon.on.the.Law.html

The "religionism" being promoted widely law-based. It is neither Biblical nor remotely similar to Calvin's call to Restore the Church of Christ and the Campbell's view of New Testament Christianity

Then Alexander Campbell's sermon on the law is treated as a radically nasty thing because he taught that the Law of Moses or its distortion under the Monarchy period cannot be resurrected without repudiating the finished work of Christ.

But we showed from beginning to the end of church history that there was a clear dispensational distinction between Law and Grace. We have not found one ancient scholar who does not repudiate using the ceremonial legalism under the "like the nations" kingdom of Israel for Christian worship. Of course, the Catholic church had the power to do so and longs to restore congregational singing.

The Baptists who wanted to try Campbell for heresy for not "talking the talk" were violently opposed to his liberating sermon on the law because they needed to preach the damnation of the law to produce a radical breakdown in people so that they could have an experience which was sold as "coming to Christ." This is why baptism is not necessary: it is outside of the "law period" which each person must endure until they are saved by faith.

We suspect that much of the Baptist and Calvinist violent reaction to the sermon was Campbell's thinly-veiled proof that any one could hear the gospel, believe it and respond to without clergy or ritual. Campbell's view were close to unique then and now in recognizing the difference between what Paul called CARNAL and the School of Chris which is SPIRITUAL and teaches and observes only what commanded to be taught and therefore BUILD or EDUCATE the Church of Christ by the Prophets and Apostles.

John 8:38 I SPEAK that which I have seen with MY Father:
and ye DO that which ye have seen with your father.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The scriptures concerning Jacob and Esau

June 14 2017, 7:43 PM 

The Jews at the time of Jesus who controlled religion are called a Race of Vipers. The are called worse. Most of the Theologians who have abandoned Bible should never be though of as Biblical ignorant as they seek to be the CHURCH COUNCIL for the rest of us. The MARK inflicted by the BEAST is a Viper Bite.

Plague PLESSO mark of character, musical sounds, weeping sores.
Beast: Thērion a new style of music and Satyric (Panish) drama
Image: carmen imagine vivat, song imitating truth
Mark: kharag-ma branded, the serpent's mark, ekhidn-a treacherous wife or friend,
gennēmata ekhidnōn brood of vipers, term of reproach, in Ev.Matt.3.7.

Soph. Ant. 531 You who were lurking like a viper in my own house
and secretly gulping up my life's blood, while I was oblivious that I was nurturing two plagues,

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dianna Howell
(Login dianna01)

Jacob and Esau

June 16 2017, 11:52 AM 

These verses remind me of Jacob and Esau.

Matthew 21:28-31 (KJV)
But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
[29] He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
[30] And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go , sir: and went not.
[31] Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Jacob and Esau

June 16 2017, 1:57 PM 

Good observation: The Bible often uses TWO brothers or people or nations to show the contrast between those OF the World or "below" and those, like Jesus, from Above.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter