Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: David and Bath-Sheba

September 11 2017, 8:27 PM 

Thanks, Dianne. There are some missizing pieces to this puzzle. David was supposed to have a Mansion. However, there is nothing in archaeology to prove that it was of such a grand scale.

2Sam. 11:3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?

How does the wife of a probably mercinary soldier wind up next door to the king?

The Prophets warn against the 'Lying pen of the Scribes' especially in relationship to the temple. The prophets prove that God did not command a temple but Solomon built Him one to "live in" at a high place already operating as the worship of the Astrial Deities such as the sun, moon. venus, Saturn etal.

Paul warned not to listen to JEWISH FABLES.

We know as background that because of the Instrumental-Trinitarian-Perverted Idolatry that God sentenced the Hebrews to captivity and death. When Solomon built the "house" with slave labor this led to Civil War and within five years after Solomon's death the Egyptians came and recovered the fortune the "Jews" had "borrowed" from the Egyptians. So, Bathesheba's manipulation led to trouble.

God gave them kings in His anger and they were responsible for carrying out the captivity and death sentence first on the Nation of Israel. Judah was no better and they were taken into captivity and death.

You remember that it was when the elders "fired" God and demanded a king, God abandned them to their own devices so it wasn't long until "along came Bathsheba." I am just speculating of course. However,

Heb. 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a CARNAL commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb. 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Respond to this message   
Dianna Howell
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 25 2017, 5:20 PM 

Emotional manipulation
September 25 2017, 1:18 PM

Interesting article. I found it on a church of Christ website. Who is supposed to correct this young preacher? How many errors can he make? Why is the error not corrected immediately so others are not misinformed? I do realize people make mistakes, but does truth have to be sacrificed, so we don't hurt someone's feelings?

"Yes, there are many preachers who need a raise. In some places they are not receiving adequate support from the local church. Some even suffer as a result. Now, before you take exception or reach for your pocketbook, let me assure you that I am not talking about a raise in pay (though that may be needed too). There is another kind of support preachers need that is no less important or needful than the financial. It is moral support. It is the kind Webster’s unabridged defines in part as, “to uphold by aid, encouragement, or countenance; to keep from fainting, sinking, failing, or declining; as, to support the courage or spirits” and, “to assist; to further; to forward; to second; to aid; to help; as, to support a friend or party.” That’s the kind of support your preacher needs.

However, that’s the kind many have been denied, especially young preachers. That’s why, provided he is doing the work of an evangelist (2 Tim. 4:5), the preacher needs a “raise” in appreciation. Not for personal aggrandizement, but for his work’s sake; not as “clergy,” but as a true fellow-worker dedicated to advancing the cause of Christ. If he teaches and lives truth, in all things showing himself an ensample of good works (Titus 2:7), then why is he so often tried and found wanting by such trivial standards? Such as his lack of an outgoing personality or being different from the previous preacher? Why are his lessons evaluated in terms of oratory, grammar, and length rather than content? (Most appreciate a good speaker, but few are willing to put up with his efforts to become one.)

In preparing the Corinthians to receive a young preacher, Paul writes, “Now if Timothy come, see that he be with you without fear; for he worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do: let no man therefore despise him” (1 Cor. 16:10,11). Timothy wasn’t Paul. But he was doing the Lord’s work, as was Paul and as are all other faithful gospel preachers. That being the case, why should they have to fear the brethren? Why should brethren despise them (treat with contempt)?

Further, because preachers, as other Christians, do have differing personalities and temperaments; because they make mistakes, they need support in the coin of longsuffering. When preachers err, especially the younger ones, what they don’t need is an advertising committee to exploit their faults. They do need understanding and longsuffering brethren to correct and help in a spirit of love (1 Cor. 13:4). Try to think how you would react if this young preacher were your own son. It is discouraging for a Timothy to be measured by the standard of a Paul; the beginner cannot function as a veteran — and should not be expected to.

Finally, your preacher could probably use a raise in encouragement. Not flattery; not insincere compliments (like commending a sermon you have slept through); not necessarily in words of commendation at all. Tell him you’re behind him. Tell him you are praying for him. Then, if he is doing a good work, tell him. Support him. It will lift him up — and he does need the raise."

Copied from Plain Talk, by Dan Shipley, December, 1983

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 8 2017, 12:58 PM 

Grace has many meanings: just as Jesus was the audible WORD, Logos or Regulative Principle He was personified GRACE teaching disciples to REPUDIATE all of the false teachers claiming that GRACE gives them authority to sow discord.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057%3Aentry%3Dxa%2Fris

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 8, 2017 1:09 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 8 2017, 1:22 PM 

MillersVille.We believe Jesus Christ is alive. He is Son of God, and He existed before the beginning, came to earth through a virgin birth, fully God and fully man. He was crucified and He rose again three days later, providing salvation for all mankind. (John 1:1; Isaiah 9:6, Acts 1:9-11).

This is the "handout" you get at Preacher's School or a Phd in Bible: there is never any need to read the Bible because you also get a stack of Sermon Outlines and if you run out the internet supplies lots more.

John knew about the invasion of paganism in the "Synagogues of Satan" and many decade later wrote to CORRECT the false teachings. He recorded Jesus calling those who claimed that Jesus made Himself equal to God BLASPHEMERS.

John later correctly debunked the 'My lord and my God' statement.

John also defined them as ANTICHRISTS.

The triune nature of God is never defined as the latter day LIPSCOMB nature.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 8 2017, 11:15 PM 

"This is the "handout" you get at Preacher's School or a Phd in Bible: there is never any need to read the Bible because you also get a stack of Sermon Outlines and if you run out the internet supplies lots more."

OR......you can copy and paste the same thing over and over and not worry about fact-checking with the Word. This is told in God's Word as being anti-Christ.

How many times do you need to fact-check your work?

Ask Ken?

Respond to this message   
Dave
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 8 2017, 11:25 PM 

I often recheck my tables. However, I have found that if I COPY the Biblical text, lexicons or Greek or latin PUBLISHED literature that it rarely CHANGES on me.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 9, 2017 9:34 AM

Respond to this message   
Dianna Howell
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 10 2017, 2:21 PM 

Is there a significance between the new and old Testament regarding the tribes and the apostles? Joseph's' sons being giving a portion in the promised land makes 13 tribes. Then the 11 apostles draw lots to select Matthais, then we have Paul becoming an apostle after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus. This makes 13 also.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 10 2017, 3:19 PM 

"The prophets prove that God did not command a temple but Solomon built Him one to "live in" at a high place already operating as the worship of the Astrial Deities such as the sun, moon. venus, Saturn etal."

1 Kings 9
1 And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the Lord, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do,

2 That the Lord appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.

3 And the Lord said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

God might not have commanded it, but He certainly was pleased with it.

Could WE compare that with God not commanding instrumental worship, but being pleased with it?

You guys should have quit years ago. You weren't ahead but nevertheless...

When the Temple was DEDICATED Solomon grasped that the 'House' which has no historical evidence was that the PEOPLE who were OUTSIDE the Gates could PRAY TOWARD THE HOUSE.

1Kings 9:4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:

1Kings 9:5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.

1Kings 9:6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:

1Kings 9:7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them;
and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight;
and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:

1Kings 9:8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss;
and they shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and to this house?

1Kings 9:9 And they shall answer,
Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt,
and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them,
and served them: therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.
1Kings 9:4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:

1Kings 9:5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.

1Kings 9:6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:

1Kings 9:7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them;
and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight;
and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:

1Kings 9:8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss;
and they shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and to this house?

1Kings 9:9 And they shall answer,
Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt,
and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them,
and served them: therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

AND THE HOUSE WAS BUILT WITH SLAVE LABOR as the Kings Shrine over a nation abandoned by God. The HOUSE and city gates were intended to HIDE the horrors of the Sacrificial System from everyone but the ABANDONED Civil, Military, Clergy.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 11, 2017 4:09 PM

Respond to this message   
David
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 10 2017, 9:23 PM 

Do As I Say Not As I Do
October 10 2017, 9:00 PM

That would be great if you copied only Biblical text. You do not. Latin published literature is not always factual history.
happy.gif

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 17, 2017 3:39 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: To Daddy's and Momma's

October 10 2017, 9:23 PM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 24.151.202.16 on Oct 10, 2017 9:25 PM

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter