ICE FLYER sailing and builders forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Yahoo Forum for Sharing Plans

November 2 2008 at 9:20 PM
No score for this post
tzilinski  (Login tzilinski)

Since the web site is down and many of you have downloaded much of the material for your own use, it would be great for us newcomers if you could share the files with us. I have created a new yahoo group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iceflyer/

It will only be useful if those of you that have are willing to share with those of us who are the have-nots.

Please join and upload your files. Here are Yahoos File Upload rules though:
Each group has 100MB server space allocated for Files. Upload any
number of smaller files (up to the limit of 100MB) or a few larger
files. Note, however, that each individual file you upload has a 5
megabyte limit per upload. If you attempt to upload a single file that
is larger than the space remaining, or that is larger than 5 megabytes,
you'll get an error.

If the users here or WH feel the files should not be on line, I will respect the wishes of the group and remove the fourm.

Thanks,

tzilinski

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
wh
(no login)

Re: Yahoo Forum for Sharing Plans

No score for this post
November 6 2008, 9:50 AM 

My only concern would be liability (main reason I stopped the download in the past)... Below is the liability release which was on the IF web site in order to do the download in the past. Might be useful to add if anyone is sharing those files? Im not a lawyer so dont know...

WARNING!

Risk of Injury, Death, Drowning! Any person using this equipment in any manner is personally
responsible for learning the proper techniques involved, assumes all risks, and accepts full and
complete responsibility for any and all damages or injury of any kind, including death, which may
result from the use of this equipment.

Liability Waiver

ICE FLYER release and waiver of liability

Knowingly and at my own risk, I am aware that using an ICE FLYER ice sailing boat or land saiing boat exposes
me to certain hazards, including but not limited to: death or injury, illness or medical emergency, including the risk
of drowning; and injury to third persons and damage to their personal possessions, during use of the ICE FLYER
ice sailing boat.

I understand the ICE FLYER ice boat is an experimental vehicle, is capable of dangerous speeds, has no brakes
and must be stopped by unsheeting the sail and heading directly into the wind. I understand that the seat restraint
is intended to keep the vessel driver from being bounced out of the vehicle and is not sufficient to prevent injury in
an accident. I understand that use of the seat belt adds the risk of drowning if the boat goes in the water. I
understand that the ICE FLYER ice boat and dirt boat will go on its own without a pilot in the boat. I understand
that the parking brake on the front runner should be used, but is insufficient for parking and the boat must also be
tipped on its side with the steering pedals skewed to one side with a tether when not being sailed. On the wheel
version, parking must include securing the steering turned completely to one side and also locking the front tire. I
understand that a helmet certifiable for motorcycle road use and a coast guard approved floatation life jacket must
be correctly worn at all times when using the ICE FLYER and that I should also carry an apparatus referred to as
"hand claws" which aid in getting out of the water. I understand that this boat can be flipped when sailed and that
the tripod roll bar must be built very strong and that the configuration in the plans has only been tested with years
of sailing including many tip over's. I understand that the ICE FLYER is not intended to be used in high winds.

I understand that I am responsible for knowing the present condition of the ice sailed upon and that ice under 6
inches in thickness is potentially dangerous and should not be sailed on. I also understand that a lake with any open
water areas is extremely dangerous and should not be sailed on even if some portions of the lake appear to be safe.

I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless ICE FLYER LLC or any entity or individual ever associated with
ICE FLYER LLC including sponsors and retail organizations, from any and all liability, causes of action, claims,
demands, costs or debts of any kind or nature, incurred or arising from or out of my or other's use of the ice sailing
boat, whether brought by me, my heirs, executors or assigns, or by third parties.

I understand there may be errors in the plans and also there may be errors or bad information given on the ICE
FLYER web site and my use of any of this information is completely at my own risk..

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Yahoo Forum for Sharing Plans

No score for this post
November 21 2008, 10:38 PM 

I added some of the plans I have on hand.It would be great if someone had pictures to post. Because every iceflyer/windflyer is built a little different it is really nice to see how each builder approached certain aspects of the craft. I encourage everyone to visit and add to the yahoo site.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iceflyer/

James Dotson
(no login)

Ice Boat Plans

No score for this post
December 8 2008, 11:27 AM 

I am buying property on a lake in Iowa. I love to sail in the summer and an ice boat seems a good way to spend some winter opportunities on a 450 acre lake.

I am interested in building an ice boat or two.

Jim Dotgson

Dean Parker
(no login)

ice flyer planes

No score for this post
November 6 2009, 8:43 AM 

Hello from Maine.
I am an old guy who loves ice boating, but the DN is a little rough on me. I do not want to sell my DN but if I could get planes for the ice flyer I would build one. Look,s like the answer for us old guy's. If you could e-mail me any information it would be a great help.
Thank's
Dean

Anonymous
(no login)

Iceflyer plans

No score for this post
November 9 2009, 5:12 PM 

Go to this linkhttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/iceflyer/ and join the group. You can download free plans from the files and link section of the Yahoo group site.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement