<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Can we get a new Mic Christopher album

November 12 2009 at 8:22 PM
No score for this post
Paul  (no login)

hey guys i realise it would be hard but far from impossible. im sure with the tons of internet content we could make a few albums for Mic. he was a genius and is and always will be missed. such a huge loss. i try to get to see glen hansards gigs as much as possible because when he dedicates songs to mic you can just feel mic in the room.

songs i found on youtube that could be easily copied to a disk. i know most of this is covers but it could be an amazing album. could even ask lisa, damien, glen and a few others to maybe write a song for the album. if it was promoted as a charity album aswell it could be easier to get help with.

Sassey
Fogtown
suspicious minds
feels like im in love
you ain't going nowhere
i bid you goodnight
the healing has begun
The Whole Of The Moon

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Shane
(no login)

Re: Can we get a new Mic Christopher album

No score for this post
February 12 2010, 5:12 PM 

This would be great, there is many songs out there, especially one of my favourites i bid you goodnight

Mel
(no login)

Tribute album

No score for this post
May 11 2010, 3:55 AM 

A tribute album would be more likely. With friends of Mic, and musicians who've been inspired by Mic to put together a cover album of Mic solo songs and Mary Jane songs etc for charity. That'd be a better idea...in fact. Its something someone should say to Maureen.

The likes of The Frames, Gemma Hayes, Lisa Hannigan, Ronan O'Snodaigh and mic's other friends etc. could do covers. And ive seen newer Irish artists like The Coronas cover Heyday live and yer man Rob Smith does a mean I Got Your Back. And someone told me before that (i think it was) Royseven or one of those bands doing Kids Song at a gig before.

-M

Dean W. Lodmell
(no login)

Mic's Songs

No score for this post
May 20 2010, 4:43 AM 

I have a mary janes demo tape.

I funded mic and marc in 1998 or so and they gave me a demo tape.

I have converted it to mp3.

It available.

Dan
(Login Dan33185)

Re: Mic's Songs

No score for this post
April 15 2014, 4:20 PM 

So I'm guessing you don't post here anymore,but on the off chance you do, are these still available?

Dan33185@gmail.com

Post Script
(no login)

yeah

No score for this post
August 4 2010, 1:44 AM 

I have Wide Open Road and The Opera Singer too!

stephen Cooling
(no login)

This must happen

No score for this post
January 17 2011, 10:54 AM 

Hi

I just been introduced to Mic's music and I have not stopped listening to it, all the content online would definitely make an album I know I'd buy it. Lets make this happen

Steve

P.S. His cover of Van Morrison's " the healing has begun" is simply brilliant. It must be released.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement