Return to Index  

"fusion", "jazzrock"

December 15 2010 at 1:51 AM
No score for this post
jazzrock fan  (Login adolfpussycat)
from IP address 129.82.31.102

All good reviews, George, and I have nothing to add. However would you consider a section called "Jazzrock" or "Fusion"? One that would include only the hard stuff. You reviewed 'Hot Rats', and HR was more than merely a start in reviewing Jazzrock: it was so good I'm not sure Jazzrock ever progressed after HR.
But here are a few suggestions:
Bitches Brew
Birds Of Fire
Introducing The Eleventh House (Larry Coryell)
Heavy Weather

BTW, I accidentally helped name a jazzrock album in 1977. I was at a music club in NYC (a Punk Club- it was LATE '77, and you know what that means), when a guy sat next to me and told me he was Chick Corea's manager; "I'm trying to come up with a title for Chick's next album."
For something to say, I pointed to the middle-aged Punk on the stage: "doesn't he look like the Mad Hatter?"
"Thank you!" Chick's manager exclaimed, and he left the club immediately.
In 1978 an album titled "The Mad Hatter" was released by Chick Corea. And later a couple of recording studios by that name were established.

This message has been edited by adolfpussycat from IP address 63.147.76.92 on Dec 21, 2010 1:47 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement