Lengthy indeed

October 26 2011 at 4:02 AM
No score for this post
George Starostin  (Login gstarst)
Forum Owner
from IP address 79.172.77.176

Response to A lengthy feedback on your site

With your permission, I'll sum it up much more briefly:

I really think there's no middle ground in this thing. Either one does music reviewing "scientifically" - and that would involve lots more research (including historical, technical etc.,), a very meticulous segregation between all objective observations and subjective emotional assessments, which is a thing that neither myself, nor John, nor anyone else, in fact, has ever done...

...or it makes little sense to bother about too much detalization at all.

That said, I am, at present, trying to come up with an entirely non-numeric system of tags for the albums reviewed, that would be more precise than whatever it used to be like on the old site, but at the same time, not too "pretentious". I still believe in the old criteria, but I'd like to try and express it in a different way.

As for the "diplomatic" aspect, yes, some of the old reviews are too harsh. But that's a stage in life through which may of us have to pass (some never do, though, see Brian Burks).

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement