Return to Index  

I disagree...

November 30 2011 at 3:50 PM
No score for this post
Mr. X  (no login)
from IP address 96.21.51.62

Response to I still hate Kansas, yes, more than ever

...about Kansas. I admit, they are very derivative unlike their progressive rock superiors such as King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, and Jethro Tull (all of which I would give 4-star artist ratings). And they take their music way too seriously, when they shouldn't. Admittedly, though, that's part of the appeal to bands like Kansas and Uriah Heep - it's when they make fools of themselves when they try to be too serious. Their only major saving graces would be the occasional catchiness (especially 'Carry On My Wayward Son'; I've listened to it 3 times just this morning!)

Please, don't peg me as one of the many who only enjoy music that is as complicated as it gets. After all, my favourite Beatles' album used to be <b>Please Please Me</b>. I guess my only problem that won't allow me to dislike such prog bands is, no matter how much they suck, they're never "generic" sounding. It's pretty hard to imitate another prog band's sound like 100%. What I <i>do</i> hate is generic heavy metal. I mean, seriously, is it me or do all modern metal bands sound the f***ing same? At least Kansas and the Heepsters had different sounding vocalists (even if David Byron kind of sounds like a weaker Ian Gillan, which actually makes them derivative of classic metal instead, but whatever).

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement