Battle Buell

by

Made some progress on the Booze-broken Battle-Buell today. (This was the bike that Nadz was hit on by a drunken driver a few years ago.)

Stripped down the front end:
[linked image]

Replaced the subframe, oil cooler, and both left side air scoops:
[linked image]

Put the new front end together:
[linked image]

Started reconnecting everything up front:
[linked image]

I'll probably need some help with the wiring from Nadz, but he didn't change a whole lot, just the lighting and heated grips from what I can tell.

The other small victory was getting the left rider peg bolts extracted from the frame without damaging the threads. They snapped off in the wreck. I've been hitting them with PB Blaster for a couple days, and one I had to drill out and use an extractor, but the other I was able to drive out with a screw driver and hammer by tapping it in circles:
[linked image]

I'll probably finish up the controls this weekend, and make a new list of parts that I still need to source. Minor things now, like brakes switches, a few replacement connectors, the brackets for the fuse blocks, etc.

IBA #41635

"Other people can talk about how to expand the destiny of mankind. I just want to talk about how to fix a motorcycle. I think that what I have to say has more lasting value." Robert M. Pirsig

Posted on Apr 18, 2012, 5:18 PM
from IP address 24.59.105.219

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses