For those who don't get over to TeamStrange, I thought I would post this invitation here, as some of you live in the area or may be interested in joining us. Next Sunday, July 29th we'll be gathering in Hendricks MN for breakfast and then attending church at Singsaas Lutheran Church, a few miles northwest of town just across the border in Brookings County, SD. Below is the gist of what Jay Nelson posted last week:
1) Potluck Dinner - We continue to make plans for a potluck dinner after our 10:30 morning service. This potluck dinner would start about 11:30 or so. We'd love to host as many of you as possible, and you need not bring anything more than yourselves. We never run short of food. But then again, it's always a thrill to eat food carried 300 miles in a saddle bag.
2) Games, Activities and Visiting - We're going to have lawn games, activities and similar for kids-of-all-ages after the potluck service. We have many older church ladies that eagerly await beating you in the game of your choice. Bring it!
3) Pancake feed - Last year, about 20 of you gathered at Irene's Cafe in Hendricks, MN before the service. In the chance you'd enjoy doing this again, owner Julie Buchholz has agreed to make free waffles for your group. As you might expect, this was our show of respect for your loss of Curt Gran. Someone has agreed to pick up the tab for the waffles. But to maintain our status as 'a bunch of cheap Norwegians', anything non-waffle is your own expense. And by the way, the Irene's Cafe waffles are unforgettable.
4) Upright bass and a guitar - At this time, we think the July 29th service will be accompanied by an upright bass and a guitar. The songs would be a lineup of southern country gospel favorites. We occasionally hold such a service, and they are always well received.
5) Sing-a-long - At this time, we think there will be a sing-a-long with the upright bass/guitar the half hour before the service (10:00 - 10:30). Feel free to sing with, or sit and listen to the others singing. It's a win win.
6) Air Conditioning - Given the heat wave, I'll mention the church has air conditioning. We can get it cold enough to hang meat, should ya'll desire
All are most welcome to attend. We have a group that will be riding in from the Twin Cities area for breakfast at Irene's, and will post details on TeamStrange and cross-post here when they're finalized.
Posted on Jul 21, 2012, 11:44 PM from IP address 188.8.131.52