Respond to this message
Original Message
  • a few quick pics

• Posted Jun 21, 2011 12:14 PM

Just took a few pics with the cell phone. Gonna give her some TLC then get some good photos of her. Pretty much original except for the 4 into one exhaust. I would like to get a luggage rack/Backrest for it. I rode it 200 miles home from Watertown and my back was a little sore. Big change from My Ultra Classic...lol I grew up on and around Honda's thru the eighties so it was real cool to find this gem. A buddy of mine has an identical 1981 without a sidecar but missing sidecovers and paint isn't as good. I think I'm gonna paint the sidecar black with maybe a racing stripe and just clean up the bike. The only bad thing is the clear coat on the tank. That should be an easy fix for most paint guys.

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/churchman2/Hitchhiker%20sidecar/

I will keep you in mind if I hear of anymore. As always this deal fell out of the sky and landed on me. Lunatic told me about it at the Bonzai Saturday night. Knowing Lunatic was going to go thru it I called Monday morning and put a deposit on it (the shop just took it on trade and hadn't even looked at it)!!!!!! Doug and Nancy at The Motocycle Shop in Watertown were great to hold it for me for almost 3 weeks. I work 6 days a week and am on call. I was halfway there on a Saturday and got called in to work. So persistance paid off and I got a cool Father's Day present!!!!
      I will post pics on her adventures!!!!
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address