Respond to this message
Original Message
  • "SSS" and an "A"

• Posted Apr 16, 2012 8:02 PM

You didn't really think I'd go through my whole R&R leave without at least a couple GT rides, did you?

Today we had a record 90 degree day in Syracuse, NY. I had been looking for a nice mural for the last few days, and was hoping to find one at the Dinosaur BBQ, but their mural doesn't have Syracuse written on it. This one is an old one near the highway though:
      [linked image]

After that, I took a spin through Solvay, but I couldn't find anything really "neat" to shoot, so the Solvay Bank will have to do for now:
      [linked image]

From there, I headed over to Skaneateles. (pronounced "skinny-atlas") I knew the fire department would be an easy photo, but decided to look for the "Aerodrome" instead. How many places still call them Aerodromes?!
      [linked image]

The last stop of the day was Auburn, NY. Home of the first electric chair execution! They're rather proud of that, and the "back-up" electric chair is actually in one of the bars in town. The same bar also has a miniature electric chair with a doll in it, and for a few quarters you can electrocute the miniature... he shakes around and smokes a bit. I'll have to make another trip back there and take a video of it in action, but it's rather amusing in a sick sort of way. Anyways, I was able to get a shot in front of the State Prison, which is in "downtown" Auburn:
      [linked image]

[linked image]

That's all for now - hopefully we'll have another nice day before I have to go back to Afghanistan, but I'll be hitting them hard when I get home in August.

IBA #41635

"Other people can talk about how to expand the destiny of mankind. I just want to talk about how to fix a motorcycle. I think that what I have to say has more lasting value." Robert M. Pirsig
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)