Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Hello From The UK!
    • DaveW (no login)
      Posted Sep 11, 2001 6:09 AM

Hi there Gravity - seems I'm the first here...

We shoot PPC in the UK, and call it 'the 1500' or '1500PPC' - it used to be one of the most popular comps till 1997 when our handguns were taken away, but a few of us continue to shoot it using a variety of 'long barrelled revolvers' (12" barrel, plus a kind of wrist support that extends under the arm, making the overall length of the gun 24" - the minimum overall length for a legal cartridge firing gun in the UK) and pistol cal. lever actions like the Marlin 1894 and the Rossi.

I shoot it with a Marlin 1894 in .38/.357, with the action slicked up a little. We allow red-dots and scopes on the rifles, which I guess sounds strange unless you've tried it, and mine is a 3-9x50. I can usually get (just!)over 1400, but so far haven't done any beter. I plan to buy one of the long barrelled revolvers (Ruger SRH in .38/.357) in 2002.

Since 97 there's also a politically correct 'european' version of the target, with a huge arrow where the head is on the regular US target, but we don't use those yet at my club, as we have lots of the originals left.

I look forward to reading this forum as other folks get involved!

Regards,

Dave.
      (a regular on Ruger Forum)
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement