Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • ppc gun builder
    • Paul Warner (no login)
      Posted Oct 23, 2003 12:11 AM

Jim,

I have had great success with a Mod. 10 Smith built for me by George F. Long, out of Rogue River, OR. When I went looking to have a gun built - I went to the Top 100 Pistolsmiths list from American Handgunner magazine. You can research the list on-line. Several commented they did ppc conversions but after a lot of calls and questions, I narrowed it down to George Long.

He can be reached at 541 476-7552. I went with a 6" slab sided w/full underlug barrel, Aristocrat Tri-Set Rib, ball detent yoke lock, chambers chamfered and of course an action job. He reblued the entire weapon when completed.

It shoots beautifully - I am more than pleased with it and will probably have him build me another shortly.

Paul Warner

One other note - George is a great pistolsmith but you won't find a website for him - not even and email address - everything is confirmed via postal... Good Luck!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement