Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Custom PPC Auto
    • Mark L Paddack (Login marklpaddack)
      Posted Sep 9, 2004 7:42 AM

I recently purchased a Les Baer 1911 Open Class 9mm with an Aristicrat sight from an outstanding PPC shooter (Class winner in Jackson, MS NPSC) in my police department. He had problems with it grouping past 50 yards. At 50 yards the gun was horrible on paper. He lost confidence in the firearm and was frustrated with in

I had previously attended a PPC event outside of Richmond, VA at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club, Montpelier, VA. I met a shooter with a PPC Les Baer Auto that was built and had some custom work done by Jerry Keefer (Armor for Richmond PD.)

I contacted Mr. Keefer regarded the performance of the Les Baer and Jerry requested I sent the firearm through an FFL dealer for inspection. With in a couple of days of receiving, Jerry called me and explained what was wrong with the locking block portion of the barrel and play in the barrel.

Mr. Keefer machined and blueprinted a new barrel to Les Baer. From a Ransom rest locked down the 24 shot group with AMI 147 gr. bullet grouped just under 1 inch! Much better than I will ever be able to shoot. The cost for the 1911 from my co-worker was expensive but the repair work by Jerry was reasonable ($375.) I am very happy with my PPC Auto and look forward to competeing with it this month at the NRA NPSC in Jackson, MS.

I was so impressed with Mr. Keefer's demeanor and professionalism that I have contacted Mr. Keefer regarding a distinguish auto that I can use in distinguish auto PPC matches. If you are interested I would suggest contacting Jerry Keefer for his advise on purchasing a PPC Auto or having custom work. James Keefer, Jr., Engineered Revolvers and Automatics, LLC. 1-804-556-2844 or email keefer45@msn.com
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement