Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • good for you
    • doug (no login)
      Posted Oct 30, 2004 12:57 AM

You do have a lot of questions, but I'm glad you do. Having a pistol team is great PR for your department. The department will have to pay for this PR, but it will be easier to get funding as your chief's office wall begins to fill with plaques and trophies. You asked for an opinion, I hope mine helps. I would suggest Police Pistol Combat(PPC) matches, because you can compete with stock guns and not be at a huge disadvantage. Most all shooters start with a stock 6" revolver(s&w mod. 14 or 686). This gun will serve you well for many years. Your department should pay for ammo, matches, travel and provide training time. Sometimes Chiefs don't accept ideas unless they think the idea was theirs in the first place. You may have to ease into getting approval to attend matches then gradually work your way into full support. I am sure there are regular matches in your area. Contact Amanda McCullough of the NRA and she will be very helpful. You can also go to the NRA website and get a list of registered and sanctioned PPC matches with contact persons listed for your convenience.

GOOD LUCK!!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement