Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: PEARL MS
    • Randy (no login)
      Posted Jun 11, 2005 10:12 PM

Doug,
      I can't believe that I found this site again. Thank you for the information re: the Pearl, Ms. PPC matches. I have gone to 3 now and will be there on the 21st of June. I have a custom 9mm 6 inch slide made by Kammerdeiner Custom Guns of Vidalia, La. It's the first Aristocrat site I have had. The barrel is a Schumann ultimatch and it is easily the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. I am just learning neck hold sighting. I have set the front site at 50 yards so that the corners of the site are just visible over the white background above the silhouette shoulders as the point of aim. Do most PPC shooters use the angles of the front site this way? Should I set for higher up the silhouette neck? I also have had better luck with neck hold at 25 yards than sighting in directly at the 10 ring. The front site corners are too narrow to show up against the target white at 25 yards, but I seem to be able to more quickly get the next shot off. The heavier gun with the lighter recoil is a big improvement over the 5 in. slide .45 caliber Les Baer that I was shooting. I could never find a miner carbide lamp that worked, but I found a Ray-Vin.com carbide burner that holds the water in a compartment that a one way valve allows you to turn the knob and push a minute amount of water into the carbide compartment. It has a very effective flint strike system and really is a convenient way to blacken your sites. Hope to see you in Pearl and thanks. Randy
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement