Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • congratulations
    • doug (no login)
      Posted Aug 14, 2005 1:30 AM

I can only hope the sport jumps on you like it did me. I am not a high-master but I love shooting PPC. I would recommend starting out with a stock 6" S&W model 14 if you can find it but any good S&W revolver will do (preferrably a 6"). If you can find one with at black post style front sight you'll be ahead of the game. For approximately $100 you can get a good trigger job on the gun at Clark's custom guns (Shreveport) or better yet, talk to Terry Johnson at Diamond Gun in Monroe. His work is VERY VERY GOOD!!!

Billy Hays and Jim Carrol are Firearms Instructors at the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office in Shreveport. Both are top class shooters and moreover top class individuals. They hold monthly PPC matches at the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office Range. Contact them for dates.

There will also be a match held at their range on 9/23/05. Contact Mark Hutchison at Shreveport Probation and Parole for match information. They have held this match there for many years and it is a very good match. You will shoot the P.O.S.T. course, a Match 5, a combat steel plate match and a shotgun course. Much of the match is sponsored by TEECO. The door prizes are out of this world.

I've got a match flier. Call me at the office (318)574-4201.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement