Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: PRACTICE
    • Ken Smith from PA (no login)
      Posted Nov 17, 2006 8:12 AM

The only time I think ammo is wasted at any yard line is if the shooter is not willing to look at his results and learn from them. I don't think it matters what yard line you shoot at, just that you are on the range to practice. Practice makes perfect, if perfect practice.

I wonder how many new shooters who only shot a 600 match shooting from the 25 yard line never stepped up to shoot a 1500 because they felt they weren't good enough to try a 1500 since they hadn't mastered the short line yet. Sorry, but that's hogwash for me. I understand the concept, but disagree that you can't learn marksmenship from the 50. Heck, I learned more from the 50 than I ever did at the 25. In fact, I'd put that theory in reverse. I'd suggest learning marksmenship from the 50 and watch the 25 yard scores to go up!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement