Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: DAO or Double/Single Action?
    • PPC ken (no login)
      Posted Nov 21, 2006 1:35 PM

DAO has a quicker lock time than single action. Yes, single action is nice at 50, BUT not worth the time to cock it with your off hand and then re-acquire your grip. Besides, make the 50 your friend - plenty of time, all supported positions, and a much finer aim point than at 25 yards. I find it best to just settle into position and after the sights are aligned and pointed more or less where I would like the bullet to go, to just use one steady squeeze with no starts or stops. I am still trying to "let the gun go off, rather than making it go off". Darn wobble!! Once I made a friend of 50 yards, I get kinda tickled listening to fellow shooters moan and groan about how far away it is and how small the target is. I know that I have beaten them already, because they have just beaten themselves! No I have never "cleaned" the 50, but I also never "cleaned" everything at 25 either. Good luck and good shooting.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement