Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: ppc 9 vs. S&W 952
    • Ken Smith from PA (no login)
      Posted Nov 22, 2006 5:36 AM

The PPC9 is a Performance Center Custom gun availible to law enforcement only. You have to send them proof that you are LEO and order a gun. They will then let you know when it's finished and ask for a signed copy of a FFL where they can ship the gun so it can be tranfered to you.

The 952 (I never had one) is a single stack magazine vs the double stack mag of the PPC9. The 952 does NOT have a tri-set rear sight like the PPC9. The tri-set sight allows the shooter to have three sight settings, close up and 50 yards, already dialed in. During a match the shooter simply makes one click and they are ready to shoot different yardages rather than trying to remember clicks and counting clicks.

There are other options to look into that have the Tri-Set sight in semi-auto guns. STI makes a Target Master 6" 1911 pistol with the Tri-Set. Then there is Les Baer and Rock River that also have PPC 5" and PPC 6" guns custom made for PPC but they are more expensive.

I'll be trying a 6" STI Target Master at some time in the future. I here they are very accurate and they are much cheaper than the custom made Les Baer and Rock River guns. I'm not into the whole Distinguished Awards Program where you need a 5" gun. I just shoot 1500 matches where the 6" is allowed.

Of course you could always have any gun customized by ordering parts from Brownell and having a good gunsmith tune up a stock 1911.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement