Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Amen
    • doug (no login)
      Posted May 27, 2007 12:34 AM

I have been telling cadets at the police academy for years the definition of trigger control (continuous pressure straight to the rear until the gun fires). But I remember when I first started shooting a revolver, I thought it was really cool that I could snatch the trigger back to the second click then ease it on back to fire. A very wise HighMaster named Bobby Reed taught me that once the trigger starts to the rear it should continue to the rear without stopping or hesitation. As hard headed as I was, I could see that Bobby had become a Highmaster back in the 70's and could still shoot the pants off alot of the young whippersnappers today. You can have the perfect (grip, stance, sight alignment, and sight picture) but you have to pull the trigger in a manner as not to disturb all that cool stuff you've done. One deliberate continuous movement is the only way to do it. Highmaster ppc50 speaks profoundly. Message heard, accepted and hopefully practiced.

AMEN
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement