Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • GOT A SOB STORY? LET'S HEAR IT.
    • DON (no login)
      Posted May 28, 2007 2:06 AM

WELL HERE'S MINE. I'VE MOVED UP TO THE EXPERT CLASS AND HAVE BEEN STUCK AT 1460-1465 FOR A WHILE. I RECENTLY MADE A FEW CHANGES IN MY GRIP AND HAVE STARTED SHOOTING SOME SCORES UP TO 1475. I HAD A MATCH LAST WEEK AND COULD NOT WAIT TO SEE MY HIGHER SCORES AND THE RESULTS OF MY PRACTICE. THE MATCH STARTED AND ALL WAS WELL. I SHOT 240 IN MATCH ONE, 180 IN MATCH TWO, AND 234 IN MATCH THREE. I'M ONLY 6 POINTS DOWN AT THIS TIME AND 1475 IS MY PREVIOUS BEST. I NORMALLY SHOOT 236-238 IN MATCH 4. WELL, MATCH 4 STARTS AND THE FIRST 12 FIND THE 10 RING. I'M REALLY EXCITED BY NOW AND DURING THE SECOND STRING I AM LOOKING AT THE TARGET EVERY COUPLE OF SHOTS TO CHECK IF I'M STILL CLEAN. SURE ENOUGH,EVERY ROUND I FIRED IN MATCH 4 WAS INSIDE THE 10 RING, BUT THE TARGETS TURNED BEFORE I FIRED NUMBER 24. THERE WERE ALOT OF HOLES IN THE 10 RING AND I PROBABLY COULD HAVE DUMPED MY ROUNDS ON THE GROUND AND BEEN GIVEN CREDIT FOR 24 HITS, BUT I COULDN'T DO IT. I TOLD THE SHOOTER SCORING MY TARGET AND MATCH 4 WAS SCORED AT 230. I WAS DEVISTATED BUT RECOUPED FOR A 593 MATCH 5 AND A NEW PERSONAL BEST OF 1477. I'VE ONLY ASKED MYSELF 1000 TIMES WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN IF I HAD SHOT THE MATCH ONE ROUND AT A TIME. THE SILVER LINING WAS THAT MY SCORE WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE MATCH, A TROPHY AND A NEW STRION FLASHLIGHT TO BOOT. IF I WOULD HAVE TURNED A 1487, THE RESULTS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME EXCEPT I WOULD HAVE BEEN A CHEATER. I WAS PROUD TO TURN IN MY SCORE WITH ONE ROUND MISSING BECAUSE WITHOUT INTEGRITY, WE ARE NO BETTER THAN THE CRIMINALS WE ARREST DURING OUR SHIFT.

I KNOW EVERYBODY WHO SHOOTS IN MATCHES HAS A SAD STORY TO TELL. MANY OF US WHO ARE SCREW-UPS NEED TO KNOW THAT WE AREN'T THE ONLY ONES. SO, COME ON GUYS LETS HEAR IT. AND YES, THAT MEANS YOU.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement