Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Getting Started in Texas
    • Doug (no login)
      Posted Sep 2, 2007 12:34 AM

I'm glad you are shooting PPC. It is possibly the greatest test of handgun fundamentals around. The questions you have are very good ones and I hope you get good answers via this website. My opinion is that the 6" gun would be the best option because of the longer sight radius. The 6" gun will also help sight reaquisition on the rapid fire stages. Even if you leave the stock sights, you would really benefit from blackening the sights with either a sight black spray or a carbide smoker. I am a little worried about shooting single action. I've shot PPC all over the place with alot of different people and very very few if any of the top shooters shoot single action. Just something to think about. Buy more speedloaders if you can and try the safariland comp III type, they are cool.

The course and the ppc rule book can found at nra.org
      The b-27 is the target used but I don't know anything about which reduction targets to use.
      Get the local number for your Texas Highway Patrol and find an old crusty trooper named Odie Hitt. He is a highmaster and has been shooting forever. He's really not that old and not that crusty. Well maybe he is a little crusty, but he's definitely one of the good guys. He may be able to help you find matches close to you. He knows everybody.

Keep shooting and keep that double action trigger coming to the rear without stopping or hesitating. If you can do that everything will get better, I promise.

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted on your progress.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement