Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: PPC in Texas
    • Jenrick (Login jenrick)
      Posted Sep 2, 2007 1:28 PM

Appreciate the response Doug. I'm looking into carbide smokers right now, probably will get one in a while after I've shot a few matches and had a chance to talk to folks to see what works well. I'll probably just use the sprays for the moment.

I'll look into the comp III, the local cop shop carries comp II's so that's why I've got them.

Tried to find the rules on online, but they weren't currently posted. If someone wouldn't mind posting just a brake down on the yardages and required postions that'd be enough to get me going in the right direction on my practice. Thanks for the confirmation on the B-27, I'll just use Target Express to scale the sucker to the right sizes, that makes it easy.

Odie Hitt, you wouldn't happen to know the area he works out of? I haven't heard the name mentioned before with the troopers I know or have worked with in the past. I'll defineately try and look him up.

Jim, appreciate the invite out to Alvin, as I'm in Austin that's a bit of a drive. If I'm ever out that way though I'll look you guys up.

To everybody: Why exactly do most folks shoot DA instead of SA? I know that originally the PPC was based on "combat shooting" and that a lot of folks pushed for DA fire as more realistic. Is there a technical advantage to shooting DA all the time?

Again thanks for the advice and the help,

-Jenrick

BTW don't suppose anyone needs to get rid of a K-frame holster for a 6" gun...?
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement