Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • DA IS THE WAY
    • DOUG (no login)
      Posted Sep 6, 2007 11:20 PM

WHEN I STARTED SHOOTING PPC A VERY WISE HIGHMASTER GAVE ME THIS EXPLANATION, SO I CAN'T TAKE CREDIT FOR IT, BUT I CAN PASS IT ALONG.
      THE LAST 5 PERCENT OF YOUR TRIGGER PULL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. I'M NOT A PHYSICS MAJOR, BUT I KNOW IT IS EASIER TO KEEP AN OBJECT MOVING THAT IS ALREADY MOVING. IF THAT IS TRUE, IT IS EASIER TO KEEP THE TRIGGER MOVING SMOOTHLY TO THE REAR DURING THAT LAST 5 PERCENT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT MOVING VIA DOUBLE ACTION. IF YOU COCK THE WEAPON (WHICH MOVES THE TRIGGER THROUGH THE FIRST 95 PERCENT) THEN YOU HAVE TO START THE TRIGGER MOVING IN THAT CRITICAL 5 PERCENT ZONE WHICH INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF SCREWING IT UP.
      IN ESSENCE, ONCE YOU GET THE TRIGGER MOVING TO THE REAR, DON'T EVER STOP IT'S MOTION. ALLOW IT TO CONTINUE TO THE REAR WITHOUT DISTURBING YOUR SIGHT PICTURE.

AS FOR THE COURSE, HERE IT GOES:
      MATCH 1 7YDS-12 RDS-25SEC AND 15YDS-12RDS-25SEC
      MATCH 2 25YDS-18RDS-90SEC, 6 KNEELING NO SUPPORT, 6 LEFT BARRICADE, 6 RIGHT BARRICADE
      MATCH 3 50YDS-24RDS-2MIN&45SEC, 6 SEATED, 6 PRONE, 6 LEFT BARRICADE, 6 RIGHT BARRICADE
      MATCH 4 25YDS-12RDS-35SEC UNSUPPORTED TWICE
      MATCH 5 7YDS-12RDS-25SEC, 25YDS-REPEAT MATCH 2, 50YDS-REPEAT MATCH 3, 25YDS-6 RDS-12SEC
      MATCH 6 TOTAL SCORE OF MATCHES 1-5

THE DISTINGUISHED MATCH IS MATCH 5 WITH A PRETTY MUCH STOCK REVOLVER, BARREL NO LONGER THAN 6 INCHES AND YOU HAVE TO SHOOT AT LEAST 158 GRAIN SEMI WADCUTTERS OR A PRETTY MUCH STOCK SEMI-AUTO BARREL NO LONGER THAN 5 INCHES. YOU CAN HAVE ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS ON EITHER GUN.

I HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK!!

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement