Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: 9mm Load Recipes
    • PPC KEN (no login)
      Posted Dec 30, 2007 1:56 PM

Hi Paul - don't know much about 147 gr. bullets. My Bob Marvel 6" 9mm will shoot (on a ransom rest) 1" groups at 50 with 115gr.Hornady XTP and 121gr. Hornady HAP bullets. I have sort-of stayed with the 121 HAP's for reasons of cost - you can buy them 2,800 in bulk. From PPC positions at 50 yards I can put almost all bullets in the 10 ring (dropping maybe 3-4 shots just into the 9 ring) and most of these in the X ring. Anyway here is my recipe - Starline brass, Winchester WSP (although I have used CCI 500 and Remington 1 1/2 and it does not seem to make a difference), 4.1grs. of WW #231, Hornady 121gr. HAP, COL 1.080" with a .375-6" taper. This load is a real pussycat with light recoil - very nice for 7yds/15yds/"quick 6" - the gun comes right back down from recoil. Although a light load BE CAREFUL in your gun - it works for me in MY GUN. I hope others in the forum send you a response - I guess we are all looking for that "magic load". Good luck, ken
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement