Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Glasses for PPC
    • joe (no login)
      Posted Feb 10, 2008 8:04 PM

I have found that having the bifocal, for your near vision, on top of the lens works best for PPC shooting.
      Take your pistol to the eye doctor and see what amount of correction you will need to see the sight clearly.Make sure you can see the x ring outlines clearly at seven and 15 yards so you can maintain a good aimpoint.Don,t get too much correction or you will constantly have to move your head up and down to focus on the front sight and make sure you are properly aligned on the target.I use DECOTE HYWYDE glasses and they have an excellent website.
      I was still able to win my state championship last year with a brand new pair of glasses I got just days before the match.
      My fifty yard line scores actually went up as my near vision started to fail I had to work a lot harder to focus on the top of the front sight than I used to have to.Good luck.
      Joe
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement