Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Point of Aim
    • Unregistered Member (Login Gunnerrr)
      Posted Feb 14, 2008 12:01 AM

Well, just when you got the right answer, someone chimes in and mucks the whole thing up. That someone would be me. I won't start blowing my horn (that bit me in the ass years ago). Suffice it to say I've been a HM since the mid 80s. With that said, I two comments.
      1) Neck holds sucked for me. I just couldn't get the elevation nailed. My answer was a high head hold. If you've shot bullseye, you'll find the sight pic looks the same; a semi-circle of black on top the front sight. Once you start focusing on the front sight (the way you're suppose to), most of the black disappears and all you are looking for is any evidence of black on top your front sight.
      2) Regarding 6 in 12, my "secret" would be maintaining a good rhythm and don't drag that first shot out. If you take 4/5 seconds trying to make shot 1 right, you're playing catch up from there. Oh, and I'm evidently one of those wierdos someone else spoke of who shoots center mass from 25 in. My X count went up once I trashed the neck thing.

Hope I didn't ruin your day.....
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement