Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Point of Aim
    • George (no login)
      Posted Feb 14, 2008 4:45 PM

Although I personally prefer neck hold, I don't think center hold is entirely wrong. I aim at the center at all distances in service revolver since it is not possible to adjust the sights enought for neck hold on my Python. The big advantage is that you don't have to care so much about the target. Once you have found the point of aim, it is easier to "feel" that you're aiming at the right point and just focus at the front sight. The downside is when you shoot in strange light. Since the X is not in the middle of the target it can be tricky to know where to aim if you cannot see the X. To me the target looks bigger when shooting a bad light (for example, a rainy day or in Swedish fall, winter or spring ) and that makes me shoot high when using center hold. I simply think I see to much target and raise the point of aim.

/George
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement