Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Blinders
    • Art (Login ArtVelez)
      Posted Aug 30, 2008 12:11 AM

Brad,
      When it comes to blinders I've tried a bunch! I shoot with oakley glasses, and nothing seemed to work. Two years ago I shot the Bianchi Cup, and lo and behold I see Doug Koenig walking around with blinders cut out of an ammo box. He ends up winning the cup that year.

The following season I pulled out an ammo box, and started experimenting with different sizes. I have been using them ever since, and when they wear out, just pull out another ammo box and make some new ones. They might not be pretty, but they work! It's not like we are out there for a beauty contest, just need something to keep the glare out. And trust me, I am not winning any beauty contests!! I am a fair to middlin' shooter, and since I started wearing the blinders my scores have become more consistent. If you don't want to use ammo boxes, I have some team mates that have made them out of plastic school binders.

Hope it helps.

Art V.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement