Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Bill Davis model 65-3 value?
    • JP EASON (no login)
      Posted Sep 3, 2008 7:49 PM

YOUR BILL DAVIS WINDMASTER WAS BRAIN STORMED ON A COCKTAIL NAPKIN IN DES MOINES IOWA AT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS MID 80'S,BY KERRY FREEMAN(MASTER GUNSMITH W/BILL DAVIS)SAM YARRISH(U.S.SECRET SERVICE SUPER SHOOTER) AND MYSELF. IT WAS THE RESULT OF HIGH WINDS AND BLOWING RAIN THAT YEAR(AND SEVERAL OTHER YEARS)THAT CAUSED THE GUN AND SHOOTER TO BE EFFECTED BY THE WIND.THE IDEA WAS TO REMOVE AS MUCH FLAT SURFACE AREA AS POSSIBLE AND BALL CUT (ROUND CUT) AS MUCH MATERIAL AS POSSIBLE SO WIND WOULD FLOW AROUND BARREL INSTEAD OF PUSHING IT. WORKED PRETTY GOOD!BILL AND I WON NATIONAL AND WORLD TEAM MATCH'S WITH WINDMASTERS IN 1987 IN DES MOINES.THE CURRENT COST TO BUILD A WINDMASTER IS AROUND 1300.00 DEPENDING ON OPTIONS, ON YOUR FRAME.I WORKED FOR BILL DAVIS UNTIL 1990 AS MANAGER,BILL CLOSED SHOP IN 1991. JP
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement