Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • PPC Revolver Action question
    • jim cirillo (no login)
      Posted Feb 4, 2009 11:41 AM

Joe,
      My error in presenting it the way I did. You are correct about the gun being able to lift a minimum of 2.5 lbs "if" it has a hammer spur and the capability to be shot in a single action mode.
      I have participated in regionals and the Nationals for over 30years and never had my "open" gun weighed for trigger weight with or without the hammer spur.Unfortunately have not shot any record scores so cant tell you if the officials would have checked my gun out. They do have this right.You are correct though per the rule, therefore I would correct my post and advise per your post and JP to either dehorn the hammer and shoot double action only, restore the correct angle to the single action condition(if possile),or replace the trigger and have a competent gunsmith go over the gun and also check the hammer and "other" internal parts for possible butchering that might render the gun unsafe.
      As long as the gun functions in a safe manner shooting it double action only as the original poster indicated I see no reason not to use the gun less the hammer spur. I personally do not recommend grinding or cutting out the single action sear. I have seen guns that were set up strictly for double action have the actions modified like this and used specifically for the open class.
      Leaving the hammer block in is also a real good idea.
      I hope this clarifies my post.I do not want to give the impression I recommend or condone the use of an unsafe gun.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement