Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: RE: Aimpoints
    • Doug (no login)
      Posted May 20, 2009 12:22 AM

Neither my stock or distinguished gun has enough room for adjustment for a neck-hold at 25 and at 50. I have to aim at the x-ring at the short lines and click down 8 or 10 depending on the clouds at the 50. I would prefer to shoot a neck-hold at both. If you have ever had your target in the shade you will understand. I have also found that the neck-hold allows me to reduce my point of aim wobble because my front post is roughly the same width as the neck. When I shoot at the x-ring at 25, I have found that I tend to drift to the right side or the left side of the x-ring and a 10 point group can expand out into the 9-ring. This happens because I can't maintain the center of the x-ring and also give the front sight the attention it deserves. My periphial vision works better when I use the light colored cardboard on either side of the neck to determine equal amount of light on each side of the front sight. When trying to hold the x-ring, it's all black.
      I hope I haven't confused you, because it makes perfect sense to me, I think.

Good Luck!!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement