Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: PPC in Las Vegas
    • JP (no login)
      Posted Dec 12, 2009 12:25 AM

Ok just had to respond to the Civilian shooter issue. Please give the NRA,and LEAD a little break. NRA and most PPC shooters would welcome anyone to compete in PPC match's.However there are two issues with civilian shooters. First PPC stands for Practical Police Combat, started by Police for police. This classification was and currently is limited to LE and recently including Military Police Personnel. Firearm training for Law Enforcement officers did not exist in many Departments at that time and PPC was a means of training Officers to be more proficient with their handguns. Secondly Many Municipal,County,State and Federal Agencys began to build Ranges suited for PPC match's.These same Agencys allow sworn Personell only on these ranges due to Liability issues(THANK YOU ATTORNEYS AND INSURANCE COMPANYS). NRA and LE officers put on the Rocky Mountain Match's and all the Ranges at that Facility are NRA owned and Civilians are welcomed to shoot there.So please don't blame NRA or PPC shooters for this situation. I can only speak for myself but I believe my fellow shooters like Phil Hemphill, Robert Vadez,Gena Hernandez,Clay Tippet,John Pride,and many others are not affraid to be beaten by Civilian Competitors, we welcome the challenge.So please check with PPC match sponsors to see if Civilians can comptete on there range.I believe The Chabot Regional Shooting Ranges in California (BAY AREA) still have monthly PPC match's that include Civilian competitors. I hope to see you on the range! JP
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement