Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • What auto to build
    • JB Custom Leather (no login)
      Posted Jan 7, 2010 7:32 PM

I hope this will be of some help to you.
      The most popular rib comes from Aristocrat and seems to be the premier rib to use for PPC. Cant go wrong with this product my opinion.
      As far as bbl. legnth, if you use a 5" bbl, you can use it in open and distinguished matches. A 6" bbl. gives you a longer sight radius and prob. more velocity for 50 yards. Whether you gain a great deal of more accuracy is up for debate my opinion. You will have a little more weight for recoil control and recovery, but how critical that is will be up to you.
      BBl. Twist for 9mm is normally 1-16, and can handle bullets from 115 grains up to 147, with some feeling this twist better for the heavier weight bullet. I have read and heard that 1-32 twist for the 115 JHP makes it a tack driver at 50 yards. If you go the 1911 style I think bbls with this twist available. Suggest you check this out on your own. For the money the S&W PPC 9 prob one the best ways to go. Cant get a bbl. for this gun with the 1-32 twist though. Whatever bbl you do go for if you build a gun, dont go cheap. Rock River was building a PPC for a while and I heard that was the twist they used and was supposed to be guaranteed to shoot 1 1/2" groups at 50 yard, but they dont make them anymore for time being. A ramped bbl. is good way to go for function and reliability and is very popular way to go.
      STI from what I have heard is good way to go too.
      Take into consideration the size of your hands. If small then 1911 frame prob best way. With the Smith,it is build on a double stack frame and bulkier.
      This is just some things that I hope is of help to you.
      JB
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement