Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • WHY ??????
    • Bob (Login CALREB)
      Posted Jan 25, 2010 8:08 PM

Who thinks up these rules and in regards to the new MATRIX !!!! ohhhhh were so up to date. Did competitors have trouble reading the old rulebook.Did someone actually have front sight protectors(wings) that extended 2" or more, if so good luck in that wind at Albuquerque. And now that distinguished S/A can have a 6" barrel who does that help, Oh I get it a new shooter can only buy
      1 gun and shoot both Dist S/A and open without a disadvantage over people with a 6". Gee, ok what about those shooters who own 5" guns and are now not only at a slight disadvantage in the open but a real disadvantage in the Dist S/A . or shooters who own both but now are at a disadvantage in the distinguished match and to compete at a top level, need or feel that they need a 6" that qualifies ,because their open gun does not. Maybe Im missing something. You get a new shooter ,tell them buy a Dist S/A you can shoot both with and then later ,if you can afford it or feel you need it get a 6" S/A. Dont even get me started on ammo ,for years its been one way and now thats all the same EXCEPT for 5.7X 28. WHAT is that about, except money of sponsorship.Why not 22 mag or 17 hmr whats the difference. If the NRA would like to change something how about the AWARDS schedule, LIKE printing up what it is going to be BEFORE the NPSC, and not doing the bait and switch like the last couple of years,OH you already entered, we forgot to tell you there is someing different in you packet!!! I like PPC, been shooting it 30 years, but come on,5.7 X 28 . If there were real reasons for change I would understand, loss of competitor interest, you bet, todays young police officers just dont care that much about shooting.Or if they do, they take, (and I would probably join them today) the easier route and shoot some form of action ,no 50 yards range needed, no 6-7 guns,ammo is cheaper, etc.Thats just the way it is, but constantly changing minor parts of the rules until everyone is confused isnt going to help get them here.It only drives other competitors away, look at the NPSC and see the faces that are missing, its not only because of the location.I know this is long and I wrote the same to the NRA 2 years ago but,this last deal left me shaking my head and I was wondering if anyone elso felt the same, thanks Bob
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement