Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 1911 or
    • Bob (Login CALREB)
      Posted Jan 26, 2010 7:29 PM

Welcome aboard, If I was starting over I would start with a 5" guns so I could definetly shoot both dist and open class and possibly even stock auto ,(if I read the new rules correctly) the quick review guide states rule 3.1 applies to all firearms 3.2-3.9 fixed OR ADJUSTABLE sights allowed. If you are thinking of building a new 6" to use in open and distinguished remember it must be a factory manufactured catalog item, no Caspian or other type parts gun .Springfield and others make 6"-longslide guns but I dont think any of them make a 6" in 9mm all are .45.I would think the new rule to 6" is so glock 34-35 and maybe that F/N thing will pass muster. The 6" smith and wessons and most others with aristocrate sights miss the sight radius rule. I have springfield guns that work and shoot great but you will be a while getting one. The smith performance center guns are great but per their people at the shotshow they are no longer making any PPC guns. If that is true, you could buy a 952 single stack ,fine for PPC,same as 5906, and have smith performance center or your gunsmith slap on a aristocrat rear and front if needed.Remember all S+W come with lifetime warrenty and they are MUCH easier to clean that a 1911 will be , especially if you have full length rods and other stuff on your 1911.The performance center guns seem to be a little less ammo sensitive that the 1911,s also. Goog luck dont forget the regional June 4-5 in Boise. Bob
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement